What's going on at Warren?

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: What's going on at Warren?

Post by Ff3233 »

*D1* wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:27 pm I just wish Warren wouldn’t have started ducking Meigs. But who can blame them once they saw that we are building monsters in the weight room. Still like to get a series going with them though. Maybe we should look into that new league they are in. That way them and PP couldn’t dodge us anymore.
Don't you get tired pushing this same old shtick? I know most everyone else is

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

*D1* wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:27 pm I just wish Warren wouldn’t have started ducking Meigs. But who can blame them once they saw that we are building monsters in the weight room. Still like to get a series going with them though. Maybe we should look into that new league they are in. That way them and PP couldn’t dodge us anymore.
I should know better than to engage this but the last two times we’ve played have resulted in an average score of 53.5 to 14, and not in your favor. “Ducking” probably isn’t the best description of it.

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

beg003 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:38 am
I should know better than to engage this but the last two times we’ve played have resulted in an average score of 53.5 to 14, and not in your favor. “Ducking” probably isn’t the best description of it.
When is the last time Warren lost to a TVC team?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:15 pm
beg003 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:38 am
When is the last time Warren lost to a TVC team?
I’d say in 2018 to Athens.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

Apparently basketball has more pull than football at Warren. A good hoopster decided to trade his cleats in for sneakers full time. He had potential to be a good football player. Must be something going on out there that made him change his mind?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:32 am Apparently basketball has more pull than football at Warren. A good hoopster decided to trade his cleats in for sneakers full time. He had potential to be a good football player. Must be something going on out there that made him change his mind?
6-6 Qb?

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:06 am
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:32 am Apparently basketball has more pull than football at Warren. A good hoopster decided to trade his cleats in for sneakers full time. He had potential to be a good football player. Must be something going on out there that made him change his mind?
6-6 Qb?
He wasn’t playing from the start. This kid is a forward and could’ve been a decent lineman.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Maybe call Welch and ask how he gets players to play. He’s reportedly gaining players as Warren is losing them. Could it be that Belpre will dress more players than Warren does this season? :o

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:53 am
6-6 Qb?
He wasn’t playing from the start. This kid is a forward and could’ve been a decent lineman.
Why do you say he could of been a decent lineman?? Maybe he didn't like football...football isn't what it once was...kids have so many other things to do now a days with sports being played year round.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:10 pm

6-6 Qb?
Why do you say he could of been a decent lineman?? Maybe he didn't like football...football isn't what it once was...kids have so many other things to do now a days with sports being played year round.
It’s not a sport for everyone and that’s okay. Better now than in the middle of a season. There’s been lots of talking about the player that left or those that stayed and chose not to play. There are still plenty of good players on the team who are now sophomores and juniors that will have good seasons. Was Williams a good player? Absolutely. Are the guys who will take his spot good players? Also yes.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

6-6 Qb?
He could’ve been a good lineman if he had a coach who believed in his progress and didn’t give up on him. He was a first year guy with a high ceiling. Good enough athlete to start on a winning basketball team and play power forward. Not too many high schools just let athletes walk out the door. Unless you play Warren football for this new culture guy. Anyone can say what they want, sugar coat it, and support what’s going on out there, but all the athletes who aren’t playing football this year would still be playing football if the coach wouldn’t have run them off for one reason or another. Williams left because of the coach… period! It surely wasn’t because he didn’t want to play with kids he grew up with as a senior!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:06 am

He could’ve been a good lineman if he had a coach who believed in his progress and didn’t give up on him. He was a first year guy with a high ceiling. Good enough athlete to start on a winning basketball team and play power forward. Not too many high schools just let athletes walk out the door. Unless you play Warren football for this new culture guy. Anyone can say what they want, sugar coat it, and support what’s going on out there, but all the athletes who aren’t playing football this year would still be playing football if the coach wouldn’t have run them off for one reason or another. Williams left because of the coach… period! It surely wasn’t because he didn’t want to play with kids he grew up with as a senior!
Instead of speaking in generalities, how about you give some specific numbers, yeah? By the sounds of it, we might only have 11 players on the roster. How many left and how many stayed? I’m willing to bet it’s more of the latter than the former. If you’ve got a personal thing, the administration’s door is always open.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

beg003 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:56 am

Instead of speaking in generalities, how about you give some specific numbers, yeah? By the sounds of it, we might only have 11 players on the roster. How many left and how many stayed? I’m willing to bet it’s more of the latter than the former. If you’ve got a personal thing, the administration’s door is always open.

Sometimes quality is better than quantity. Warren lost some quality players. Just ask your dad. He’ll tell you. They’ll win the games they should as sophomores and juniors but don’t expect those kids to win against older teams. Apples aren’t oranges.

jcbigblue13
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Not sure he would be playing no matter who the coach is or was...pretty sure he didn't like football all that much....not sure why you think all good athletes should be playing football...if my son was a good athlete I would steer him away from football and play something else no matter who was coaching....btw...I liked the last coach and I like this coach

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

jcbigblue13 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:54 pm

Not sure he would be playing no matter who the coach is or was...pretty sure he didn't like football all that much....not sure why you think all good athletes should be playing football...if my son was a good athlete I would steer him away from football and play something else no matter who was coaching....btw...I liked the last coach and I like this coach
We live in the MOV. The football teams with the majority of “athletes” on them are more successful. Check the rosters around town. Warren has several kids who play multiple sports, just not enough play football. It hurts them when their “athletes” don’t play. I mean they’ve been losing ( in football) for 20 years thinking the way you do.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm

We live in the MOV. The football teams with the majority of “athletes” on them are more successful. Check the rosters around town. Warren has several kids who play multiple sports, just not enough play football. It hurts them when their “athletes” don’t play. I mean they’ve been losing ( in football) for 20 years thinking the way you do.
In that same regard, Warren has been losing football games for 20 years with a certain cultural pattern of thinking about coaching. Change is difficult for some people. You said “new culture coach” earlier as though it’s a bad thing. You say it as though the coach is to blame because kids, maybe some parents, are unwilling to adapt. So what aren’t they adapting to? Accountability? A new scheme? Different rules? A refusal to cater to “this is the way we’ve always done it”?

If you are going to assign blame, at least be forward enough to spell out exactly what it is that these players can’t handle about the coach. Then people can decide for themselves whether it’s “the coach” or if it’s more, “I want to do things my way instead of the coach’s way.” In many cases where change happens, it isn’t really a matter of “fault” and it’s okay to just say there are philosophical differences.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

enigmaax wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:50 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:34 pm

In that same regard, Warren has been losing football games for 20 years with a certain cultural pattern of thinking about coaching. Change is difficult for some people. You said “new culture coach” earlier as though it’s a bad thing. You say it as though the coach is to blame because kids, maybe some parents, are unwilling to adapt. So what aren’t they adapting to? Accountability? A new scheme? Different rules? A refusal to cater to “this is the way we’ve always done it”?

If you are going to assign blame, at least be forward enough to spell out exactly what it is that these players can’t handle about the coach. Then people can decide for themselves whether it’s “the coach” or if it’s more, “I want to do things my way instead of the coach’s way.” In many cases where change happens, it isn’t really a matter of “fault” and it’s okay to just say there are philosophical differences.
Bingo. Someone from a winning program catering to the way a historically losing program does things doesn’t make much sense.

OhioValleyPreps
Waterboy

Post by OhioValleyPreps »

I don’t know anything about their coach but he was pushing the big three on Twitter trying to get them some college looks. Shame two of them are moving on I was high on them this year.

WldKat98
Waterboy

Post by WldKat98 »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:58 pm
jcbigblue13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:24 pm
Bucknuts88 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:44 am Whole new staff, and key players leaving is all I've heard this off-season. Sounds like Peyton is cleaning house. What's going on?
What are you trying to stir up?? Cleaning house...haha what a joke that statement is! And as far as players, maybe some have consider not playing for reason other than the coach...not all kids think football is the end all of sports, just maybe they have decided to pursue other avenues.
If you really believe that the head coach isn’t the reason, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I’ll sell ya.. Senior players just don’t stop playing or move because they have other things to do. If Kimes was still there, Warren is a playoff team this season with all the departed players on his roster.
Yep, it doesn't make sense - good players leaving in their senior year. To better opportunities? Some perhaps.. but that also means something isn't promising at Warren fb this year. Post whatever positive hype you want, but I'm not buying it. Something isn't adding up.

Agree if Kimes was still there, they would be a play off team. Kimes motivated those kids and every player on that team went above and beyond to give 110% because Kimes knew how to get those kids to be their best, play hard and keep a team cohesive. It was exciting to watch those kids play with their hearts.

We will see what this season produces. I think Warren is in for a long rebuild
Last edited by WldKat98 on Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

WldKat98 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:52 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:58 pm
jcbigblue13 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:24 pm

What are you trying to stir up?? Cleaning house...haha what a joke that statement is! And as far as players, maybe some have consider not playing for reason other than the coach...not all kids think football is the end all of sports, just maybe they have decided to pursue other avenues.
If you really believe that the head coach isn’t the reason, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I’ll sell ya.. Senior players just don’t stop playing or move because they have other things to do. If Kimes was still there, Warren is a playoff team this season with all the departed players on his roster.
Yep, it doesn't make sense - good players leaving in their senior year. To better opportunities? Some perhaps.. but that also means something isn't promising at Warren fb this year. Post whatever positive hype you want, but I'm not buying it. Something isn't adding up.

Agree if Kimes was still there, they would be a play off team. Kimes motivated those kids and every player on that team went above and beyond to give 110% because Kimes knew how to get those kids to be their best, play hard and keep a team cohesive. It was exciting to watch those kids play with their hearts.

We will see what this season produces. I think Warren is in for a long rebuild
4-6 teams can’t lose the talent with the experience those kids had in the last 365 days and honestly think they’ll be ok this year. Losing seniors to graduation is one thing. Losing upcoming juniors/seniors to other sports and schools is another. Not everyone at Warren is drinking the same koolaide.

Return to “Football”