2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TayShaun Linton Trigg County (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TayShaun Linton Trigg County (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: TayShaun Linton

Class of: 2024

School:
Trigg County

Positions played:
Defensive End

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve been playing football since I was 5 years old. The thing that keeps me playing is for Mrs. Toni Johnson that gave me the opportunity for tackle football when I was 5. In addition to my coaches and family

Which side of the ball do you prefer to play on? Why?
Defensive side of the ball because I love sacking the opposing quarterbacks and making huge tackles for a loss. Always loved playing defense since the beginning.

Trigg County ended the 2022 season 7-4 overall, including a three-game losing streak to end the season. How important is it to get a win to kick off the 2023 season?
It’s really important to get a win because we have to show that just because we lost some guys that were still that same team that will come and put on a show

Which win will you most remember from the 2022 season, along with the loss that hurt the most?
The win I will most remember this season was the huge win over Murray. We ended a 14-year losing streak. The loss that hurt the most was in our playoff loss against Hart County.

Who was the best player you faced last season, along with the team he played for, and what made him so tough?
Kris Hughes. He played for Union County. What made him very tough to play against was his ability to break off tackles in space and his speed.

How important is spring ball as far as preparing the team for the upcoming season?
It’s a really important thing because you get to see what you have as you’re rebuilding the team. We lost a lot of great players to this graduating class. So it gives an opportunity for the younger guys to start fitting into these important roles

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season to help you be a better player this season?
I’ve accomplished learning a better variety of skills that I can add to my bag for beating an offensive lineman

What do you feel is your biggest weakness as a football player?

I could work a little more on studying film

What do you believe is the strongest part of your game?

I believe my get-off and speed are the best part of my game

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
My teammates and coaches would describe me as a can-do type of guy. Whether something gets changed or anything else I’m someone that gives no complaints and gets it done. Also, someone who isn’t afraid to say what needs to be said.

What road game this season do you dislike the most? Why?
There isn’t really a road game I dislike because I love going to the opposite team's house and making a statement

Have you heard from any college coaches, and if so, could you name some of the schools?

I’ve heard from Bethel, Thomas More, Georgetown, Austin Peay, WKU, Lindsey Wilson, and Indiana State

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?
Definitely El Bracero’s can’t go wrong with some Mexican.

What is your favorite sports movie?
Blindside has to be my favorite sports movie.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TayShaun Linton Trigg County (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

Interesting that TayShaun gives credit to a lady for giving him the opportunity first to play Tackle football when he was 5 years old. If TayShaun, being that he will be a Senior this upcoming season, if he has not gotten in the habit of watching film by now, it's possible that ship may have already sailed. I'm still not in the clear when it comes to Spring Football. Do some States allow it, and others don't? Is it optional, I have no idea. Good luck your Senior season. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

A lot of states do allow spring ball. I have gotten in the habit of asking the players and coaches from Kentucky this question. My reasoning for this is, so that they can show (tell) how important it is.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:10 pm A lot of states do allow spring ball. I have gotten in the habit of asking the players and coaches from Kentucky this question. My reasoning for this is, so that they can show (tell) how important it is.
Thank you.

Return to “Football”