LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Grayson Lehman from Dalton High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Grayson lehman

School Dalton high school

Positions played OG/ DT

Class 2024

What is the biggest goal you have set for yourself this season?
Play in a state championship game

In watching a little of your HUDL, I noticed that on defense, you can get off of your blocker and get to the ball carrier. Once you get your hands on him, you do not let go. What preparation do you have to do to make these difficult tasks look as easy as they do?
Starts in the weight room continuing to get stronger, then learning how to use my strength to move people. For defensive practice, we do a lot of drills working on quick hands which makes it easy to do during the game.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most, and why?
I enjoy playing defense more than offense because I just get to hit people.

What were the highs and lows of the 2022 season?
One of the best parts of this last season and the season before was being able to play next to my brother. Winning league championships back to back is one of the best memories I have from football to this point. For the biggest low of this last season, it has to be the middle of the season losing to Hillsdale, nothing went right for us but as a team, we responded well after that game.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think it’s good that 16 teams from each region are getting a chance to play in the playoffs. As a player though as long as my team is in the playoffs I don’t care who else makes it.

Where do you think the state finals should be held?
I like the state finals at the Hall of Fame because of it being close but I feel like playing at the Ohio state stadium would be a great experience.

Looking back at all of the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed playing at the most? Explain.
Playing at Ridgewood was one of the better fields I’ve played on, I liked that it was a grass field. Playing at norwayne my sophomore year was a lot of fun as well but that’s mainly because we won and it was a great atmosphere.

With this being your final high school season, are you approaching things differently than you have in the past?
With this being my last high school season I’ve definitely taken the weight room more seriously in the past few months along with being properly conditioned to play both ways.

After the season is over, how important is it to you to get to play in one or two of the state-wide all-star games?
Playing in an all-star game would be a great experience but it isn’t very important to me because I’ll be getting ready to play at the next level.

What must you improve on this year to take your game to another level?
Getting in shape to play both ways the whole game is the most important thing for me this offseason. During the season I need to stretch more and do things to keep myself on the field as much as possible.

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level? If so, can you name a few of the schools?
I’ve heard from a few schools some being Akron, Kent State, Davidson, Hillsdale, and Dayton, and I’ve received an offer from Clarion.

What is your favorite song, along with your favorite genre?
I don’t really have a favorite song but my favorite genre is country.

What toppings and crust make up your favorite pizza?
My favorite pizza is barbecue sauce with chicken and pineapple on it or Mac n cheese pizza.

Who is your favorite athlete?
When I was younger my favorite player was Michael Bennett, I don’t really have a favorite athlete anymore.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight with Grayson Lehman from Dalton High School

Post by VetteMan »

I would guess that Grayson's ultimate goal for the season would be like 99% of what every other high school player in the State would strive for also. Being that so very few kids are ever afforded the opportunity to participate in an All-Star game at the end of their High School career, I kind of like Grayson's confidence in that he will be getting ready to play at the next level regardless. Good Interview.

Return to “Football”