Was Reid really that good?

Anderson83
Waterboy

Was Reid really that good?

Post by Anderson83 »

3 years I'm the program now, setting 3rd string, 2 freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart, and in a 63-10 blow-out still not being able to step foot on the field on D. Could this be another case of Ironton not being able to compete on the big stage.

FIDO
S

Re: Was Reid really that good?

Post by FIDO »

Regardless, he is getting a first rate education on the big stage free of charge.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Anderson83 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:08 pm 3 years I'm the program now, setting 3rd string, 2 freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart, and in a 63-10 blow-out still not being able to step foot on the field on D. Could this be another case of Ironton not being able to compete on the big stage.
[/quote

Carrico is a great player and an even better person.
Last edited by XandOs on Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Yes he was that good idk what you are trying to do with this post. The system doesn’t play well for his strengths be better in a traditional 4-3. Up to him if he wants to transfer for a better situation but you can’t knock an Ohio kid for wanting to be at osu. Every year there are more clowns on this site

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I vote for this thread as being the dumbest thread of the week. He’s playing and getting a first class education that’ll carry him way past football.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:33 am I vote for this thread as being the dumbest thread of the week. He’s playing and getting a first class education that’ll carry him way past football.
Completely agree.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Anderson83 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:08 pm 3 years I'm the program now, setting 3rd string, 2 freshmen ahead of him on the depth chart, and in a 63-10 blow-out still not being able to step foot on the field on D. Could this be another case of Ironton not being able to compete on the big stage.
Really this all you have to do is run down a young man that is working his ass off on the field and in the class room for one of the most prestigious football programs in the country!

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Bottom line is everyone at ohio state was a high school superstar. It is a matter of finding you're niche and making the most of it. The hard part is that they only play two linebackers at a time and the very rarely substitute even in blowout games. The education is the most important. But engineering is available at most any school in the country. So he has the transfer portal available to him. I'm sure he could play at most schools in the country. Apparently he is ok with playing special teams and a rare rep or two at linebacker. Which is fine. You never know when injuries will hit the people ahead of him and he will get his chance. Best of luck to him.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

This is an idiotic statement

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I am by no means an Ironton guy but this post is so idiotic. One of the best in southern Ohio when he committed and like others are stating, a top tier education for free and gets to call himself a Buckeye unlike many others. So childish to even start a thread like this over a kid.. grow up.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

Quit with this nonsense Reid is living a dream that most on here would give anything for. I am not from Ironton but really get tired of hearing the OVC faithful try to talk crap to former and current players From Ironton!!! Don’t complain try to make your program better.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

Reid must’ve really done something to this guy?
He hit you a little too hard or were you in the stands when he punished your team?

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

What a terrible thread!! Even if you played, you must never have gotten any offers!!

PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

Multiple D-1 offers, runner up for Ohio’s Mr. Football award, played in 2 state championship games. Hmmmm….., yea he was that good.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

ranked number 84 recruit regardless of position and the eye test was fer real

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

What a stupid post. Much as I hate the team in Columbus, they're a top notch program for a top notch university.. They don't recruit scrubs. Ask the men who played against him if he was really that good.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Good on everyone here for reminding this guy what an idiot he is.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

I for one never seen him play. I will say it’s a shame how adult thrive on this site just to talk bad about kids.
He got a full Ride to play at The Ohio State University and that is something to be proud of. My kids used to attend Waverly and while he’s from hour down the road. He is still like a local to me and I support him 100% and proud of the hard work I’m sure he is putting in. Even if he never steps on that field he’s achieved more than anyone on here myself included.
Not enough support for kids who play now a days. Everyone just wants to tear them down. A little support goes along way in kids.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Attachments
th (3).jpeg

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Best athlete ive seen at ironton that played (both) sides of the ball. He was a stud. There is always bigger stronger and faster at the next level. I think they were planning on him getting bigger stronger and faster and it doesn’t look like hes gained much muscle. I was hoping to see him get playing time this year. Esp when they are up big.

Return to “Football”