Ironton Freshman QB/ATH Edwards D1 Offer

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Re: Ironton Freshman QB/ATH Edwards D1 Offer

Post by tigercat74 »

Lane Kiffin offered an 8th grader.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/01/12/l ... 0Wednesday.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

SmallTown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:34 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:10 am
SmallTown wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:35 pmProof?

From his twitter.
Thats not proof. Just like some other athletes mostly at Ironton but other schools too. They get offers to play at these "big schools" and then go to a school in the middle of nowhere ky or wv. Why would anyone offer a jv qb a full ride 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Which athletes? I’m sure in the last two to three years they’ve put a couple at UK, couple at UC, one at OSU. Fairly sure Terry and Edwards will get D1 opportunities due to their athleticism. I could see Patterson getting a chance at a MAC school or something else along those lines. Not bad for a tiny D5 school in a region certainly not known for producing D1 talent.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Kid will probably get a chance to play somewhere. He’s athletic. But I understand what the poster is saying. Kids can say they have an offer from Ohio State and no one from OSU can dispute it.

In fact there was a local kid who graduated last year that said he had a couple D1 offers and I believe one was Massachusetts. It wasn’t true. It was done to try and drum up interest

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Newer trend also is kids getting offers, but not “commitable”offers. Essentially college coaches make an offer contingent on being available only if other kids go elsewhere. Seems like a way to just string kids along, but what do I know?

As for Edwards, I’ve seen this young man play jv, and he has a chance to be special. Lot of work to do as a QB, but as an athlete, definitely looks to be D1-caliber should he continue to develop. Will be rooting him on as any kid in SEOhio going D1 is good for the area.*

99Tigers
Waterboy

Post by 99Tigers »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:59 pm No wonder kids flock to Ironton. I would imagine more will follow.
This is an Ironton kid. His entire family is from Ironton.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Patterson has been committed (Verbally) to EMU (MAC) since his official visit in June. I was told he wanted to commit before the season so it not be a distraction for him or the team.
Outoftowner wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:41 pm
SmallTown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:34 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:10 am

From his twitter.
Thats not proof. Just like some other athletes mostly at Ironton but other schools too. They get offers to play at these "big schools" and then go to a school in the middle of nowhere ky or wv. Why would anyone offer a jv qb a full ride 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Which athletes? I’m sure in the last two to three years they’ve put a couple at UK, couple at UC, one at OSU. Fairly sure Terry and Edwards will get D1 opportunities due to their athleticism. I could see Patterson getting a chance at a MAC school or something else along those lines. Not bad for a tiny D5 school in a region certainly not known for producing D1 talent.

Return to “Football”