LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brach Rice from Dixie Heights, Kentucky

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Brach Rice

School: Dixie Heights

Class: 2024

Positions played: LB, Edge, ATH

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to help you be a better player this season?

I play all three major sports and lift whenever I have the opportunity. I have worked to build chemistry with my teammates. We have all had tremendous growth and are excited for next year.

What do you feel is your biggest weakness as a football player?

As I said I am a three-sport athlete, which makes it hard to lift with the team and endure the grind that brings you closer together.

What do you believe is the strongest part of your game?
My physicality and heart for the game. I love it.

What are your personal goals for this season as well as the main goal you have set forth for the team?
My personal goal is hard, at the conclusion of this year, I want to know that I did everything I could to get into a college that sets me up for the future I dream of. If I do that all the accolades will come with it.
My team goal is simple. I want to help our team beat the team in blue down the road.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
They would describe me as a competitor, leader, and someone who will do whatever it takes for the team.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
It may sound crazy, but Corbin. The small-town atmosphere and the us against the world feeling got the juices flowing.

What is the best advice you have been given as far as football goes, and who gave it to you?
I talk to everyone, but I worked really hard to get Hudson Blank to come back out for football. I am really looking forward to having him back. I think he needs us and we need him as well.

Are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past, given that this is your final high school season?
Not really, I am focusing on the team and helping them get better every day.

How important is spring ball as far as getting the team ready for the upcoming season?
Spring ball is important for chemistry but is hard for guys who play Spring sports. Yet being on the field is always exciting.

Have you heard from any college coaches, and if so, could you name some of the schools?
I currently have offers from Miami, Toledo, Ohio, Bowling Green, Eastern Kentucky, Southern Illinois, and Wofford.
I have been on campus or talked to West Virginia, Pitt, Illinois, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, WKU, Purdue, Kentucky, and UC. Most of them have also been to school, as well as Ball State and Louisville.

In your opinion, who was the best player you went up against last season, and which team did he play for?
I would have to say, Simon Kenton. Aba Selm is the best lineman I have seen. You probably don’t know this but we went to grade school together. More than just a player, he is also a good person.

What is your favorite song, and who sings it?
Morgan Whalen, Last Night

What is your favorite class?
Algebra

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?

Are you serious, there is only one answer: Skyline Chili

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brach Rice from Dixie Heights, Kentucky

Post by VetteMan »

Brach seems to be a very confident young man. Things have changed so very much now days to what years ago was a very common occurrence. People that are talking to you and watching you about playing at the next level, are constantly telling you to put on more weight, get stronger plus increase your speed as well. Brach certainly has no shortage of offers at this time, with his Senior year still to go. Good luck your Senior year, hope everything works out for you at the next level. Good interview.

Return to “Football”