September 29, 2023 Logan 17 - 0 Marietta

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: September 29, 2023 Logan - Marietta

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Chieftains on your win over Marietta.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 29, 2023 Logan 17 - 0 Marietta

Post by mattash »

September 29, 2023 Logan 17 - 0 Marietta

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
E High
All State

Post by E High »

justlovefootball wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:44 pm What's worse is to think about them playing in the OCC next year. I can't believe the administration believes that doing so is what is best for the kids and the programs.
Too many Idiots in administration at many places ! This is a Shame ! They will get beat down and the program will never have a chance 😞

justlovefootball
Riding the Bench

Post by justlovefootball »

E High wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:19 am
justlovefootball wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:44 pm What's worse is to think about them playing in the OCC next year. I can't believe the administration believes that doing so is what is best for the kids and the programs.
Too many Idiots in administration at many places ! This is a Shame ! They will get beat down and the program will never have a chance 😞
That's my fear 100%

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Just might be the beginning of the end for football at Logan.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

derbydawg wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:54 pm Last week's loss to Athens was a complete embarrassment and falls directly on the head ball coach. There is no excuse to be losing these types of games to these types of programs. You have a 20 million dollar indoor facility that most small colleges would love to have. If Logan can't find a way to beat Marietta then there is something drastically wrong with the culture of the program.
$10 million

Live Like A Champion!
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Was at my first home game in a long time to take this one in. It was like watching an intersquad scrimmage. Both offenses were identical and both defenses were pretty close to being mirrored. Logan just ran the ball better and got big runs in key spots. Neither team had any time to throw when they wanted to. Congrats to Logan for getting it done after 2 bad losses.

Live Like A Champion!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

justlovefootball wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:15 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:18 pm
Logan should join TSL with Fort , Marietta , Point and Warren. They’d be way more competitive.
I think that would certainly been a much better place for Logan. I wish the administration would reconsider. People need to make their voices heard.
Catch-22 situation. Morelli knew full well that if Logan were to continue being independent, or to go off and play some weird league schedule like the TSL that their postseason prospects were good as dead in every sport within the athletic department.

I’m not optimistic about Logan’s OCC prospects in any sport, either. That said, playing the likes of Warren, FF, Point etc for a league doesn’t improve the Chieftains’ situation down the line.

SugarDaddy
JV Team

Post by SugarDaddy »

Logan needed a stable league. The TSL is new and not stable looking. It also offers little competition in many sports. Logan moved on the OCC for a stable, competitive league that afforded easy scheduling. Scheduling as an independent is a nightmare and ever changing. It also impacts the lower grade scheduling, both boys and girls.

I don’t see Logan winning an OCC title given the current division they are in, but with a future decent coach, they should be competitive with many of the schools and win a few here or there. Sadly the future is bleak with the current Head coach and athletic ability is limited given the OCC athletes they will face. The OCC is constantly reshuffling the deck changing the divisions . Also there are grumbling the OCC is too big, have non competitive divisions and have members leaving. There are changes to be expected ahead. Ride it out for a while and see what happens. As a D-II, win a couple of OCC D-I games, win your non conference games where you have some control over who you play and make the playoffs. That should be an annual goal.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Going to the OCC is a death wish. NOTHING good will come out of this !

justlovefootball
Riding the Bench

Post by justlovefootball »

E High wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 am Going to the OCC is a death wish. NOTHING good will come out of this !
Just lots of discouragement in my opinion. Sure, easier scheduling. Not what's best for the athletes.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

justlovefootball wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:20 am
E High wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:32 am Going to the OCC is a death wish. NOTHING good will come out of this !
Just lots of discouragement in my opinion. Sure, easier scheduling. Not what's best for the athletes.
Finishing first, or tied for first via a split with Warren, for sports like basketball in a league like the TSL — only to then get voted into a postseason seed in the 40’s and getting crushed the first round — isn’t a better alternative.

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:09 am
Finishing first, or tied for first via a split with Warren, for sports like basketball in a league like the TSL — only to then get voted into a postseason seed in the 40’s and getting crushed the first round — isn’t a better alternative.
Uhhh thats not anything that isnt happening already in basketball without a league. Logan is year in and year out seeded very low and they go into the post season and get waxed. Logan hasnt been to a regional in 23 years or even won a district tournament game in probably just as long because they are sent to the Central District and the coaches within that district historically have stuck together and Logan is always voted and seeded low; only to be sent home typically after the first game. Logan made it to the District Semis In 2018 after Logan went 22-3 and was only seeded 12th that year and 11th in 2019 at 17-5 only to lose in the first round to Groveport. League or not, not much has changed with basketball in the post season imo. I think the OCC long term is a bad idea and the Mid State League would be a better long term fit and needs to be lobbied harder but what's done is done. I do hope that Logan can be competitive bc I love the school and the kids and the coaches and the fans and the parents. They all deserve to feel what it feels like to win a championship again.

Live Like A Champion!
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Logangrad wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:27 pm

Uhhh thats not anything that isnt happening already in basketball without a league. Logan is year in and year out seeded very low and they go into the post season and get waxed. Logan hasnt been to a regional in 23 years or even won a district tournament game in probably just as long because they are sent to the Central District and the coaches within that district historically have stuck together and Logan is always voted and seeded low; only to be sent home typically after the first game. Logan made it to the District Semis In 2018 after Logan went 22-3 and was only seeded 12th that year and 11th in 2019 at 17-5 only to lose in the first round to Groveport. League or not, not much has changed with basketball in the post season imo. I think the OCC long term is a bad idea and the Mid State League would be a better long term fit and needs to be lobbied harder but what's done is done. I do hope that Logan can be competitive bc I love the school and the kids and the coaches and the fans and the parents. They all deserve to feel what it feels like to win a championship again.
Marion Harding and Mt. Vernon have had the same issues being in wayward leagues that aren’t aligned with the Central District, let alone the Central District D1 tournament. At least with being independent Logan has had more availability to take on the D1 schools — but playing a bunch of out-of-area small schools twice a season as would be the case with the TSL, instead of seven schools x2 (who are all in the same tournament) in an OCC schedule, is just going to contribute to the isolation.

I agree that the MSL would’ve been better, but the MSL adamantly did not want Logan 7-10 years ago and there is nothing Logan could do about it then or now. Their hopes of a conference situation got tethered to Lancaster and what Logan got was what Lancaster wanted.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

The reality is that outside of "generational" talent - Logan has ALWAYS struggled in post-season play.

They spent decades losing first round sectional basketball games in the SE District despite playing (at the time) the top SE district teams in the regular season.

Playing Central district teams in the regular season isn't going to magically make the Chieftains more competitive when it comes to tournament play.

The other reality is that Logan IS going to be a member of the OCC starting in the 2024-25 school year. Hoping, dreaming, wishing for anything else is unproductive.

And Logan's administration has made the decisions they feel are best for the school, the coaches, and the student athletes. I'm going to choose to be supportive of the kids and coaches.

I hope the community can choose the same. If/when there are opportunities for change we can support those too.

Go Chiefs!

Return to “Football”