September 1, 2023 Jackson 28 - 20 Wheelersburg

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 21
Jackson 17

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Week 3 burg at jackson

Post by Bleeding Red »

Both teams play very good defense but I think Jackson has a slight advantage playing at home and also seems to have a little more identity on offense. Should be a hard fought game either way.

Burg 17
Jackson 24

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Ironton fan here. Really liked The young quarterback for Jackson. Kid is going to be really good. Those passes off of fingertips will become completions soon. Jackson and Burg should be a great game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Pick em game. Nothing would surprise me in this one. Both teams will play hard and play with pride. Always enjoy when Burg comes to town. Good fans good program.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:47 am Pick em game. Nothing would surprise me in this one. Both teams will play hard and play with pride. Always enjoy when Burg comes to town. Good fans good program.
Agree.

No idea what to expect from Burg. Against McNich, they had over 400 yards of offense (held McNich to 150) yet still almost lost.

Six turnovers (seven if you count the botched punt) in two games hasn’t helped the cause.

Expect a close, hard-fought game, but outside of that, I have no clue how this will turn out.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:02 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:47 am Pick em game. Nothing would surprise me in this one. Both teams will play hard and play with pride. Always enjoy when Burg comes to town. Good fans good program.
Agree.

No idea what to expect from Burg. Against McNich, they had over 400 yards of offense (held McNich to 150) yet still almost lost.

Six turnovers (seven if you count the botched punt) in two games hasn’t helped the cause.

Expect a close, hard-fought game, but outside of that, I have no clue how this will turn out.
These early matchups are fun and for bragging rights. The way high school playoffs are set up now , teams just need to come out of them healthy and get better. The second half of the season with league and playoffs is what really matters.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Jackson looked good at Ironton. Definitely better than Burg has either of the first two weeks.

Jackson knows what they want to do with the ball Wheelersburg is still trying to fig it out.

I think Jackson takes this game 21-10

I see the RB from Jackson having a huge game.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Last game rare miscues from Burg special teams. Have typically been the best in the area definitely don’t want that to be a thorn in your side later in the season

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:18 pm Jackson looked good at Ironton. Definitely better than Burg has either of the first two weeks.

Jackson knows what they want to do with the ball Wheelersburg is still trying to fig it out.

Wheelersburg lost to Ironton 20-17. How does losing to a team by 3 points look worse than losing by 21 points? Wheelersburg has definitely not played well at all but they still only lost by 3. Jackson played pretty well and lost by 21.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:06 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:18 pm Jackson looked good at Ironton. Definitely better than Burg has either of the first two weeks.

Wheelersburg lost to Ironton 20-17. How does losing to a team by 3 points look worse than losing by 21 points? Wheelersburg has definitely not played well at all but they still only lost by 3. Jackson played pretty well and lost by 21.
Agree 💯 , this is Burgs game. Jackson needs to try and compete.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:24 pm

I'm not saying that to be a smart ass or disrespect Jackson I was just asking a question. I think this has the potential to be a very good game. If burg doesn't get some things together they can and probably will lose. Jackson is a very strong program and has been for some time. Don't take what I say wrong I am a burg fan but I want any small unrecognized unappreciated school from Southern Ohio to do well especially if there not playing burg 😀

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:29 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:24 pm
I'm not saying that to be a smart ass or disrespect Jackson I was just asking a question. I think this has the potential to be a very good game. If burg doesn't get some things together they can and probably will lose. Jackson is a very strong program and has been for some time. Don't take what I say wrong I am a burg fan but I want any small unrecognized unappreciated school from Southern Ohio to do well especially if there not playing burg 😀
No I agree , Burg held up better again Ironton than Jackson.

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Watching the game last night, I liked #28 in the backfield for Jackson. He seemed quick and down hill runner. He didn’t care to hit the hole, and in no time was at the second level. I don’t know a thing about them, just went to get out of the house.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

If Hall only uses #8 and 2-3 plays they will lose. I dont know who #28 is but i would be getting him the ball more. I just dont have much faith in Halls coaching with the talent he has had.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Gonna be a close one. Game of the Week, can't wait to watch these two square off. Gun to my head I'd take Jackson given the home field advantage. They kept it close vs Ironton last week until late late.

Burg was able to get a few chunk plays in last week vs McNich, which they were unable to Week 1. Rucker still looks a tad unsettled back there, but as I've said before that's to be expected with a soph QB. Warren and Lattimore are gonna be the playmakers in this offense and they both had huge plays in crucial spots. We talked about perimeter blocking being a concern vs Ironton, that looked better this week. I noticed McGraw got more reps this week in those situations, he was great as a Freshman last year on the perimeter shadow blocking -- I assume week 1 the upper classmen were given the opportunity for that role but I think we'll see more of McGraw as the year goes on.

Defense has looked stout in both games. DLine has been great both when they've go small and big. Willoughby & Risner had a much better games this week on the DLine than week 1. Salyers and Darling have a great nose for the ball, Darling had slide tackle in the first half that was unbelievable dodging a blocker. But as good as those units looked I've been most impressed with the secondary. Easily the most difficult position to play in HS on that side of the ball imo. Staying with athletes like McNich had across the entire field is difficult - not to mention the QB was FAST FAST. Secondary has been disciplined in their coverages both games, tackled exceptionally well and been lights out in passing situations/3rd & long.

Special Teams killed us last week with a muffed punt and bad snap (kick it out the back the endzone Conner!! lol). over 400 yards of offense and held a VERY athletic McNich team to under 150 total yards was impressive, and it was still a close game :|

I'll never count Burg out of a game, but 0-3 including playoffs at Jackson is a recent trend I hope can end.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jackson's strength is running the ball and by seasons end we're probably going to see that Wheelersburg has one of if not the best defenses against the run. Jackson's QB is young and isn't ready to carry the team against this kind of defense. Jackson plays tough defense and they should be able to keep it close but I look for Burg to take this one by 10.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Burg takes this one. I know this is a much different matchup for each team but after watching Jackson and Burg both play Ironton I feel like Burg is the more well rounded team. They definitely have the better defense, and seem to have the advantage offensively as well other than maybe the run game. I don't think Burg quite as the speed I saw Ironton come out with on Saturday so this one should be a little closer than Jacksons loss to Ironton.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Burgs defense is better
Burg has more speed
Speed beats jackson

Pirates win

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

One caveat. Irontons own errors vs burg kept that game from busting open imo. I still think Burg edges Jackson here.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:08 am

One caveat. Irontons own errors vs burg kept that game from busting open imo. I still think Burg edges Jackson here.
Burg's three interceptions, two being in the red zone, and remove those two and burg may win. Burg had plenty of their own errors. Not too mention a sophomore starting on the road.

Return to “Football”