LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Layne Wright from South Gallia High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Name Layne Wright

School South Gallia High School

Class 2026

Positions played RB/WR/DB

Up until now, can you share with us what your favorite memory has been as far as playing football goes?
I would say my favorite memory of playing football was my whole 7th-grade season when we went 8-0 and was league champs.

How long have you played football, along with some of the reasons that keep you playing?
This upcoming season will be my 9th year playing football, I continue to play football because the love I have for the game, the friendships I've created, and how competitive the sport is makes it so much better. There is no place I would rather be than on that field.

What are your personal goals for this season as well as the goals you have for your team?
My personal goal is to always get better and get 1,000 rushing yards, my goal for the team is to win the most we can, always give it our all and continue to make better people out of each other.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium is your least favorite? Why?
I'd say my least favorite stadium was Sciotiville East.

What is the best advice you have been given about playing sports, along with who gave you the advice?
The best advice I've ever got was never to give up and always get back up when u fall. My dad told me that.

Where should the state finals be held?
The state finals for division Vll should be held at Ohio State University.

What was it like making the playoffs last season?
Making the playoffs was nice and very exciting.

What are your thoughts about 16 teams from each region making the playoffs?
With 16 teams making the state playoffs, it's easier to get in but it gives team's a big opportunity.

Do you feel that you and your teammates are role models to the younger kids that come and watch you play?
I do believe that we older guys are role models to the younger kids, I think that because I can remember doing the same thing when I was just a young buck.

Which win will you most remember from the 2022 season, along with the game you want to forget?
I'll mostly remember Belpre's win because that is when I scored the opening touchdown. I'd like to forget the playoff game against Scotivillle East because I was hurt that game and I wish I could have been out there to help my brothers.

What is the toughest part of two-a-days?
I would have to say the toughest part of two days is being already exhausted when you have to come back.

If you could change one rule when it comes to high school football, what would it be and why?
I don't think I would change any rules, I think the game should stay just the way it is.

What toppings and crust go on your perfect pizza?
On my pizza, I like just a plain pepperoni pan dish pizza.

What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite class is gym and my favorite subject is history.

What is a talent that you have that most people who know you would be shocked about?
I think my friends would be shocked by how I can learn very quickly.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Player Spotlight/Interview with Layne Wright from South Gallia High School

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am working on a new interview with this young man.

Return to “Football”