Notre Dame Titans 2023

Underb@@b01!
Waterboy

Re: Nd bout to go ud (undefeated)

Post by Underb@@b01! »

I do not think so. Mark it down. Nd will win conference with the closest league game bring 17 points vs eastern. Lost a senior. Not like he was gonna be there next year. I’d say nd is about to return to glory days and SOC titles will start coming.

Goatreturns wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:50 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:38 pm Coach Ashley would have the same record as Davis. ND would run the ball well last night but would get pass happy then lose yards. Also, the same people that were on the line last year are on the line this year. Only thing is Cody was possibly a TE this season. ND has got to get Cassidy the ball more. Going deep majority of the time isn’t going to work.
Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:32 am [quote=Goatreturns post_id=2077027 time=<a href="tel:1694266760">1694266760</a> user_id=20418]
[quote=Lovehoops1 post_id=2076970 time=<a href="tel:1694241167">1694241167</a> user_id=15853]
[quote=BillyBob21 post_id=2076966 time=<a href="tel:1694239501">1694239501</a> user_id=18380]

He quit
Really
Why? That seems crazy. Coach 1st year loosing arguably his best player is not a good thing.
That usually happens when the new coach puts you in the correct position, and not the one your relative wanted you in.
[/quote]

Also happens when you recognize the situation for what it is and wish the old coach was still there. This doesnt bode well for the rest of the season. May be the tip of an iceberg that bunch fo "fans" and boosters created.
[/quote]
Underb@@b01! wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:45 pm Who cares? We will win the conference easily. Who is going to beat us? East? Green? They other games are just tune ups for playoffs. We will win the conference without question.

Goatreturns wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:28 pm

Probably right about the people who are use to being pampered, but he is winning with players in the right spots. That school is so like a public school now. Donors will not matter as much.
Nobody misses Ashley except the people that benefited from him being there which were only a few. Everyone else wanted Ashley gone.
[/quote]

Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

Hoopster98 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:38 pm Coach Ashley would have the same record as Davis. ND would run the ball well last night but would get pass happy then lose yards. Also, the same people that were on the line last year are on the line this year. Only thing is Cody was possibly a TE this season. ND has got to get Cassidy the ball more. Going deep majority of the time isn’t going to work.
He would not have the same record. Manchester would not schedule ND because of Ashley.

Ronnie Raygun
Waterboy

Post by Ronnie Raygun »

Bob Ashley was a good coach. People who really know football know this. Had Ashley been back, and the players who quit or left had returned, I feel ND would have had a real shot at 10-0. Now I see 7-3 at best.

Ronnie Raygun
Waterboy

Post by Ronnie Raygun »

I'd like to see how a coach like Ashley would do at a school where the parents valued winning over getting their way. Jackson and Piketon have always seemed to be schools like that.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Well ND would of scheduled another easier team so yes Ashley would of had the same record. Anyway the coach ashley drama is over, new coach so let's see if he can make a run.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:48 pm Well ND would of scheduled another easier team so yes Ashley would of had the same record. Anyway the coach ashley drama is over, new coach so let's see if he can make a run.
When you get curb stomped by Reedsville you’re probably not gonna make much of a run. But whatever.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

I'm surprised to see ND play Williamsburg, Williamsburg is 4-0 coming off a big win against Hillsboro. They are definitely a solid team, this would be huge for ND if they pull off the win but I really don't see this game being within 2-3 touchdowns.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Calvin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:23 pm
Hoopster98 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:48 pm Well ND would of scheduled another easier team so yes Ashley would of had the same record. Anyway the coach ashley drama is over, new coach so let's see if he can make a run.
When you get curb stomped by Reedsville you’re probably not gonna make much of a run. But whatever.
Curbed stomped?? 14-12 at half. 35-26 early fourth.. how many kids from Eastern that started but couldn’t finish the game? Plenary of people from Eastern including the coach don’t really want to face ND again in the playoffs cause I heard with my own ears.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Ronnie Raygun wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:24 pm I'd like to see how a coach like Ashley would do at a school where the parents valued winning over getting their way. Jackson and Piketon have always seemed to be schools like that.
He coach at Minford a while back before returning to ND, how did that turn out??

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

BillyBob21 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:11 pm
Calvin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:23 pm
Curbed stomped?? 14-12 at half. 35-26 early fourth.. how many kids from Eastern that started but couldn’t finish the game? Plenary of people from Eastern including the coach don’t really want to face ND again in the playoffs cause I heard with my own ears.
Now that’s Funny right there. We get you in the playoffs we’ll bareass you even worse. You won’t have your special refs to help you out. But I do hope you go 9-1. Bunch a playoff points for us if ya do.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

Ronnie Raygun wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:24 pm I'd like to see how a coach like Ashley would do at a school where the parents valued winning over getting their way. Jackson and Piketon have always seemed to be schools like that.
Ashley catered to a select few. That is why as a whole people wanted him out. His wing T offense was outdated. He constantly blamed everyone but himself for losses. You saw what he did! No program building. Just padding stats for the few.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Ronnie Raygun wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:03 pm Bob Ashley was a good coach. People who really know football know this. Had Ashley been back, and the players who quit or left had returned, I feel ND would have had a real shot at 10-0. Now I see 7-3 at best.
Ashley wouldn’t even be close to 7-3. Consistently lost to EAST! He had the best roster he’s had in a long time last year and was .500! If he’s such a good coach, why is he not coaching?

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND down 12 - 0 at half to a very good Williamsburg team. Had the ball on Williamsburg 18 and threw a pass to endzone that bounced off defender. Receiver got one full hand on it just couldn't bring it in. Tough! Arhhhhhh!

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

dirt_cinders wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:13 pm ND down 12 - 0 at half to a very good Williamsburg team. Had the ball on Williamsburg 18 and threw a pass to endzone that bounced off defender. Receiver got one full hand on it just couldn't bring it in. Tough! Arhhhhhh!
ND is struggling on offense to a very VERY GOOD defense! Keep it close and adjust!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

ND is not a good Football team. Once again refs helping at home. Anytime you play ND at home you get homered in any sport

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:53 pm ND is not a good Football team. Once again refs helping at home. Anytime you play ND at home you get homered in any sport
See you are back at another ND game. By your ID I can also see you don't know much about football and are probably someone focused on playing that soft sport. I love basketball but obvious you should keep your analysis to what you play or know. Maybe you were that guy I saw with pom poms.
Ole softy

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:53 pm ND is not a good Football team. Once again refs helping at home. Anytime you play ND at home you get homered in any sport
So why do you go to the games then?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:50 pm
Ronnie Raygun wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:03 pm Bob Ashley was a good coach. People who really know football know this. Had Ashley been back, and the players who quit or left had returned, I feel ND would have had a real shot at 10-0. Now I see 7-3 at best.
Ashley wouldn’t even be close to 7-3. Consistently lost to EAST! He had the best roster he’s had in a long time last year and was .500! If he’s such a good coach, why is he not coaching?
The bigger question is why arent you coaching fat boy?

Goatreturns
Waterboy

Post by Goatreturns »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:25 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:50 pm
The bigger question is why arent you coaching fat boy?
You are an idiot. Ashley lost with a lot more talent because he catered to the people who were paying him to do so. He has no real resume. You must have low self esteem to constantly throw out random fat boy comments.
Where is the great Ashley? Nobody wants him.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I'd like to know who he catered to? Every kid he played should of been playing, not one kid on the sideline should of been playing over anybody on the field. Heck, the biggest donor pulled his grandson not because of playing time. I think you should get your facts straight about him catering to players. Only position I could see would of been the QB but in the offense he ran, you need your stud as a RB or WR not at QB.

I watched ND play Eastern Meigs and Williamsburg, I believe ND will have trouble with any team that can throw or run the ball outside. Eastern Meigs got outside all night long due to DE not keeping contain and DB getting sucked in. Also, not a lot of speed on that ND defense. Secondary struggles to guard the deep ball. Offensively, I'd like to see more simple throws Hitch, Slant, Out, PA with a drag route instead of going for the deep ball every possession. Once you get the short passes down then go down field. Maybe I'm just old school pass routes but their passing games looks like Madden throwing it deep every play. Davis runs hard which would great going under center for a PA. Until ND beats someone good, you can't say ND is better without Coach Ashley. As you can tell, I'm a Coach Ashley supporter. I do believe his offense was boring during his 2nd run at ND. If you look at it, he didn't start running the Wing T then Shotgun Wing T until about his 3rd or 4th year into his 2nd run at ND. He started this because of the team he had and knew he couldn't line up and go at you. The last 3 years at ND he did have some athletes that could of did more things.

Return to “Football”