LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Aaron Walters from Logan Elm High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Aaron Walters

School Logan Elm

Class 2025

Positions played QB

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

6 years, what keeps me playing is the love of the game, and failing in this game keeps the best of me coming out, putting time in is the best time spent.

In watching some of your HUDL highlights, I noticed you have the ability to spin out of contact while keeping your eyes downfield and still find a way to throw the ball on a dime. What all goes into this process off the field to make it look so easy on the field?
Keeping my eyes downfield and being able to keep the play alive is a big part of my game and is an amazing skill to have as a quarterback. Spinning away and throwing a good throw is just very simple to reverse out of the pocket and throwing the football you just have to do the small and key moments to do it perfectly every time.

Keeping with the Hudl stuff, you have the ability to throw to all areas of the field, and then when you run the ball, you seem to be able to go left or right without hesitation. How much of that comes from natural instincts?
A lot of my running skills come from being a little kid and being able to make a throw anywhere quickly comes from my dad being able to point and me throwing in that direction quickly and accurately, I wouldn’t be able to accomplish anything without my dads help.

What will you most remember from the 2022 season?
The thing I will remember the most from my 2022 season has to be going in and starting as a Sophomore competing with people that have played for a lot longer, and learning stuff. But the most rememberable thing from last season has to be the work that Me and my teammates put in working for that record.

How do you pick up a receiver who has dropped a couple of passes before he starts getting down on himself?
How I pick up a teammate who has messed up a couple of times, I try to pull the person aside and let them know what is going on from my perspective. So if a wide receiver drops a couple of balls, I just talk to them and take their mind away from the game for a second so they can calm down and rethink their game mind.

If you are facing fourth and five from the five and you are down four points, what play do you hope your coach calls?
If I am facing fourth and 5 from the 5-yard line, I’m hoping that coach calls a smash route to my right and a dig and out to my left so I can deep the smash and pull defenders over and if it isn’t open I can throw to the dig who is behind the linebackers who are pulled apart.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
On all the road games I have played in, I have enjoyed the fields of Miami Trace, Bloom Carrol, and Teays Valley. Big schools with nice turf fields and I really like locker room and a good atmosphere.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I like the 16-team playoffs but it also could, be 12 teams and the top 4 teams get a bye week and the 5th team is the new 1st for that week and it plays the 12th which is now the 8th and it keeps going.

Where do you think the state finals should be played?
I like where the state finals are played at, I haven’t been to the stadium personally but my dad has and I’ve seen videos and pictures and watched the games and hope to be there in upcoming years.

Do you believe that you and your teammates are role models for the younger kids that come and watch you play?
Yes, I believe that I’m a role model to the younger kids, I try to connect to the youth a lot in hopes that they continue to play this amazing game. I remember going to our schools camp and looking up to the players, trying to play well so they would think I was good and cool.

How much time during practice do you get for punting?
Last year I didn’t get a lot of time to punt because I wasn’t the starter but I would say the starting punter got a lot of reps in and could try to learn new things.

Where is your go-to spot to grab a bite?
My go-to spot for food for fast food it’s dairy shed inside of Circleville(OH) they have the best milkshakes for the cheapest price and they never disappoint me. Sitting time to get a bite to eat has to be Buffalo Wild Wings I love b dubs, I go with 10 boneless original buffalo and cheese curds with caramel.

What is your favorite style of music?
My favorite style of music is rap, I like listening to the stories behind the lyrics and understanding what they are trying to say, Country music isn’t bad but it’s too slow for me.

XFL or USFL?
NFL, I haven’t watched a lot of USFL so I can’t judge it but I definitely think it has better rules than the NFL and it needs to use some of the USFL rules in the NFL.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Aaron Walters from Logan Elm High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Will he be even better this season?
Can he lead his team to a league title?

Return to “Football”