Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton "Play anyone" but West, "Play anywhere" but the Westside

Post by a-trainsalomone »

I have neat idea for creating a new conference for the Ironton Fighting Tigers to join. Southern Ohio Valley League featuring Aruntun, Wheelersburg, Minford, West Portsmouth West, Marietta, Vincent Warren, Fort Frye, Point Pleasant, WV, Wahama, WV.

PVWC Sports Fanatic
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:09 pm Pee Wee is just that it's not about winning it's about kids learning the game.
And that is all it is.
If parents can't behave then why play that team.
I’m not saying it does matter. I think it’s good to get kids learning, instill structure, and start laying a foundation. To me it teaches more from character devolopment than even football related. And I would say the same thing about any kids sports.

As far as parents go, that should not be tolerated either. Cheering, passion , and pride are great things. But parents need to know the line. From what I’ve been told someone did act like an idiot after a game. That is a zero tolerance issue with following a ref to the car and making threats. He should be banned for the time being and everyone else warned. If anything else happens, you act accordingly. You don’t kick the entire school out of the league. That’s not fair to the kids, or 99.9 percent of the parents that know how to act. It was not handled correctly. So while I don’t defend the actions of the West parent, I don’t agree with Irontons decision.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
WestSideFootball
Waterboy

Post by WestSideFootball »

Hey just pointing out something.

Since Ironton refused to come to West I don't think Ironton 5th picked up a game. This week is the SOFL Super bowl and Ironton 5th don't have an opponent because they kicked out their only opponent. We were ready and happy to defend our Chip. I guess were still the champs since no one wants to play. Shame on the adults for being way to sensitive to play a game and punish all the kids.

LETS GO WEST!
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

a-trainsalomone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:41 pm I have neat idea for creating a new conference for the Ironton Fighting Tigers to join. Southern Ohio Valley League featuring Aruntun, Wheelersburg, Minford, West Portsmouth West, Marietta, Vincent Warren, Fort Frye, Point Pleasant, WV, Wahama, WV.
Point pleasant and Wahama are of zero value. Same for Mariettta. Ironton plays Midland again next year, why would they want to punch down and play point pleasant? Too many talented programs close in wv to do that. Ironton would be much better served picking up Midland or Huntington or Hurricane or George Washington in their indy schedule and the travel is short. I also know Martinsburg loves to travel and would happily come to the Tank again, but play the Tigers this time. Capital and South Charleston are down this year because the old SC HC Tinsley, now Hurricanes HC, poached a buncha talent and brought them to Putnam County- but in normal years Capital and South Charleston are also better potential pickups than Point Pleasant. Cap and SC both produce multiple D1 kids every season. Spring Valley is also a better pick up.

Potential indy schedule on any given year could look like this.

Burg
Jackson
Fairland
Ashland or Raceland or Johnson Central
Cabell Midland or Huntington or Hurricane or GW or Capital or Martinsburg or Spring Valley or South Charleston
Harvest Prep
Gallia Academy
Fort Frye
Portsmouth

Now that is a schedule that gets you ready for the post season.

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:30 pm
a-trainsalomone wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:41 pm I have neat idea for creating a new conference for the Ironton Fighting Tigers to join. Southern Ohio Valley League featuring Aruntun, Wheelersburg, Minford, West Portsmouth West, Marietta, Vincent Warren, Fort Frye, Point Pleasant, WV, Wahama, WV.
Point pleasant and Wahama are of zero value. Same for Mariettta. Ironton plays Midland again next year, why would they want to punch down and play point pleasant? Too many talented programs close in wv to do that. Ironton would be much better served picking up Midland or Huntington or Hurricane or George Washington in their indy schedule and the travel is short. I also know Martinsburg loves to travel and would happily come to the Tank again, but play the Tigers this time. Capital and South Charleston are down this year because the old SC HC Tinsley, now Hurricanes HC, poached a buncha talent and brought them to Putnam County- but in normal years Capital and South Charleston are also better potential pickups than Point Pleasant. Cap and SC both produce multiple D1 kids every season. Spring Valley is also a better pick up.

Burg
Jackson
Fairland
Cabell Midland or Huntington or Hurricane or GW or Capital or Martinsburg or Spring Valley or South Charleston
Harvest Prep
Gallia Academy
Fort Frye
Portsmouth

Yep!

PVWC Sports Fanatic
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

a-trainsalomone wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:02 pm

Burg
Jackson
Fairland
Harvest Prep
Gallia Academy
Fort Frye
Portsmouth

Yep!
Huntington and Asland won't play Ironton.
South Charleston is hot Garbage Harvest prep ok but I would rather see them go to SW Ohio play a Springboro or Miamisburg.
Northern Ohio teams are not going to come here to much traveling MAC team have what 9 league games to play so they are ruled out.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:12 pm
a-trainsalomone wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:02 pm

Burg
Jackson
Fairland
Harvest Prep
Gallia Academy
Fort Frye
Portsmouth

Yep!
Huntington and Asland won't play Ironton.
South Charleston is hot Garbage Harvest prep ok but I would rather see them go to SW Ohio play a Springboro or Miamisburg.
Northern Ohio teams are not going to come here to much traveling MAC team have what 9 league games to play so they are ruled out.
Actually SC is down this year but on normal years they would thump most of seo pretty easy. Same with Capital. On most average seasons Cap and SC would be very challenging pick ups. And they produce multiple D1 commits yearly. Every single season. Matter fact Cap and SC and GW put kids in the NFL. Multiple kids. Any of the 3 would be great pickups.

I haven't heard Ashland or Huntingtons AD outright say no so imma chalk that up to heresy.
Martinsburg will travel and play Ironton simply cause Martinsburg will play anyone.

Much better options than Point Pleasant and wahama. Raceland is bad enough imo.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Link for game

Return to “Football”