August 26, 2023 Ironton 35 - 14 Jackson

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Re: JACKSON AT IRONTON

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

14U wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:50 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:47 am
14U wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 pm People always talking transfers but up north been doing it for years!! Around here last 10 years axcept 2 schools u know who they are! So what hell jackson how many divisions bigger than burg 2? I believe equal it up!! I myself like kids going where they’re comfortable or can play and if it makes a team unbeatable oh well root for then at the state!! Like I said if a D-VII school plays half D-II thru D-V schools with most players going D-I colleges what’s that tell ya?
Normal part of modern day sports at EVERY level. Some of these seops posters are mentally stunted & stuck in a rerun episode of the andy griffith show BUT i have bad news for them.

Most of seo has around a 2% annual population decrease AND their average demographic is mid 40s and male. Which means TRANSFERS is what will suppliment and keep marquee SEO programs like Ironton & Burg competitive in the future. Without the transers, over time, these marquee seo programs will eventually become the now vanished Ironton St Joe football program.

So its here to stay. It will increase as population decreases. And its never going away. Get use to it.
I am used to it and like it like I said. I was just talking about those who don’t. If you lived in Lawrence county where would u want to play? Same goes for scioto. That’s why those teams up north are good. Been doing this for years, just find the loop hole.most around here gripping because they lost that stud player or playing against that team. I like it because that kid or player might not get a college looking at him because he plays on crap team etc!!
Here is a great example. A kid Ty’Drez Clements who played at MT View wv transfered to border Virginia power Graham va and now he is the reigning Va player of the year and has tons of eyes on him. Its just how the process works. Same reason big recruits go to bama and ohio state and not boston college. You are correct

If a kids option is Ironton or burg or Coal Grove or Rock Hill - the choice will be Ironton or Burg 99% of the time.

That "hometown loyalty" nonsense is a relic. Borders dont exist. All these kids interact via social media etc. They go where the "bag" is. 💯 Full Stop.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Is this game.on schedule?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Wrong 😔. Go Jackson ;)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:34 pm
14U wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:50 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:47 am

Normal part of modern day sports at EVERY level. Some of these seops posters are mentally stunted & stuck in a rerun episode of the andy griffith show BUT i have bad news for them.

Most of seo has around a 2% annual population decrease AND their average demographic is mid 40s and male. Which means TRANSFERS is what will suppliment and keep marquee SEO programs like Ironton & Burg competitive in the future. Without the transers, over time, these marquee seo programs will eventually become the now vanished Ironton St Joe football program.

So its here to stay. It will increase as population decreases. And its never going away. Get use to it.
I am used to it and like it like I said. I was just talking about those who don’t. If you lived in Lawrence county where would u want to play? Same goes for scioto. That’s why those teams up north are good. Been doing this for years, just find the loop hole.most around here gripping because they lost that stud player or playing against that team. I like it because that kid or player might not get a college looking at him because he plays on crap team etc!!
Here is a great example. A kid Ty’Drez Clements who played at MT View wv transfered to border Virginia power Graham va and now he is the reigning Va player of the year and has tons of eyes on him. Its just how the process works. Same reason big recruits go to bama and ohio state and not boston college. You are correct

If a kids option is Ironton or burg or Coal Grove or Rock Hill - the choice will be Ironton or Burg 99% of the time.

That "hometown loyalty" nonsense is a relic. Borders dont exist. All these kids interact via social media etc. They go where the "bag" is. 💯 Full Stop.
Small schools in Ohio, this is not common. Doesn’t happen at Kirtland, Coldwater, or Marion Local. With regards to small public schools in Ohio, Ironton is in a class by themselves with regards to high school transfers.

What about the big schools? Even most D1 public schools in Ohio don’t get high school transfers like Ironton. In Cincy, only the catholic schools get high school transfers like that.

And how do the public schools in Cincy feel about it? They’re pissed, hence why the big GCL schools struggle to find local teams to play them.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Nice opening drive by the Tigers until a holding call. Most likely took 7 off the board

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Anybody else having issues with the stream? Choppy video and the audio delayed? Is it always like this?

Buckeyes48
Waterboy

Post by Buckeyes48 »

Stream is lagging bad

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

TrueFan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm Anybody else having issues with the stream? Choppy video and the audio delayed? Is it always like this?
Same problem. Buffering the whole time.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Buckeyes48 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:47 pm Stream is lagging bad
It SUCKS!!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironton scores on a bomb

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

TrueFan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm Anybody else having issues with the stream? Choppy video and the audio delayed? Is it always like this?
It was awesome last week

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Ironton 7-0

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Small schools in Ohio, this is not common. Doesn’t happen at Kirtland, Coldwater, or Marion Local. With regards to small public schools in Ohio, Ironton is in a class by themselves with regards to high school transfers.

What about the big schools? Even most D1 public schools in Ohio don’t get high school transfers like Ironton. In Cincy, only the catholic schools get high school transfers like that.

And how do the public schools in Cincy feel about it? They’re pissed, hence why the big GCL schools struggle to find local teams to play them.
They know the drill. Many of Ironton fans used to whine daily on this site about the catholic schools recruiting and all the other nonsense. They only stopped when they started getting multiple transfers per year. Some wanna be antagonists instead of having a genuine conversation.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Nice drive by Jackson....Td

Tied 7-7

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Pittman and Terry are very fast. Are they both transfers?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Hart or heart from Ironton is a beast

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Td Tiger 23yd pass

IRONTON 14-7

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

That #22 for Ironton is a beast.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Ironton's QB throwing dimes

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I'm watching the game on Mytowntv.com. Very good sound and picture and announcers

Return to “Football”