Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
wobycat
SEOPS

Re: September 15, 2023 Valley - Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

Burg should eventually run away but valley is well coached and have a couple of players to make a few first downs.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burg 49-7

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG but it won't be because the Indians roll over and play dead. They'll compete til the end.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I wonder how healthy Valley is? They have been playing hard, but they just don’t have enough older varsity ready kids. This will be a tough one for them, but they keep getting better. This is been a tough run of games for such a young squad.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Nolan and staff are doing a good job with these kids. Young, 1 to 2 divisions smaller, and low #'s overall but especially in the trenches. Valley will be well prepared for this game, but #'s decide this game. 3 Conferences is the answer for Football in the SOC, if not State CB #'s should decide the alignments, not a bunch of coaches, and administrators, State #'s do not have a bias opinion.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Valley doesn’t stop playing until the bitter end. Every livestream I have watched of them, they don’t stop competing. Love the way they play. Their schedule has been brutal. Their opponents are 12-4 so far.

Wheelersburg is 2-2 and their opponents are 9-7 so far.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:56 am Valley doesn’t stop playing until the bitter end. Every livestream I have watched of them, they don’t stop competing. Love the way they play. Their schedule has been brutal. Their opponents are 12-4 so far.

Are you insinuating Valley has played a tougher schedule than Wheelersburg?

I seriously doubt Valley has played anyone like Ironton or Jackson. Even 1-3 McNich is probably as good or better than anyone on Valley’s schedule to-date.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:30 pm
Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:56 am Valley doesn’t stop playing until the bitter end. Every livestream I have watched of them, they don’t stop competing. Love the way they play. Their schedule has been brutal. Their opponents are 12-4 so far.

I seriously doubt Valley has played anyone like Ironton or Jackson. Even 1-3 McNich is probably as good or better than anyone on Valley’s schedule to-date.
Not at all. Just as of currently, Valley’s opponents have a current W-L record. If Wheelersburg had Valley’s schedule, they’d most likely if not definitely be 4-0. McNicholas’s schedule is beyond brutal.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:14 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:30 pm

Not at all. Just as of currently, Valley’s opponents have a current W-L record. If Wheelersburg had Valley’s schedule, they’d most likely if not definitely be 4-0. McNicholas’s schedule is beyond brutal.
When Burg looks to be one of your easy early games…

McNich always plays a tough schedule.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Valley will be facing twice as many athletes as they did last week and a pretty fierce Defense. Afraid this one out of hand early.
I really feel for the Indians because they do have a couple good football players.

WWE HALL OF FAME
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:43 am Nolan and staff are doing a good job with these kids. Young, 1 to 2 divisions smaller, and low #'s overall but especially in the trenches. Valley will be well prepared for this game, but #'s decide this game. 3 Conferences is the answer for Football in the SOC, if not State CB #'s should decide the alignments, not a bunch of coaches, and administrators, State #'s do not have a bias opinion.
No offense here but the #'s aren't deciding this game, Burg isn't going to wear Valley out and that's what'll decide the game. Burg is just simply better than Valley across the board should be a running clock in the 2nd half. I hope they can keep plugging away as it will be a tough year if the coach can keep them strong moving forward hopefully the results will payoff. You are correct in that something should be done in the SOC but it's not 3 divisions not with the current setup, only way you pull that off is if the SOC and OVC combine which I do believe is the answer.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:37 pm
ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:43 am Nolan and staff are doing a good job with these kids. Young, 1 to 2 divisions smaller, and low #'s overall but especially in the trenches. Valley will be well prepared for this game, but #'s decide this game. 3 Conferences is the answer for Football in the SOC, if not State CB #'s should decide the alignments, not a bunch of coaches, and administrators, State #'s do not have a bias opinion.
No offense here but the #'s aren't deciding this game, Burg isn't going to wear Valley out and that's what'll decide the game. Burg is just simply better than Valley across the board should be a running clock in the 2nd half. I hope they can keep plugging away as it will be a tough year if the coach can keep them strong moving forward hopefully the results will payoff. You are correct in that something should be done in the SOC but it's not 3 divisions not with the current setup, only way you pull that off is if the SOC and OVC combine which I do believe is the answer.
I think if you added 2 OVC Schools, it’s doable: Rock Hill and Fairland.

SOC3
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford
Fairland

SOC2
Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Northwest
Symmes Valley

SOC1
South Gallia
Notre Dame
Sciotoville
Green
Eastern Pike

4 Conference games, 6 non-conference games. Leaves room for scheduling, and has a pretty competitive balance.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

#'s is everything! What is the State CB #'s for Burg? For Valley? Numbers decide a lot. Valley will play hard, and be well prepared, but balance the CB #'s/ and division sizes.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ValleyStrong wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:23 am

#'s is everything! What is the State CB #'s for Burg? For Valley? Numbers decide a lot. Valley will play hard, and be well prepared, but balance the CB #'s/ and division sizes.
Burg CB 19
VAlley CB 9

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

On Competitive Balance: Does the state subtract from that total if players have transfer out?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I won't be surprised if the final score is similar to the Pirate-Mohawk game last week.

Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 am

SOC3
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford
Fairland

SOC2
Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Northwest
Symmes Valley

SOC1
South Gallia
Notre Dame
Sciotoville
Green
Eastern Pike

4 Conference games, 6 non-conference games. Leaves room for scheduling, and has a pretty competitive balance.
That's not a bad lineup, there are a multitude of teams that would fit in top tier from Portsmouth to Piketon and practically every Lawrence County school. And might move Eastern up instead of Symmes Valley they have the numbers. But I think it would work well.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Valley got some nice skill position players that will only get better. Just can’t see their defense slowing Burg down. This season a low point for the Indians, but they not going to be down for much longer.

As for a third SOC division, I don’t see many OVC teams leaving now that Ironton is independent in football. Portsmouth would jump if offered by SOC, and maybe Gallia Academy.*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:53 am

SOC3
Burg
Waverly
West
Minford
Fairland

SOC2
Valley
Rock Hill
Oak Hill
Northwest
Symmes Valley

SOC1
South Gallia
Notre Dame
Sciotoville
Green
Eastern Pike

Those aren't bad divisions at all but I do think you start running into a problem when teams are trying to find 6 non-conference games though. Means conference games would be weeks 7-8-9-10 there abouts because of the odd number of teams you have in each division. Weeks 1-3 typically aren't difficult to find opponents but when you start looking at weeks 4-5-6 that's when just about every league is starting up league play and that's a tough ask. It's why I believe each division would need to be at least 1 team larger for sure. In this setup it would be easy for SOC1 and 2 to cross schedule each other and help fill the gaps but none of the teams from those conferences are going to signup for SOC3 schools. With your current setup I would move Rock Hill to SOC1. Add Coal Grove, Chesapeake and South Point to SOC2 I know it puts 1 added team but no big deal, then Portsmouth and Gallia would go into SOC3. That accounts for all SOC and OVC teams for football.

Return to “Football”