August 18, 2023 Jackson 22 - 0 Logan

Logangrad
All State

August 18, 2023 Jackson 22 - 0 Logan

Post by Logangrad »

Logan travels to Jackson week 1 to battle the Ironmen in one of the longest running rivalries in SE Ohio.

Jackson comes into 2023 after a 10-3 record and the playoffs in 2022. The Red and White offense avg 37.4 ppg in 2022 with big wins over Wheelersburg, Washington CH, and Granville.
Cade Wolford will be the horse this year for the Ironmen. He has at least 12 D1 offers for football. The Senior had 2,242 all-purpose yards as a junior (1,349 rushing, 557 receiving and 336 as a return man. He scored 22 touchdowns (17 rushing, four receiving and one as a return man). He has been a Two-time Honorable Mention All-State, All-Conference and All-District selection.
It looks like his younger brother Bodhi will be the QB this year looking at 7 on 7 clips. He is a 6-1 sophomore with a solid arm and ability to run.

The Chieftains are coming off a 4-6 season in which they were one win short of a likely OHSAA playoff berth in the newly expanded 16-team playoff format.
Logan will return up to 18 letter winners- Jack Brown, Kaden Morgan, Kallen Wilson, Lucas Wolfe, Wyatt Woodgeard, Avery Linton, Chris Gompf, Talon Alford, Maddox Arnett, Jeremy Fraley, Aiden Hite, Kobe Hodge, Noah Markin, Kive Rose, Talon Thompson, Jack Walsh, Austin Weinsziehr, and Elijah Yates.

Mike Eddy returns as head coach for his fifth season in charge of the Purple & White compiling a 13-26 record.

Jackson won in 2022 35-8
2021 JHS 42-7
2020- JHS 48-14
2019- JHS 28-7
2018- No game
2017- No game
2016- JHS 46-14

Live Like A Champion!
SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 1- Logan at Jackson; A rivalry continues!

Post by SE0PScommenter »

Jackson names it

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

Sorry, but it’s not much of a rivalry anymore. Although I have heard that Paladin said Jackson looks slow on film so maybe the Chiefs have a chance this year. :ugeek:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

yeah.... Jackson

AT THE RESERVATION
Thanos
Freshman Team

Post by Thanos »

So what is the tale of the tape leading up to this 100 years of match ups. Jamborees are all done, what does Friday night look like?? Can a Boise State type of upset happen?

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Post by Sensible Steve »

Logan has been trying hard to get back to the Logan of old. Im sure it is not from lack of effort from the players and staff. Jackson could take a small step back but they always seem to reload. Ill take Jackson at home, Jackson 35 Logan 14.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Jackson made a massive leap from first scrimmage to second IMO.

Defense looked nasty against Bellbrook. Fast, physical. Typical Jackson defense. Bellbrook had some "dude" who hit some big plays. But Jackson was goood.

On offense Jackson will be a little more run-heavy than they have been the last few years. Which is perfect because they have some really outstanding running backs. The perfect offense to bring a long a VERY talented sophomore quarterback.

As the old saying goes... "They are who we thought they were." Well coached. Physical. Fast.

Logan also made a big leap from scrimmage one to scrimmage two. Still a little sloppier than you'd like on both sides of the ball. Mental mistakes, etc. But they are asking a lot more out of their quarterback and he didn't play after a week three injury last year.

Offense should be more dynamic, but Jackson will punish those mistakes.

Defense will have to meet Jackson's physicality or else it's all over. They were very good at punishing opponent mistakes on Friday, and you get credit for that, but they have to be more consistent play in and play out.

Jackson is a heavy favorite again. I'm anxious to see if Logan can put it all together. Go Chiefs!

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Jax 35-14

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I took in this game a long time back and will say Jackson was able to overcome some iffy calls to post the win.
(The game report has to be on here somewhere)
As for this game I am going Jackson 47-14.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Does anyone have any information on Logan, they've sort of been in football purgatory for quite awhile now and I'm curious if they're going to be able to dig themselves out. With Jackson replacing so many starters if Logan was going to make this a game this could be the year to try and do, problem is Jackson returns some of the better backs in the area and possibly topped skilled player in Cade Wolford. Jackson 28-14, need to see what the QB situation holds for Jackson.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:03 pm Does anyone have any information on Logan, they've sort of been in football purgatory for quite awhile now and I'm curious if they're going to be able to dig themselves out. With Jackson replacing so many starters if Logan was going to make this a game this could be the year to try and do, problem is Jackson returns some of the better backs in the area and possibly topped skilled player in Cade Wolford. Jackson 28-14, need to see what the QB situation holds for Jackson.
We'll find out this year if Logan is turning a corner.

But the Chieftains also lost a ton of starters, so probably not quite ready to beat the Ironmen.

Optimistic that Logan will post their first winning record since 2015 - but not sure they'll break their week one losing streak.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson wins 28-13.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ironmen gonna be ironmen. I'd be surprised if it isn't settled by mid 3rd quarter.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Post by TheIronBoy »

Ironmen looked good in their last scrimmage against a solid Bellbrook team. Ironmen should name the score.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The 2023 LoganFootball.com Media Guide is now online:

http://www.loganfootball.com/uploads/1/ ... _guide.pdf

I will have the usual weekly media notes packet available tomorrow as well.

Go Chiefs!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

loganlocos wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:56 pm The 2023 LoganFootball.com Media Guide is now online:

http://www.loganfootball.com/uploads/1/ ... _guide.pdf

I will have the usual weekly media notes packet available tomorrow as well.

Go Chiefs!
great read

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good stuff, Locos.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Locos, are you replacing Craig Dunn at the paper? If so, I'm sure you'll do a great job! I read your preview last night. It reminded me of Craig the way it mentioned many quotes from the coach and in-depth detail of each position. Great job!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

cbolt wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:00 pm Locos, are you replacing Craig Dunn at the paper? If so, I'm sure you'll do a great job! I read your preview last night. It reminded me of Craig the way it mentioned many quotes from the coach and in-depth detail of each position. Great job!
I am working on a part time basis. Mainly doing football and trying to do some other things for fall sports as time allows.

Return to “Football”