LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Camden Redd from Logan Elm High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Camden Redd

School Logan Elm

Class 2024

Positions played Tight End/Defensive End

At what age did you start playing football, and what keeps you playing?
I started playing around 8. The reason I keep playing is because it’s really just all I know it’s my safe place it kept me out of trouble growing up and it still has it is just what keeps me going every day.

After you are through playing all sports, would you consider getting into the coaching profession?
Yes, I do want to start coaching when I get out of playing football so I can teach and give kids a role model that I didn’t have growing up.

What is the best piece of advice you have ever received when it comes to football or sports in general?
Just keep your head down and keep working it doesn’t matter what everyone else got you’ll get yours when the time comes.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
I don’t know I’ve never thought about it.

Who is the one team you want to beat most this season? Explain.
Bloom Carrol is the team I want to and will beat in this upcoming season. Our football program hasn’t beaten them in a minute and this is my last season as a Logan Elm Brave so they are definitely losing in this coming up season.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes I do believe so because I believe this team will go far and make an impact on the program to make not only the younger kids do better but the community as well.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams per region making the playoffs?
I think that the more teams we play is better because I cannot wait for this team to show off our talent.

In watching some of your HUDL highlights, I saw that you are not only a nightmare for defenses with your size, but you also have the ability to not only catch the move but become a dangerous runner after the catch. How much of this is pure talent, and how much comes from film study and good coaching?
Just being able to know the other team's defense is a huge plus if your into film being able to break down players and their weaknesses makes the game so much easier and helps me make the big plays when I do receive the ball. Also, coaching can make or break a team because without good morale or mindset, the team will not go anywhere at the end of the day it all comes down to family and our coaches are who we look to when we are in a really bad place.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy the most? Explain.
I like offense the most being able to impact the run or pass game is what I love to do blocking or passing but it’s always fun to ruin an offense when your on defense

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level? If so, could you name a school or three?
Yes, I have I currently have an offer from one school, the school is Wittenberg University. A couple of other interests would be Tiffin University and Ashland University.

What is your favorite genre of music, along with your favorite song?
I like rap but I also like other music I don’t really know what genre it falls under but it is good to listen to. A couple of my favorite artists would be Adele, 21 Savage, and J Cole but my favorite song would have to be Deja Vu by J Cole.

USFL or XFL?
If either is on I’ll watch them I just like watching football but I would have to say I watch the USFL more

What toppings and style of crust go on your perfect pizza?
I like the short crust pizza with only pepperoni on it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Camden Redd from Logan Elm High School

Post by VetteMan »

First off Camden, I like your confidence, plus it's even better when you can back it up. Didn't Bloom Carrol play in the State Championship Final game last season? Beating BC just might be easier said than done. Good luck your Senior year, hope you have a very successful season. Good interview.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Camden Redd from Logan Elm High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Gotta love confidence without saying bad things.

Return to “Football”