September 22, 2023 Northwest 6 - 7 Valley

purplegold
Riding the Bench

September 22, 2023 Northwest 6 - 7 Valley

Post by purplegold »

Haven't seen a thread on this matchup yet. Not sure what the Mohawks have, but should be a good game. Hopefully the young Indians can pull out a win Friday night.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 6: Valley vs Northwest

Post by Dan-The-Man »

Valley has moved the ball against better defenses, but haven’t been able to score down in the red zone. If they punch a few in this will be a tight game.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Is Lintz healthy and good to go? If not, that will hurt NW big time. Is Waughtel good to go for Valley? he was banged up and kept out of the second half against Wheelersburg. Like Dan-The-Man said, if Valley can find the end zone, it will be a good game.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

transplant wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:36 am Is Lintz healthy and good to go? If not, that will hurt NW big time. Is Waughtel good to go for Valley? he was banged up and kept out of the second half against Wheelersburg. Like Dan-The-Man said, if Valley can find the end zone, it will be a good game.
Not sure on Lintz. Haven't seen either team play. Both really young teams. This game can probably go either way.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, both teams are young and pretty much a pick em game. May come down to special teams or defense making a big play.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Both teams are young but Valley gets the first win of the season this week. Look for the defense to be much improved, which they showed a lot of improvement last week. Couple mistakes to clean up. Offensively completing passes with 3 very capable recievers and a running back who has good hands as well, the run game will be important to establish this week. Valley should have enough tools to win this one, 35-21 Valley

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

NW at home in a hard fought game.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

This one could go either way. Edge to NW at home and if Lintz plays. Valley is still a year or two out to improve but moving forward.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I think northwest takes it easily valley can’t stop the run

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

I think Nw has the edge due to a more physical o-line

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Valley is 44-15 all time vs Northwest. Northwest Exorcised 21 years of frustration last season against Valley and got a win. The more scoring that’s in this game, the more it favors Valley.

Northwest is a possession team and will want to control the LOS and grind on Valleys front 7. If Valley can win the turnover battle and dictate the pace of the game, they can win this game.

Northwest is 2-3. Their opponents are a combined 11-13. Northwest is averaging 23.2 points per game while giving up an average of 33.4 points per game.

Valley is 0-5. Their opponents are 16-9. Valley is averaging 11.4 points per game and giving up an average of 47.2 points per game.

Northwest’s last SOC2 win was in Week 10 of 2010, a 30-27 win over Waverly.

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:18 pm I think northwest takes it easily valley can’t stop the run
Not sure I agree with you on the first part of your statement. I think this will be a close game. Now the second part of your statement on stopping the run I agree with. Not sure what the issue is there (Personnel, play calling, both?) but they really struggle. Hopefully we've gotten some of the kinks worked out and will be a different outcome. You can see some improvements though from the young Indian squad.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

purplegold wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:13 am
Izladoom wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:18 pm I think northwest takes it easily valley can’t stop the run
Not sure I agree with you on the first part of your statement. I think this will be a close game. Now the second part of your statement on stopping the run I agree with. Not sure what the issue is there (Personnel, play calling, both?) but they really struggle. Hopefully we've gotten some of the kinks worked out and will be a different outcome. You can see some improvements though from the young Indian squad.
I think it’s a mixture of the young personnel, and the schedule that Valley has played. I think Valley has the same record as a Northwest if they were playing the same schedule.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Purple Injuns win this one

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I just think it’s a bad mismatch northwest is big and runs the football really good just look at how they manhandled us last year as to why in two years we have seen no improvement in run defense I have no clue last year we had 2 300lb+ lineman and more depth and still got pushed around we have trouble defending runs to the outside our linebackers just don’t get sideline to sideline very good and we are undersized and young it’s just a bad combo for now

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:04 pm
I just think it’s a bad mismatch northwest is big and runs the football really good just look at how they manhandled us last year as to why in two years we have seen no improvement in run defense I have no clue last year we had 2 300lb+ lineman and more depth and still got pushed around we have trouble defending runs to the outside our linebackers just don’t get sideline to sideline very good and we are undersized and young it’s just a bad combo for now
You are correct sizing depth, and etc. I disagree however that this Valley defense is not solid, it is growing and improving weekly. The strength of schedule compared to NW is not even comparable. It will be a tough game, but I look for a supercharged defensive line, and phenomenal playmaking from the offense. Valley grows and evolves this week. Score 35-21 Valley takes it.
Last edited by ValleyStrong on Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

We will start selling tickets at 6pm.
Handicap parking is along the front row beside NMS. First come, first serve. Game personnel will be allowed to park behind the school ie; band, football bus, officials and equipment truck.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to both teams. Northwest with a slight advantage with the home field. Hope for an injury free game for both teams.

#sports_is_life
Waterboy

Post by #sports_is_life »

I am going with Valley in this one, Valley's young men have matured fast, hey have had no choice. I believe the Indians can score multiple ways and will be trouble for NW. However, NW is strong in the run game and very deliberate in what they do. This offense has caused big problems. (CG) Valley must play their roles on defense to get consistent stops. Valley will win if they play team defense. Good luck and a safe game to both teams!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Anyone no if NW has gotten any kids back from injury?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”