LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Eli Lee from Akron Hoban High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Eli Lee

School Akron Hoban

Class 2025

Positions played MLB And Edge

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played football for 11 years. Started playing flag when I was 5. I still love football because I enjoy the physicality.

What are your greatest strengths as a football player?
My ability to read what the offense is doing and get downhill fast.

What is the one thing you need to improve on to take your game to the next level?
I’ve been working hard at getting better at quick burst and coverage skills.

What is your greatest accomplishment as a football player?
Leading Hoban in tackles as a sophomore.

Out of all the road games you have played, which stadium has been your favorite? Explain.
I like playing at Akron U. Great stadium and we’re 2-0 there.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be?
I would like to see more spring practices and 7 on 7 opportunities because I feel we’re behind other states.

What are your biggest goals this season, as well as the biggest team goal?

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think 16 games is a lot for high school, but I also think it’s great so many teams get to represent their communities and the players get to play at least one more game.

What have been your favorite and least favorite football memories?
My least favorite memory is losing in the state championship last year. My favorite memory was beating Massillon last season.

Is there a coach or athlete that you look up to as a role model, and why?
Nick Chubb. He doesn’t have to be flashy or cocky to be great. I want to be that type of player.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
I know there are a lot of young kids that want to play for Hoban and I like being a part of the tradition and setting an example for them to follow.

Have you heard from any college coaches? If yes, can you name one or two of the schools?
The main three schools I’ve been in contact with are Ohio St., Michigan, and Penn St.

What is your favorite class?
My favorite class is definitely Math.

XFL or USFL
I like the XFL. I feel like they have better talent and more of their guys go to the NFL.

What is your favorite sports movie or show?
My favorite sports movie is Remember the Titans.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Eli Lee from Akron Hoban High School

Post by VetteMan »

All anyone needs to do is just mention the name Akron Hoban, and most football fans will sit up and take notice. Not sure if the majority of talent on their roster comes from the immediate Akron area, but they sure seem to get their fair share of talent each and every year. I've also heard the ZIP stadium is a very nice facility. If Eli is garnering interest from the Buckeyes, Penn State and ScuM, I wonder at what position they may be looking at him for. Agree about Nick Chubb being a perfect choice to look up too as a roll model. Good interview.

Return to “Football”