Waterboy

Re: WK4 Chillicothe - Harvest Prep

Post by MatthewG1 »

Harvest Prep by 30 or more

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm telling you what I'm not sure who's bright idea it was for Chillicothe's schedule to take on these first 4 opponents but DANG, someone is looking a little foolish. Chillicothe starts out 0-4. I think they probably really need to evaluate where they are as a program with their non-conference schedule.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

With the exception of the small D-5 school (Harvest Prep), none of the other teams have been very good lately. Maybe, just bad luck that each of those teams is having a good season.

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
London 7-3 (I give you they are on an upswing.) 8-2 in 2021
Westerville North 3-7 last year
Prep though D-5 is a private school and I know how many on here think they have a zillion advantages.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:51 pm With the exception of the small D-5 school (Harvest Prep), none of the other teams have been very good lately. Maybe, just bad luck that each of those teams is having a good season.

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
Prep though D-5 is a private school and I know how many on here think they have a zillion advantages.
That's all part of scheduling when you're a AD, you don't just say ok they went 3-7 last year. You look at the roster they went 3-7 but return everyone or whatever the case might especially when looking at a D1 school who one of their 3 wins last year was against Chillicothe. Just everything that should be taken into consideration now some of these were already being played with the exception of St. Charles and HP.

go court house
Freshman Team

Post by go court house »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:00 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:51 pm With the exception of the small D-5 school (Harvest Prep), none of the other teams have been very good lately. Maybe, just bad luck that each of those teams is having a good season.

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
That's all part of scheduling when you're a AD, you don't just say ok they went 3-7 last year. You look at the roster they went 3-7 but return everyone or whatever the case might especially when looking at a D1 school who one of their 3 wins last year was against Chillicothe. Just everything that should be taken into consideration now some of these were already being played with the exception of St. Charles and HP.
Sometimes you just have to take what you can get when you are an AD. It is tough scheduling 5 non league games each year. The FAC really needs to expand to 8 schools. Will help make scheduling games much easier. Looking at the schedules this year most FAC schools play a pretty tough non league schedule.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

go court house wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:15 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:00 pm

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
Sometimes you just have to take what you can get when you are an AD. It is tough scheduling 5 non league games each year. The FAC really needs to expand to 8 schools. Will help make scheduling games much easier. Looking at the schedules this year most FAC schools play a pretty tough non league schedule.
They've tried to expand but up to this point they've been unable to. The drives for some teams let's just face it sucks next FAC is made up of most teams that sit in DIII and Miami Trace I believe is one that is borderline DII, finding teams that fit into this mold around here is very tough without adding even more drive time to the conference. Finding non-conference games at the beginning of the year really isn't that difficult as even a big conference like SVC doesn't start conference play until week 3. Where it becomes really tough is finding 1 after week 4-5 range. I think with the expanded playoffs you're seeing more teams play a bit more difficult non-conference schedule.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prep by quite a few

CoachRock06
Waterboy

Post by CoachRock06 »

Prep wins 42 to 21.

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

Good for CHS playing a difficult schedule, I think they knew they we’re probably a year away from being pretty good. They will be fine once FAC plays rolls around. Jackson is usually a toss up, McClain and Hillsboro are just not good teams, and MT/WCH are teams they should beat.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
London has won 6 playoff games over the past 6 seasons and are 53-17 in that time frame. Not very good lately.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:23 pm

2022 records
St. Charles 4-6
London has won 6 playoff games over the past 6 seasons and are 53-17 in that time frame. Not very good lately.
London’s body of work in Region 11 is generally respectable; they just can’t get over the hump in a region where so few schools are similar to them.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

I would have to think Coach Bart and Knute Bonner as the AD work together on this schedule and want to make sure they challenge the kids but also put them in a position to be playing week 11

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

32/00 HP

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 8, 2023 Chillicothe 7 - 40 Harvest Prep

Post by mattash »

September 8, 2023 Chillicothe 7 - 40 Harvest Prep

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"