August 26, 2023 Valley 6 - 52 Coal Grove

RollCoal
JV Team

August 26, 2023 Valley 6 - 52 Coal Grove

Post by RollCoal »

What’s everyone’s opinion on this game?

Coal Grove comes in with a hard fought win against Greenup County KY. Valley off a loss against a tough Portsmouth squad. Coal Grove will probably do their thing and pound it out on the ground. Valley looked balanced on offense. This series has went back and forth over the years.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 2 Coal Grove at Lucasville Valley

Post by Dan-The-Man »

It sounds like Coal Grove is pretty good again this season. Valley struggled to stop the run with their lack of size and depth up front. I’m sure Coal Grove will run in on Valley but I like what I see from the Valley offense. The Hornets probably win this by 3 or 4 scores but I think Valley is looking for their young guys to just keep improving.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Cgrove 42
Valley 12

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

CG big. Valley is going through a slump but I don't think it's too long before they are very competitive once their freshman and sophomores get some experience under their belts

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Coach Grove. Valley struggled big time to stop the run against Portsmouth and I think it will continue friday night. Valley is not there physically YET. They will get there but will take their lumps.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Valley needs to come out and play hard and continue to grow. Not sure what to expect from CG. Are they smash mouth running type team like last year?

Also, does anyone know if Valley QB can make plays with his feet? This is the first I've seen him play. Looks to have a good arm, but was very one dimensional during portsmouth. Seemed like at Portsmouth he didn't want to take off and run with the ball. I don't remember 1 time that he tried to rush the ball on design or even when scrambling. McNeal is a beast and one of the best backs in the area, but they can't keep using him like they are. Seemed as though 90% of the time the play was designed for him. He's only a sophomore and the wear and tear on his body will be huge going forward if that continues. They have to find another playmaker and it would be nice to see QB run some. I'm always a fan of a dual threat QB and believe that in this area, in my opinion, you have to have one to be successful.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

Game has been moved to Satuday @ 1. Don't understand the time choice but I'm not paid to make the decisions.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think it was a combination of things. No ref crew for Friday night. Some players also play soccer and have a game Saturday night. So 1:00 must have been the only time to get a crew and make it work? I don’t know.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Is it really going to be cooler in the 1pm sun on Saturday as opposed to pushing it back an hour or so on Friday night? This seems dumb to me.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Valley will open up the Offense and score, but their D line can’t hold CG! Good game first half CG ups up 21 more in the second. Last thing, look for Valley to get much better as the year goes on!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Valley will open up the Offense and score, but their D line can’t hold CG! Good game first half CG ups up 21 more in the second. Last thing, look for Valley to get much better as the year goes on!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

The game wasn’t moved because of the heat. There are no refs for Friday night. The crew they were going to have is no longer working together, then couldn’t find fill in refs because they all had games already. It’s not supposed to be as hot Saturday. Original plan was 11am. No one wants to play that early. So with a soccer game already scheduled for Saturday evening, Saturday afternoon was the time to play.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley takes the opening kickoff for a TD

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley struggling with the size of coal grove they just marched it down to take the lead 8-6

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Is there a stream for this game?

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

When will the Grove learn to tackle? Here I will help, it's called wrap and take down, not hit them and bounce off of them.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valleys dline is just getting manhandled and the linebackers are not getting to the outside quick enough cg 14 v 6

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley sends a snap over the qbs head cg recovered then took the first play untouched for a td 22-6 this is about to get ugly

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

End of the first cg 22 V 6 if valley wants to stay in this game they have to pass the ball they are not going to be able to run against cg their size is just to much I’m highly impressed by their linebackers they fly to the ball

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Cg 30 V 6

Return to “Football”