LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight with Aiden Davis from Paul Laurence Dunbar

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name: Aiden Davis

School: Paul Laurence Dunbar

Class: 2024

Positions played: C, OG, DE

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

I’ve played tackle football since 2nd grade and I’ve continued to play because I’ve made a lot of great friends and met a lot of great coaches over the year.

If you could go back and change one thing about the way your football career has gone, what would it be?

If I could change one thing about how my career has gone, I wish that I would have worked more during the covid year and taken football more seriously.

With this being your final high school season, are you approaching things any differently than you have in the past?

I wouldn’t say I’m approaching things any differently but I do feel like I need to teach the younger kids how to be the best they can be.

Which side of the ball is harder for you to play?

I would say offense is harder for me to play. Mostly just because you have memorized a lot more plays than you would have to on the defensive side.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most?

I enjoy playing defense the most. I love the feeling of getting a tackle for loss or a sack.

Who is the best team you have ever played against, and what made them so good?

I would have to say, Frederick Douglas. What makes them so good is that they have a lot of athletes that can play a lot of different positions and they have great coaches.

Paul Laurence Dunbar finished 6-6 last season. What has to change this season to improve that record and make a deeper playoff run?

I think we need to get better at working as a team and taking things a lot more serious in practice and in the weight room.

Of the road games, you have played, which stadium has been your favorite and why?

My favorite stadium was probably Russell just because I’m from that area and I thought it was cool how the scoreboard would shoot fire when they scored.

What will you remember the most from the class of 2023?

I will miss all the memories I had with my friends and teammates, especially in the locker room after we won a game.

Who is the one team you most want to beat this year, and why?

I would have to say Tates Creek only because I believe if we beat them we can win district again for the 4th year in a row.

What are your plans after high school?

I’m not sure yet. Most likely will go to UK or EKU and look into sports medicine

What other interests other than sports do you have?

I like hanging out with my friends outside of school and playing 2k on my play station.

MMA or boxing?

I’d have to say MMA since you are allowed to wrestle and kick

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight with Aiden Davis from Paul Laurence Dunbar

Post by VetteMan »

Aiden seems to enjoy playing football, but on the other hand it doesn't seem to be a life or death situation for him. He seems to have the mindset that a lot of other kids have, that playing offense can be a little more difficult to master than playing defense. Good luck with improving that overall record during the regular season, and hopefully having a longer playoff run your senior season. Good interview.

Return to “Football”