2023 Player Spotlight with Brock Driver state champion from Boyle County High School, Ky

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Brock Driver state champion from Boyle County High School, Ky

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Brock Driver

School Boyle County

Class 2025

Positions played DE, LB, RB,TE

What's it like to play for Coach Haddix, who was a very, very good player and a great coach?
It is amazing playing for Coach Haddix because he cares about everyone on the team and he wants to make everyone a better player and see them be their best selves.

What is the toughest part of a Boyle County practice?
The toughest part of the practice is all mental because we are tired from running and then trying to focus while running plays full speed.

Other than winning the state title for the third time in a row, what will you most remember from the 2022 season?
I think those last few practices were my favorite part of 2022 because everyone was so excited and ready to win.

What are the three things that you think you must improve to improve your game?
I need to see everyone move faster and I need to stop overthinking

When the game is on the line, which side of the ball do you want to be on? Explain.
When the game is on the line I don’t think it matters what side I’m on because I’m confident on both sides

What are your top personal goals for this season, as well as the most significant goal you have set for your team?
My personal goal for this upcoming season is to be a good teammate and role model for the younger kids. My goal for the team is to get another ring

Which game are you most looking forward to this season?
I’m looking forward to our Douglass game.

What is your favorite memory as far as playing football goes?
My favorite memory of playing football is winning state and everyone hype listening to music on the bus.

Who is the best player you have ever faced and the team he played for, and what made him so good?
I think the best player I have played will have to be Ty Bryant and he played for Douglass. He was good because he was so fast and just played hard.

If you could pick one opponent for Boyle County to play, who would it be and why?
If I had to pick someone to play from Boyle it will have to be Tommy because he is like an older brother to me.

Do you play any other sports for Boyle County?
I play basketball and run track

Outside of playing sports, what are three other things you enjoy doing?
Outside of sports, I like hanging out with friends. Seeing family, playing with my dogs

Where is the best spot to grab a bite in your area?
As of right now Zaxbys but we have a Drakes coming soon

Return to “Football”