2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Louisville Cardinal commit Shaun Boykins Jr. from North Hardin High School

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Louisville Cardinal commit Shaun Boykins Jr. from North Hardin High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Shaun Boykins Jr.

School: North Hardin High School in Radcliff, Kentucky

Class: 2024

Positions played: WR, RB, S, Cb, Kr/Pr

What are your goals for this season as well as the goals you have set for your team?

I want to set my school record in receptions, yards, and touchdowns in a year, and I want my team to win state undefeated.

Who is the best player you have faced, along with the team he played for, and what made him so tough?

The best player is Kenyon Goodin because he was a true dual-threat quarterback he played for Collins.

Who has the best team you have ever faced, and what made them so good?

The best team is probably Louisville Manual because they had a really good defensive line and were pressuring our quarterback that game.

What have been the highs and lows of your football career?

The high was probably the game against Barren County. I had 8 catches, 4 touchdowns, and 250 yards. The low was probably being upset in a playoff game we shouldn’t have lost.

What was the hardest part of the 2022 season?

The hardest part was not being frustrated when we lost games.

With this being your season, are you approaching things any differently?

I’m making sure everyone is locked in all year long and putting in the extra work/ I’m coming different, improvement every year

Which win will you remember the most from last season, as well as the loss that hurt the most?

John Hardin, our cross-town rivals I had two catches for two touchdowns and like 120 yards. The loss that hurt the most was the playoff game because we should’ve blown out Davies County.

How important is spring ball as far as preparing the team for the upcoming season?

It gets everyone prepared, ready, and focused.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?

They would describe me as someone who gets better, a leader, a positive guy, and THE GUY on a team.

If you could change one rule in high school football, what would it be?

If I could change one rule, it would be the holding penalty on touchdown plays; the touchdowns should count.

I read that you recently committed to Louisville. Can you tell us what went into that decision? Congrats on that, by the way.

I committed to Louisville because of the new culture that’s coming with coach Brohm; he is a winner and sends guys to the NFL; the team is something nice and is going to be a national championship contender for years to come; and it’s right in my backyard, so it’s convenient.

What toppings go on your pizza?

Toppings, any meat.

What is your favorite book?

My favorite book would probably have to be The Hunger Games.

What is your dream vacation spot?

My dream vacation spot is California in the country, and out of the country, it would be Bora Bora.

Return to “Football”