Why do SEO fans favor the rumor mill over facts and research?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Why do SEO fans favor the rumor mill over facts and research?

Post by Tri_State790 »

It's 2023, and we have never had easier or more efficient access to information/facts, than we have presently. So why do so many posts begin and/or end with "I heard" or "they said" or "I think" or blatant misinformation? It is almost as if the heresy and rumor mill is FAVORED over reality, facts, applicable information in seo?

I think it is an intriguing dynamic. If misinformation and rumor confirm the held bias/sentiment, any effort for fact finding ends immediately in favor of the innuendo.
And yet the very same demographic boldly utters how neighborly and friendly seo is when in truth, this demographic talks and consistently spreads rumor and falsehoods about their neighbors before they do it to anyone outside of their region.

Is there a seo aversion to Google or research or suspending the forming of a conclusion until facts are attained?

Rza1
Freshman Team

Re: Why do SEO fans favor the rumor mill over facts and research?

Post by Rza1 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:42 pm It's 2023, and we have never had easier or more efficient access to information/facts, than we have presently. So why do so many posts begin and/or end with "I heard" or "they said" or "I think" or blatant misinformation? It is almost as if the heresy and rumor mill is FAVORED over reality, facts, applicable information in seo?

I think it is an intriguing dynamic. If misinformation and rumor confirm the held bias/sentiment, any effort for fact finding ends immediately in favor of the innuendo.
And yet the very same demographic boldly utters how neighborly and friendly seo is when in truth, this demographic talks and consistently spreads rumor and falsehoods about their neighbors before they do it to anyone outside of their region.

Is there a seo aversion to Google or research or suspending the forming of a conclusion until facts are attained?

It's the same demographic dynamic in which a society can easily attain the answer to any quandary they can hope to ascertain..yet they delve into an endless stream of bookface..insta stupid an tik tok-duuhhhh... lol. I'm certain though, with your enormous vocabulary and complete grasp on the psychology of the lowly seo peons, that you are above such moronic endeavors.. I'm sure you're vast knowledge and insight is being put to much more worthy and impressive tasks.... lol. Stfu goofball.... and speaking of facts and research, your arrogant smugness leads me to surmise that you're likely having your tesla drive you to an anti fossil fuel glue-in, arm still smarting from that 7th booster... (and I found it intriguing that after posing your initial question, you began your second well crafted paragraph with,..."I think....) lol. It's 2023..!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Folks are just following the same reporting style of the mainstream corporate media.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

What they said. :)

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

People are too lazy to search for the facts. They just believe everything they see on facebook

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:35 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:42 pm It's 2023, and we have never had easier or more efficient access to information/facts, than we have presently. So why do so many posts begin and/or end with "I heard" or "they said" or "I think" or blatant misinformation? It is almost as if the heresy and rumor mill is FAVORED over reality, facts, applicable information in seo?

It's the same demographic dynamic in which a society can easily attain the answer to any quandary they can hope to ascertain..yet they delve into an endless stream of bookface..insta stupid an tik tok-duuhhhh... lol. I'm certain though, with your enormous vocabulary and complete grasp on the psychology of the lowly seo peons, that you are above such moronic endeavors.. I'm sure you're vast knowledge and insight is being put to much more worthy and impressive tasks.... lol. Stfu goofball.... and speaking of facts and research, your arrogant smugness leads me to surmise that you're likely having your tesla drive you to an anti fossil fuel glue-in, arm still smarting from that 7th booster... (and I found it intriguing that after posing your initial question, you began your second well crafted paragraph with,..."I think....) lol. It's 2023..!
To too two

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like they use words that are put in to protect themselves. The words think, heard or sometimes read can have a lawyer protect you in court.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

More fun

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Is this a joke? You think this is limited to just SEO? LOL!!

Misinformation and false data are common in every corner of the USA. Major newspapers often have to retract articles. College professors get caught falsifying research data. And politicians in Washington DC? The kings and queens of false data and misinformation.

Difference amongst the groups I mention and this forum? Those I mention cause serious issues with their spreading of rumors, misinformation, and false data. This forum is just football.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:58 am

Misinformation and false data are common in every corner of the USA. Major newspapers often have to retract articles. College professors get caught falsifying research data. And politicians in Washington DC? The kings and queens of false data and misinformation.

Difference amongst the groups I mention and this forum? Those I mention cause serious issues with their spreading of rumors, misinformation, and false data. This forum is just football.
This is the same guy with many different names. He virtual signals every chance he gets. Basically blasts southern Ohio for being dumb, uneducated, fat, unhealthy, unmotivated, racist white folks ….

Blasts our kids for being too slow, too soft , too white , to compete with anyone up north…

He claims he lives is the inner city which is a crime free paradise , a melting pot of motivative , education people from all nationalities, who have all had their 7th booster shot.

He slobbers over Ironton , until they lose , while backhanding Wheelersburg every chance he gets .

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Well, I didn't say it was limited to, you made that assumption. I simply asked why for a specific demo.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Rza1 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:35 am

I don't really like the tesla. I have a 2019 range rover rn. Is that OK? 🤣

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:44 am Folks are just following the same reporting style of the mainstream corporate media.
Where do you access news and info? What do you utilize?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Super trooper wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:54 am People are too lazy to search for the facts. They just believe everything they see on facebook
Especially in those small seo town where they all gossip about each other all day behind each other's backs but then declare publicly how "tight knit" the community is. 🤣

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

artisgilmore wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:38 am What they said. :)
What did they say?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

noreply66 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:20 pm Sounds like they use words that are put in to protect themselves. The words think, heard or sometimes read can have a lawyer protect you in court.
Alleged comes to mind.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:11 am

This is the same guy with many different names. He virtual signals every chance he gets. Basically blasts southern Ohio for being dumb, uneducated, fat, unhealthy, unmotivated, racist white folks ….

Blasts our kids for being too slow, too soft , too white , to compete with anyone up north…

He claims he lives is the inner city which is a crime free paradise , a melting pot of motivative , education people from all nationalities, who have all had their 7th booster shot.

He slobbers over Ironton , until they lose , while backhanding Wheelersburg every chance he gets .
The shoes fit. Ask better of yourselves.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:22 pm

Well, I didn't say it was limited to, you made that assumption. I simply asked why for a specific demo.
Actually you did by referring to a specific demographic. In your last line, you state “Is there a SEO aversion to Google…”

By just pointing out a “specific demo”, you are insinuating that this is a SEO problem but not a problem elsewhere.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:59 pm

Actually you did by referring to a specific demographic. In your last line, you state “Is there a SEO aversion to Google…”

By just pointing out a “specific demo”, you are insinuating that this is a SEO problem but not a problem elsewhere.
I want to know what the specific issue is here on seops. Why just rumors? How come nobody can give names and attach their identity to the claims with the names they are speaking on listed? You don't find it kinda cowardly?

Hold that for a sec. Wonder why seo folks talk about how "tight knit" their schools and communities are but 99% of the time when they are gossiping it's about their own? You see how that nature sorta stands out? I DO.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:06 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:59 pm

I want to know what the specific issue is here on seops. Why just rumors? How come nobody can give names and attach their identity to the claims with the names they are speaking on listed? You don't find it kinda cowardly?

Hold that for a sec. Wonder why seo folks talk about how "tight knit" their schools and communities are but 99% of the time when they are gossiping it's about their own? You see how that nature sorta stands out? I DO.
All communities gossip, and all gossip about their own. You might as well phrase the question as “why do people throughout the world gossip?” This is not a SEO thing.

I can only speak for myself with regards to why I don’t put names to some of the info I share. The people I get info from are connected to the schools or parents of the kids that told me in confidence.

For example: Pendleton and the Moeller job. I personally know people at the school. They told me the info in confidence and didn’t want their name plastered on social media. So I shared the truth about the Moeller job but wouldn’t share the source.

Within Burg, I know nearly everyone at the school with influence; as most of us from Burg do. They tell me stuff in confidence but don’t want their names on social media. Also have connections to some of the families of kids that play. They too don’t want their names posted on social media. There’s a number of stories I have not shared on here because it would give away a football player’s identity or the identity of the family.

Believe it or not, I usually only share the stuff that has been confirmed by multiple sources. And I try to be careful as to not give away the source.

Return to “Football”