2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TelTel Long from Greenwood High School (Ky)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TelTel Long from Greenwood High School (Ky)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name- TelTel Long

School- Greenwood High School

Class- 2024

Positions played- Running Back, Corner, and Safety

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

I’ve played football for as long as I can remember. My love for the game and the whole process is what keeps me playing.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most, and which side of the ball do you think you are the best at?

I love both sides of the ball! I love the physicality aspect of defense and the thrill and excitement after a play goes your way offensively. Performance wise I think I’ve had more success on the offense side of the ball.

Greenwood went 9-3, including two very close losses. What will you guys, as a unit, have to do to beat that record?

We feel like the 3 games we lost last year were by a few little mistakes we made. “The 2%” As Coach Howard would say. We just have to continue to improve and reach individual and team goals we’ve set for ourselves for this offseason and stay focused and determined throughout the entire season.

Who was the best team Greenwood faced last season, and what made them so good?

I’d say Bowling Green was probably the toughest team we faced last year. It was difficult to overcome the momentum they built early on in the game. But that’s part of what we’re focusing on this off-season. Being able to overcome adversity and staying composed.

Who was the best player you have ever gone up against, along with the team he played for, and what made him so good?

I’d probably have to say, Jantzen Dunn. I was a freshman when I played him and it just felt like he was everywhere doing everything.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?

I think they’d describe me as a great competitor and leader. They know I’d do anything it takes to win whether that’s fighting for that extra yard or sticking my nose in for a tackle. Also as a person that pushes them to become the best they can be whether that’s on the field or in the weight room.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?

Owensboro and Logan County’s stadium have probably been my two favorites so far. Their stadiums are set up where our fans our really close to the sideline, making celebrations after big plays 10x better. The crowd is right there, loud, really does feel like a 12th man.

How important is spring ball as far as getting the team ready for the upcoming season?

This has been a really important spring ball for us. We had lots of seniors graduate last year leaving lots of positions open, and many people stepped up and filled in those positions. Instead of working to build back what we had last year. I feel like we’ll be picking up right where we left off last season to begin this summer.

Are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past, given that this is your final high school season?

Personally, I have a “be the best” and “It’s now or never” mentality going about everything this year. I’m working harder than ever in the weight room. Getting faster every day, all while bulking up a bit in order to be THE best this upcoming season.

If you had to pick one, which team on the schedule do you want to beat the most? Why?

Certainly, we have to beat Bowling Green this year along with South Warren. It would also be really nice to settle unfinished business we seniors feel like we have with Owensboro.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?

Certainly. There’s been a few occasions we’ve stayed for the middle school games to root on the kids younger than us and give them a little bit of advice.

What one food do you enjoy eating that most others do not?

Definitely eating my eggs and bacon with syrup.

XFL or USFL?

XFL!!

What is your favorite class?

History class. History/Politics is most likely what I’ll study in college

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with TelTel Long from Greenwood High School (Ky)

Post by VetteMan »

Being that Tel Tel's Senior season is fast approaching, his mindset seems to be that it's now or never, do or die, that it's time to give supreme effort in everything that he does going forward. Greenwood High School finished with a 9-3 record this past season, with a couple very close losses. If I was to venture a guess, I would say that Tel Tel's teammates look up to him as one of the leaders on the team, always giving that extra effort each and every play. Good luck against Bowling Green next season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”