LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Julian Rozzi from Mineral Ridge

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Julian Rozzi

School Mineral Ridge

Class 2024

Positions played Cornerback, Wide receiver

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve been playing for about 4 years. The feeling under the lights on Fridays and the bond you make with your teammates are what makes me want to keep playing.

With this being your final high school season, are you approaching things differently than you have in the past?
Yes, completely different, I’ve taken the weight room a whole lot more seriously and doing extra work before and after school.

What are your personal goals for the season, as well as the goals you have set for the team?
My goals for this season are definitely to win the league and beat a school record, and a goal for my team is to have fun and make it a year that will be talked about for a while.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
It would be an honor to play in an All-Star game!

Which side of the ball is harder to play for you? Explain:
It would probably be offensive only because I’ve had teammates with great talents on that side of the ball with me and i felt i couldn’t play up to that in the past.

Which side of the ball do you think you are best at? Explain:
Definitely defensive, I feel more connected to the game when I’m trying to stop a team from progressing down the field and great defense always turns into great offense.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
Hard-working, committed, leader, and caring.

Where should the state finals be held?
The Ohio Stadium would be a great experience!

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
Canton Central Catholic had a great stadium.

Do you think that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you guys play?
Yes, we make sure to set great examples for anyone watching and younger kids who want to play football, we show what hard work gets you and what you can achieve.

What is the one thing you need to improve on to take your game to the next level?
My tackling and defending for sure, I need to work on hitting hard and low, also can’t get caught looking in the backfield too long.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it is interesting and would be a fun experience.

What is your favorite type of music, along with your least favorite?
Honestly, I’ll listen to any type of music, depends on the day and mood.

What is your favorite class?
I enjoy science a lot and doing experiments!

What are the toppings for your perfect pizza?
For sure pepperoni and sausage.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Julian Rozzi from Mineral Ridge

Post by VetteMan »

Julian seems to have the right attitude as he is approaching his Senior year. He loves playing with his teammates, he's working extra hard to make himself a better player, yet he doesn't seem to set his goals to high, but hopes he and his teammates can have a good season, that someday they will be able to look back on and be proud of. Some kids are just happy in the moment, which really is the way it should be. Good interview.

Return to “Football”