August 18, 2023 Vinton County 20 - 21 Unioto

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Re: Week 1: Unioto @ Vinton County

Post by IRONMENFAN »

The real question is when will the “u“win a gold ball? Their league is all division 5 and 6 schools and they haven’t won the league title outright since the early 90’s. How does it feel to be the big fish (Division 4 sometimes 3)in a little pond and still get handled by bluegills?

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

IRONMENFAN wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:20 pm The real question is when will the “u“win a gold ball? Their league is all division 5 and 6 schools and they haven’t won the league title outright since the early 90’s. How does it feel to be the big fish (Division 4 sometimes 3)in a little pond and still get handled by bluegills?
Ask Athens.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

At least Athens has won their league in the last decade.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Binary wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:22 pm
IRONMENFAN wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:20 pm The real question is when will the “u“win a gold ball? Their league is all division 5 and 6 schools and they haven’t won the league title outright since the early 90’s. How does it feel to be the big fish (Division 4 sometimes 3)in a little pond and still get handled by bluegills?
Ask Athens.
Or vinton county

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Or waverly

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:27 pm
Ask Athens.
Or vinton county
Unioto just isn’t a football school. If you look at Drew Pasteurs site, last year was our best season in 20+ years and we didn’t win the league, even thought we definitely should of. We have a bunch of athletes who just play one sport when most schools best athletes play 3

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:27 pm
Ask Athens.
Or vinton county
Cmon, don’t throw shade on us because a jackson poster is trashing Unioto. I hope VC and Unioto both win their conferences this year regardless of tomorrows outcome.

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

VC and Unioto are starting to expirience success they haven't seen in some time. With that being said, I'll take VC by one or two scores. Won't be a blowout, but I think VC has the upper hand this time around with Unioto trying to find their identity for a couple weeks for to losing that many seniors.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Unioto 21
VC 20

Both teams were pretty sloppy, Unioto got stops in the end.
Vintons 10-0 season ends in week 1

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:38 pm Unioto 21
VC 20

9-1 starts tomorrow. Great game. Great crowd. Hopefully Unioto can snatch the SVC this year and the Vikings can end their drought in the TVC. Good luck to the tanks.

This game has been a pretty good season starter the last few years. Sloppy? Yes. Exciting? No doubt.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Dundas wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:19 pm
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:38 pm Unioto 21
VC 20

9-1 starts tomorrow. Great game. Great crowd. Hopefully Unioto can snatch the SVC this year and the Vikings can end their drought in the TVC. Good luck to the tanks.

This game has been a pretty good season starter the last few years. Sloppy? Yes. Exciting? No doubt.
Yeah I feel like it comes down to the wire no matter what. Teams seemed pretty even

GH0$T
Waterboy

Post by GH0$T »

Pretty evenly matched teams in terms of skill set imo, although teams are trying to find their identity and figure out what’s going to work for them. Both teams were getting stops pretty consistently, giving up minimal yardage but both gave up big scoring plays. In regards to VC’s offensive identity, l think the QB will get better as the season goes on and for the most part l like the spread sets with their personnel but I think it would be beneficial to have a few more under center/l-sets when they’re feeding Brown the rock. Looks like he’s going to be their workhorse most nights and l think his style is more north/south running and being able to be full speed at the line of scrimmage would be more efficient as opposed to getting the ball out of the gun and having to make cuts in the backfield. Just my worthless opinion. I’m glad football season is underway and wish all the local teams successful and healthy seasons!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vc played poorly- Coach cost them right before the half- had ball- all he had to do is run clock out(gets the ball start of 2nd half with lead)-Nope has to try to do something (gets greedy) turns ball over-- leads to Unioto score- game just turn around at that point. Way to many missed tackles/blocks. I was hoping for a better season - might go 5 and 5 or 6-4. Weak league to be in.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I
Congrats to Unioto on the win and proving wrong.
Good luck to both teams next week.

Amock0905
Freshman Team

Post by Amock0905 »

vcgrad wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:15 am Vc played poorly- Coach cost them right before the half- had ball- all he had to do is run clock out(gets the ball start of 2nd half with lead)-Nope has to try to do something (gets greedy) turns ball over-- leads to Unioto score- game just turn around at that point. Way to many missed tackles/blocks. I was hoping for a better season - might go 5 and 5 or 6-4. Weak league to be in.
You are such a fair weather fan! Love to talk them up all off-season but dig them after a loss! Get out of here with that! Support them no matter what! It’s week one a lot of teams are going to be sloppy! Nelsonville-York is said to have the best team since ‘17 but I don’t see any of their fans saying oh well might as well chock it up to a 6-4 season! Either support them or shut up!

The 24 year drought is over! 🏈🏆
Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

VC shitt the bed yet again after a plethora of preseason hype. I guess Hawkeyepierce was right per usual. This coach is a great self promoter but just can’t seem to deliver. Bring back Jackie O. Please?

Union Local Kid
Riding the Bench

Post by Union Local Kid »

Snowflake wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:47 pm VC shitt the bed yet again after a plethora of preseason hype. I guess Hawkeyepierce was right per usual. This coach is a great self promoter but just can’t seem to deliver. Bring back Jackie O. Please?
They'll be fine, calm down. Emotion is a powerful thing and if it isn't utilized and controlled properly, then it can work against you. After that odd play on the first drive in the second half that led to Unioto sealing the deal, that took VC out of the game mentally. They'll figure it out. Congrats to Unioto on proving a lot of us wrong again.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Last thing I’ll say for this years game vc was a better team than last year. They were physical up front and that big back was a beast. I feel like we have came out on top in a lot of close games vs them because of coaching and special teams but the current staff has made the team better every year. I look for them to have a good season this year, teams than can run right at you tend to win games in high school football

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:17 pm Last thing I’ll say for this years game vc was a better team than last year. They were physical up front and that big back was a beast. I feel like we have came out on top in a lot of close games vs them because of coaching and special teams but the current staff has made the team better every year. I look for them to have a good season this year, teams than can run right at you tend to win games in high school football
Biggest takeaway on what you said was close games. This series has been very competitive. I hope it continues for years to come. Great crowd by Unioto. VC always fills the bleachers at Tanks stadium. This is a great matchup that should always be on the schedule. Go win the SVC. We’ll try our best at the TVC.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

I think VC wins that game if they don’t get too aggressive before half and then Unioto got the pick and scored the next play. Changed the whole game.

Return to “Football”