September 22, 2023 Wheelersburg 16 - 32 Harvest Prep

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

September 22, 2023 Wheelersburg 16 - 32 Harvest Prep

Post by Oldtimer55 »

I guess I will get it started. Harvest Prep travels to Wheelersburg, will be a tough task for the Pirates!

522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Week 6 burg vs Harvest Prep

Post by 522Pirate »

Should be another great game! I watched the HP vs Center Grove game but not sure what one could take away and apply to our game against them. Prep, outside of one or two pass plays that they hit on, ran mostly QB run….they ran 2 QB’s and #17 reminded me of Cardale Jones…he’s a load. However, I’m not sure that we’ll be able to make them one dimensional as I imagine Center Grove is a bit more talented than we are 😂

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

If Burg plays hard nosed defense and is disciplined, no dumb penalties and can play a clean game I really like their chances. Prep will more than likely try to just out athlete then

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Harv prep 35
Burg 21

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

If burg has team speed they can keep it close . If not watch out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Watching prep vs center grove, I see about the same team that played burg last year but with a little better defense.

They don’t look like they are good at passing the ball but they just need to throw it out there to their athletes. I think burg can defend their receivers one on one which should allow them be better to stop their rushing attack which is basically their strength. Burg has to stay disciplined in the run game because prep will run counter as a wrinkle.

Offensively burg will probably have to methodically go down the field. Preps edge rushers and outside linebackers are really fast.

Preps special teams aren’t good and if it comes down to that burg has an advantage.

Burg has been in both games with prep. Need to get over the mental hump. I like their chances

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I want to be wrong.
Prep 42-24

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:10 pm Watching prep vs center grove, I see about the same team that played burg last year but with a little better defense.

They don’t look like they are good at passing the ball but they just need to throw it out there to their athletes. I think burg can defend their receivers one on one which should allow them be better to stop their rushing attack which is basically their strength. Burg has to stay disciplined in the run game because prep will run counter as a wrinkle.

Offensively burg will probably have to methodically go down the field. Preps edge rushers and outside linebackers are really fast.

Preps special teams aren’t good and if it comes down to that burg has an advantage.

Burg has been in both games with prep. Need to get over the mental hump. I like their chances
Unfortunately I think Burg will lose by three touchdowns or more.

This is the type of game where the spread O is not effective. To beat a team like HP, you need a strong, fundamental running attack that can simply wear them down (they only have 37 players) like the best D5 teams possess. Trying to go speed against speed with a spread O versus HP is a losing proposition.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I fear Burg’s O will struggle and the D will eventually wear down.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:10 pm Watching prep vs center grove, I see about the same team that played burg last year but with a little better defense.

Not fully sold on the idea burg can matchup 1-1, simply because Brown for HP is tough and already has multiple offers. It's a concept they might try from time to time but I don't think it's an plan I would go in with for an entire game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:59 pm

Not fully sold on the idea burg can matchup 1-1, simply because Brown for HP is tough and already has multiple offers. It's a concept they might try from time to time but I don't think it's an plan I would go in with for an entire game.
I think that’s their best option. Burgs corners are pretty fast. I think they can stay with them enough because I’m not sold on hp line. So burg will hopefully get penetration like they did last year. Prep had two big runs or burg could of moved on from last year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

To me one of most important things that the Pirates will have to do is to really limit the amount of penalties and turnovers that they have. I still think that the Pirates have a pretty good defense, especially against the run. Another big plus for me is the fact that the game is at the Burg. Hope that both teams have an injury free game.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Reality is Wheelersburg is gonna be 2-3 after 5 games. Honestly talking HP talent level far superior, Wheelersburg maybe might keep it close but when dust settles the speed and athletes will win out, be it 1 point or 25 points. Lattimore from Portsmouth needsto get at least 25 touches in this game for Wheelersburg to have a chance .Good Luck to Wheelersburg !

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:37 pm Reality is Wheelersburg is gonna be 2-3 after 5 games. Honestly talking HP talent level far superior, Wheelersburg maybe might keep it close but when dust settles the speed and athletes will win out, be it 1 point or 25 points. Lattimore from Portsmouth needsto get at least 25 touches in this game for Wheelersburg to have a chance .Good Luck to Wheelersburg !
Going to be tough when they are already 3-2

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Close for a bit but I think prep pulls away eventually. Never know tho. Good luck BURG. Brutal non conference schedule.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Burg would have to play a perfect game just to keep this one close. Hoping for Burg, but just don’t think they have it.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

Burg can pull this out. Don’t count them out on this one. Prep is typically not physical and burg very well could smash them in the mouth

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Lookiehere wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:19 pm Burg can pull this out. Don’t count them out on this one. Prep is typically not physical and burg very well could smash them in the mouth
I wish Burg would go smash mouth on them, but Burg’s O is not very physical either :(

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I like the game but it may be a tough ask. Burg just seems off this year. Uncharacteristically making boneheaded mistakes and not nearly as explosive on offense. Anyway, I think Burg's defense will keep the game close.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

I think HP wins by 2-3 TDs. I don’t see the burg offense keeping up.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

Burgs like is very mediocre if best they do like to be hit or hit anyone else for lattimore is not all that he only runs 7 yards and stops and is not physically fit size wise to run those jet sweeps Rucker is always running for his life do to the weak line play burgs huge Achilles heal is at the offense coordinators neither one of them is capable of big time coaching one came from green they just believe he’s something because his son was so good yes Howard played at burg but he wasn’t much he couldn’t hang on to the ball and played for Kaskey who was horrible in his own right I do think harvest prep will have a hard time with the crowd if we can get a crowd to show up and make noise I’m sorry to say this pirates will have to be perfect Friday or it will be a blowout

Return to “Football”