LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Jalee Brown from Tri-Valley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Jaleel Brown

School Tri-Valley High school

Class 2024

Positions played? Wide receiver and safety

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?
I’ve played football since I was five years old and my love for the game has kept me playing.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most? Why?
I enjoy playing offense more than defense because I’m better on that side of the ball.

What has been your fondest memory, along with your least favorite, when it comes to football?
My favorite memory is definitely beating Jackson last year and my least favorite was losing to Sheridan last year at home.

What have you achieved during the off-season that will help you be a better player this year?
This offseason I’ve been focused on increasing my speed and route running

I know you want to win all games, but if you had to pick one team, which one do you most want to beat this season?
The team I want to beat the most this season is Sheridan, we fell short by one point last year and I know that we all wish we could have that game back.

With this being your final season at Tri-Valley, have you found yourself preparing differently than you have in the past?
Going into my senior season I have definitely been working harder because I know we have something to prove to everyone.

What are your goals for the 2023 season and your goals for the team?
My personal goals for this season are to make All-Ohio and finish with around 900 receiving yards and break a receiving record. My goals for this team are to win the MVL and make a playoff run.

After the season is all over, how important will it be to you to be able to play in one or two of the All-Star games around the state?
Playing in an All-Star game is really important to me so that I can showcase my talent against the best around.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids who come and watch you play?
I feel that my teammates and I are great role models for the kids that come watch us play because we always have a positive mindset, we always pick each other up, and we never give up.

How would your coaches and teammates describe you?
I believe that all of my coaches and teammates would describe me as hardworking, a leader, and someone they can always depend on.

What is your greatest accomplishment as a football player?
I believe my greatest accomplishment was showing that even being undersized I can still play at a high level.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I like it because it gives teams that had a rougher schedule a chance to prove that they belong in the playoffs.

What is your favorite class?
My favorite class and best class is English

What goes on your perfect pizza?
The perfect pizza to me is buffalo chicken and bacon.

What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is definitely the Harry Potter series.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Jalee Brown from Tri-Valley

Post by VetteMan »

Jalee talks about his favorite moment from last year was being able to beat Jackson High School. I just happened to be at that game, as it was a very close exciting game. I have a lot of respect for the MVL conference, one of the most competitive conferences in the State. From year to year you can pretty much count on Tri Valley, Sheridan and John Glenn being able to play with anyone on their schedule, and being successful in doing so. Good interview.

Return to “Football”