LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Preston Wolfe from Hilliard Bradley

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Preston Wolfe

School Hilliard Bradley

Class 2024

Positions played WR

What is the toughest part of playing high school football, along with the most rewarding part of playing?
I would definitely say trying to balance football and what other non-athletes do throughout the day. Most rewarding is spending time with my teammates throughout the year and watching us grow as a team.

In watching your HUDL highlights, the one thing that sticks out to me is the smooth way you make the double move to get open and then adjust just as smoothly to the way the ball is thrown. What all goes into making this look easier than it really is?
Practice, practice, practice!! I take a lot of pride in my craft as a receiver. Repetition is a big part of my game.

Another thing I noticed from your Hudl Highlights was that even when the QB is staring you down, tipping the defense off, you seem to get open as easily as I have seen a receiver at this level do. How much do you practice route running along with the other things that go into getting open as easily as you do?
I practice route running all the time. And that's not just physical practice it’s watching other receivers and how they break down the corner.

What were you able to learn about yourself that you will put to use this season to make you even more dominant this year?
I was able to learn how to change my speed and get open without doing normal things like a rocker step or using my hands.

Do you feel there is a need for three high schools in Hillard?
Yes!! It is definitely hard to break up these kids that have grown up with each other but it’s also way too many kids for one single high school.

What are your thoughts on 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
I think personally it’s good and bad. Because some schools could have a chance to make a run, but also it could be just another game for some of the higher seeds.

Where do you feel the state finals should be held, and why?
I’d love for it to be back in the shoe!! Just being from Ohio every kid would love to be playing there!!

What was the most difficult part of the 2022 season?
Finding our groove back from the earlier stage in the season. We started off really hot but cooled off. So we had to make some changes to get back to where we were.

What are you most looking forward to this season?
Testing our limits!! I can’t wait to see how we match up having a pretty difficult schedule!

Looking back at all of the road games you have played, which stadium have you enjoyed the most?
Dublin Coffman!! Being from Dublin it’s definitely a “rivalry” for me.

Who is the best team you have ever faced?
Possibly Pick Central my freshman year or Gahanna Lincoln this past year

Who is the best player you have ever gone up against along with his team, and what made him so good?
Either one of the Styles from pick central. They take great pride in their game and are great players.

What is your favorite class?
Math! It’s a challenge for me sometimes so I enjoy it a lot!

What toppings go on your perfect pizza?
I’m a cheese only type of guy!

Boxing or UFC?
Grew up watching UFC!!

Return to “Football”