October 6, 2023 Northwest 6 - 48 Portsmouth West

BigBlueNation
SEOP

October 6, 2023 Northwest 6 - 48 Portsmouth West

Post by BigBlueNation »

Is this game going to be played Friday or Saturday. Was told no officials for Friday.

Basketball:30
Riding the Bench

Re: West @ Northwest

Post by Basketball:30 »

Another game potentially changing dates because of lack of officials? Hrmmm, wonder why we are so short of officials in HS athletics??????

Olebud
Waterboy

Post by Olebud »

Hope they figure something out because I’m hearing they already have a band competition scheduled for Saturday evening

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

NW wishing they were still SOC I! Just like Valley and Oak Hill! If they cancel, like Oak Hill has, they should be reprimanded somehow!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:57 pm NW wishing they were still SOC I! Just like Valley and Oak Hill! If they cancel, like Oak Hill has, they should be reprimanded somehow!

No cancelling.
Last edited by bfry on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:57 pm NW wishing they were still SOC I! Just like Valley and Oak Hill! If they cancel, like Oak Hill has, they should be reprimanded somehow!
Nobody said anything about canceling. Might want to read the post again.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:27 pm
[/

Yep
Last edited by bfry on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SOC I is arguably the worst football conference in the state of Ohio. Doubt any of those schools are missing it too much.*

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm sure that the Mohawks will give it everything that they can, the simple fact is that they will just be out matched in going against Portsmouth West. Hope both teams have an injury free game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Kudos to the Northwest community for playing out the season. Back in the summer rumors were that they were gonna follow the lead of OH. Their tactics have been totally unethical.

As for the game West is getting better as the season goes along. They are working towards Wheelersburg and then the playoffs. The West coaches have class. They could’ve ran the score up in the playoff game last year and didn’t. I expect the same here.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

West gets up enough for the clock to run and preps for a big week next Friday

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:58 pm West gets up enough for the clock to run and preps for a big week next Friday

Oak Hill?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to Northwest tomorrow. They have a pretty good quarterback and their lines are absolutely huge. VC got out to a hot start last week but after the first quarter, VC only scored twice more in the final 3 frames and NW had an opportunity to score in the 4th. They definitely aren’t as bad as their 2-5 record indicates. Good luck Mohawks.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The game is to be played on Friday, Oct. 6, 2023 at NHS. Yes, we have had trouble getting refs for this game but a full crew is secured. No, nothing has been said or discussed about canceling the game.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

West comes in with a 52-3 all time record against the Mohawks. I believe someone said earlier this year this is the 2nd best win percentage against a single opponent playing over 50 times in the state of Ohio. Northwest hasn’t scored more than 7 points in the last 8 tries.

I also commend northwest for playing. I know there was rumors before the season that they would forfeit. And OH is playing the system. So hats off to the people in charge, that is teaching kids the right way.

I could actually see this game being close for a little bit. The Mohawks usually have some big tough kids. Lintz is very talented. That being said the Siders separate by halftime. Hope for an injury free game for Both teams.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:18 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:58 pm West gets up enough for the clock to run and preps for a big week next Friday

Oak Hill?
I meant Burg, I suppose I am getting old and forgetting things…

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:21 pm Good luck to Northwest tomorrow. They have a pretty good quarterback and their lines are absolutely huge. VC got out to a hot start last week but after the first quarter, VC only scored twice more in the final 3 frames and NW had an opportunity to score in the 4th. They definitely aren’t as bad as their 2-5 record indicates. Good luck Mohawks.
VC is not West. West rolls in this one.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

BigBlueNation wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:32 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:21 pm Good luck to Northwest tomorrow. They have a pretty good quarterback and their lines are absolutely huge. VC got out to a hot start last week but after the first quarter, VC only scored twice more in the final 3 frames and NW had an opportunity to score in the 4th. They definitely aren’t as bad as their 2-5 record indicates. Good luck Mohawks.
VC is not West. West rolls in this one.
You’re right. Pasture had VC beating NW by 31. They have West winning by 37.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:08 pm
SOC I is arguably the worst football conference in the state of Ohio. Doubt any of those schools are missing it too much.*
Do you really think they don’t wish they were winning games instead of taking a beating and canceling games? It might be the worst conference in Ohio, but NW was super happy winning it!

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:27 pm
Did they not cancel against Burg? I was stating those team would like to be back in the SOC I. New sentence, if they (OH) cancel…like they did with Burg, they should be reprimanded.

Return to “Football”