LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brodey Berg from Anderson High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Brodey Berg

School Anderson High School

Class 2024

Positions played RB / slot receiver

How long have you played football and what keeps you playing?
I have played football for 8 years and the bonds I have made through football as well as the physicality and competitiveness of the sport keep me in love with the game.

In watching some of your Hudl highlights you appear to see the hole almost before it appears and once it is there you hit it and bam you are off to the races. What all goes into making things look as easy as it does and how much of that credit goes to the good job your linemen have done?
Just being able to see the field well and predict where the defense will be helps me predict where the holes are. My oline also deserves a ton of credit because they are the ones opening up the holes for me.

With this being your final season at Anderson have you found yourself preparing differently than you have in the past?
I continue to put all my effort into each workout, but I do find myself putting in more work than I have previously. Our team as a whole is also putting in more work than in previous years and I am very excited for this upcoming season.

What are your personal goals for this season?
My personal goals are to become quicker with my cuts and acceleration and to be 1st team all-state, as well as play Division 1 Football in college.

Do you pattern your game after a certain player? Who?
I try to base my game off of Christian McCaffrey, especially the way that he is very versatile.

What are your goals for the 2023 season and your goals for the team?
My goals for this season for myself are to get over 2,000 all-purpose yards and to average over 5 yards a carry. My goals for my team are to continue to grow as a team and to win a state championship.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
After the season is over, I would definitely love to play in one of the all-star games, but I am more focused on playing football at the next level.

Looking at the schedule for this coming season, who is the team you most want to beat? Why?
For this next season, I want to beat Turpin because they are a huge rival, but I also really want to beat Kings because they beat us in the regional finals last year.

What is your biggest strength as a football player?
My biggest strength is that I am very determined and competitive and I will give it my all to get that extra yard and to win.

What do you feel you must improve to take your game to the next level?
I feel like I still need to improve my agility and speed to improve my game.

Can you share with those who will be reading this interview some of the colleges you have talked to about playing football?
I have an offer from Brown University, and I am also talking to some of the other Ivy Leagues including Penn, Harvard, Yale, and Columbia. I have also had interest from other schools including Georgetown, Lafayette, Dayton, Miami, and others.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
I feel that my teammates and I are definitely role models for the younger kids because they look up to us as football players and as high school kids.

Where is the best spot in town to grab a bite?
I think the best spot in town to grab food is just some good old Chipotle or chick-fil-a. Those are my go-to places.

What is your favorite song along with your favorite type of music?
My favorite pre-game song is Dreams and Nightmares by Meek Mill, and my favorite genre is rap.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Brodey Berg from Anderson High School

Post by VetteMan »

It's no surprise that Brodey knows that regardless of how quick or how fast he is, he's only going to be able to do so much unless he has those great teammates of his upfront opening up those lanes to run through. Christian McCaffrey, not a bad athlete to pattern himself after. Besides being an excellent football player, Brodey no doubt must be an outstanding student for him to have all of those Ivy League Schools showing interest in him. Good interview.

Return to “Football”