August 18, 2023 Vinton County 20 - 21 Unioto

Dundas
SEOPS

August 18, 2023 Vinton County 20 - 21 Unioto

Post by Dundas »

Vikings vs Tanks has been a pretty good match up the last few years. It’s been a defensive battle the last two seasons. Does it continue this year or do we see some fireworks from the offensive side of the football?

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Re: Week 1: Unioto @ Vinton County

Post by Sensible Steve »

Another quality week 1 matchup. Vinton has been on the rise lately and seem ready to take the next step. Vikings take care of business at home. Vinton County 17 Unioto 7.

VC Buck Killer
Waterboy

Post by VC Buck Killer »

Vikings offense is too much for the tanks. I thought they looked good against coal grove. Need to continue to work and get better every week.

Is Brown going to be available for this game?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to the Vikings from Raider Country!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

IMO it comes down to can the Tanks stop the running machine that V.C. can be and not get caught with 8 or 9 in the box and then get burnt by the pass.

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Physicality is the key in this game. I believe the Vikings still have a bad taste in their mouth from last year and the Tanks graduated their monsters.

Vinton County- 28
Unioto-14

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Got T- VC

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

VC probably edges it out. Unioto should have a solid defense and decent line. Don’t have any proven playmakers yet

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Lot like last year, vc come in heavy favorites in this one hope the tanks can slow them down enough to have a chance at the end.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

I am going with Unioto I was say just about every Unioto would be the favorite. Vinton is tough and scrappy, but the talent pool and probably is a little deeper at Unioto . They played solid in a scrimmage with Miami Trace, and Im not sure Vinton could play with them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:01 am Lot like last year, vc come in heavy favorites in this one hope the tanks can slow them down enough to have a chance at the end.
Did they come in as heavy favorites though?? Wasn't that their coaches 1st year and Unioto had like 20 seniors I don't believe anyone truly believed or even said VC was a heavy favorite last year. Given the 2 previous meetings the scores were 12-7 and 14-13 really no grounds to believe that. I do think VC comes in as the favorites this year, I won't say heavy though believe I've seen some things where Unioto might be hurting with injuries to some skilled guys. VC is looking very strong up front and will probably be chasing Hoops around all night long, going to be a big test for the Tanks OL. So far from the VC scrimmages I've heard they're playing with a lot of physicality. I still don't know that I see either team putting a beat down on the other but I will take VC 21-7.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:01 am Lot like last year, vc come in heavy favorites in this one hope the tanks can slow them down enough to have a chance at the end.
Did they come in as heavy favorites though?? Wasn't that their coaches 1st year and Unioto had like 20 seniors I don't believe anyone truly believed or even said VC was a heavy favorite last year. Given the 2 previous meetings the scores were 12-7 and 14-13 really no grounds to believe that. I do think VC comes in as the favorites this year, I won't say heavy though believe I've seen some things where Unioto might be hurting with injuries to some skilled guys. VC is looking very strong up front and will probably be chasing Hoops around all night long, going to be a big test for the Tanks OL. So far from the VC scrimmages I've heard they're playing with a lot of physicality. I still don't know that I see either team putting a beat down on the other but I will take VC 21-7.
Last year ppl had vc ranked in the top ten in the area and we weren’t on anyone’s radar. We were picked to be a mid tier Svc school not even to compete. Kind of the same this year they are looking better than ever and we have lot of unknown players just like last year. No one thought we would be any good till we beat waverly.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:29 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm
Last year ppl had vc ranked in the top ten in the area and we weren’t on anyone’s radar. We were picked to be a mid tier Svc school not even to compete. Kind of the same this year they are looking better than ever and we have lot of unknown players just like last year. No one thought we would be any good till we beat waverly.
I do remember those preseason rankings someone tossed out there, just don't believe anyone had them as heavy favorites. Doesn't really matter at this point I do think VC is headed in the right direction for sure going to be a major test for Unioto to start the season. I just don't know what VC has on the backend of things I've heard up front they're tough.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

I think Unioto is going to be solid up front this year. Big test for the line early but I think they’ll hold their own

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc wins 28 to 8- Vc has a lot to prove this year!!! Z Could go 10 - or 9-1. Very strong this year!!! Wait and see.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Agree VC wins by 14

The County Resident
Riding the Bench

Post by The County Resident »

Coach Carper is finally letting those boys sling that pigskin around the field and that’ll be the difference in this VC team compared to his first two VC teams. VC knows themselves this year offensively in week one. They didn’t the last two years.

Unioto dared VC to pass it last year cause they knew they wouldn’t. Can’t do that this year. Should be another great game. Good luck to both teams. Praying everybody stays healthy.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

VC Rolls!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Unioto leads the all time series 14-5.
Vinton County’s wins came in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013, and 2021.
Interesting matchup. If VC can win the Turnover battle, control the line of scrimmage, and limit Unioto’s athletic ability in the open field, I can see VC winning this one.

Return to “Football”