All Conference

August 18, 2023 Warren 60 - 0 Belpre

Post by beg003 »

Thoughts?

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Re: WK 1: Belpre @ Warren

Post by Sensible Steve »

Hope Belpre can get going in the right direction. However not ready to beat the Warriors. Warren 28 Belpre 12.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Belpre should be much improved this year now that they have a real coach. Rooting for them to turn things around. Warren still wins this one BIG.

UncleRico05
Waterboy

Post by UncleRico05 »

This game could be closer than some might believe. Warren has talent but Belpre does as well. Was it coaching at Belpre that held that talent back? Guess we’ll see Friday. Wish both teams well and to have successful seasons.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

Warren wins this contest, but I think belpre will hang around longer than most expect.

Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

I believe Warren is going stop the run game very well this game. I also believe they are going to have a good QB game. Which is going to surprise a lot of people. Warren lost a few players but I think the only ones that can stop them is themselves. I also believe Belpre is going to get better as the season goes and I wish both teams a safe season.
Last edited by Fballislife on Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Belpre will be better prepared and improved this year vs the past 2 seasons. However, at this point in time Warren still has a leg up on Belpre and should be favored to win.

Still, I will be hoping that Belpre can pull off the upset.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

BJCassady wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:05 pm Belpre will be better prepared and improved this year vs the past 2 seasons. However, at this point in time Warren still has a leg up on Belpre and should be favored to win.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
When’s the last time you even had a speck of hope that Belpre could win? Heck I remember last year you were hoping they could score a touchdown. So they already better.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
BJCassady
Freshman Team

Post by BJCassady »

Old Shorts wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:12 pm
BJCassady wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:05 pm Belpre will be better prepared and improved this year vs the past 2 seasons. However, at this point in time Warren still has a leg up on Belpre and should be favored to win.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!
When’s the last time you even had a speck of hope that Belpre could win? Heck I remember last year you were hoping they could score a touchdown. So they already better.
Last time I had hope for a win? Going into last years Warren game but that was completely dashed for the entire season when we had a chance to score on a first and goal with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter on a running clock and timeouts left and our coaching staff didn't even try to get the ball into the endzone. They didn't even use a timeout. Head coach just stood in the bench area at our other 30 yard line and our asst coaches didn't have the guts to call a timeout if the HC wouldn't. That's when I knew we weren't going to win and it would be very hard to even score. Who would have guessed it would have been on a FG in game 6 that we got our first points.

As I said, last year's results were not on the boys because they played their hearts out all season, but it was on the HC and his staff.

Time to turn the page...the future is now.

As always...

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

*closer than the experts think*

The fact that people are saying this will even be a game says a lot after the last few seasons. Kevin Welsh is changing the culture at Belpre.

Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 pm *closer than the experts think*

The fact that people are saying this will even be a game says a lot after the last few seasons. Kevin Welsh is changing the culture at Belpre.
That’s great to hear. Warren has a coach that has changed the culture here also. The Warren program as I can see will only benefit and grow if we can let coach Peyton run his program the way he wants to. I hope that the culture change at Belpre is beneficial for them as well. Would love to see both programs rise and shine.

Fballislife
Waterboy

Post by Fballislife »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:46 pm *closer than the experts think*

Last edited by Fballislife on Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

good luck to coach Welsh and the Golden Eagles for a better season than a year ago.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Kevin Welsh has coached nearly every team in the region at one point hasn't he?
  • Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

swamisez wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:33 am Kevin Welsh has coached nearly every team in the region at one point hasn't he?
  • Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?
Also coached River

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:53 am
swamisez wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:33 am Kevin Welsh has coached nearly every team in the region at one point hasn't he?
  • Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?
Also coached River
And has a losing record as a head coach. Having a lot of experience doesn’t automatically make a good coach.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

• Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?
He coached Frontier in the late 80s.

Notsofastmyfriend
Freshman Team

Post by Notsofastmyfriend »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:03 am
  • Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?
Also coached River
And has a losing record as a head coach. Having a lot of experience doesn’t automatically make a good coach.
In his defense you need players to win not just coaching experience. Barry Switzer wasn’t a good pro coach but he won a Super Bowl with great players.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

I don’t think Welsh is greatest coach to walk the earth but I think he possesses the right mindset and attitude to be successful with the Eagles. Half the battle with building a program is hiring a coach and a staff that the kids enjoy being around..He has a lot experience and good experiences with with some of those schools. Whether you respect him or not I’ve heard a lot of good things coming from the program so good for him and the Eagles.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

eagle25 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:03 am
  • Eastern
    Morgan
    Warren
    Belpre
    Asst. at Fort Frye
    Shenandoah?
    Frontier?
Also coached River
You are right, he is at least a real football coach with an understanding of how to teach the game, unlike the cartoon character they had coaching the team the last two years. The players will actually be taught fundamentals and a real scheme. Belpre was as bad of a HSFB team as I have ever seen last year. They will be better.

Return to “Football”