Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: (7-1) Gallia Academy - (7-1) Ironton

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

GA most likely playing for a 3 way tie for the league crown. Don't know if they can hang with a motivated Ironton for 4 quarters though. This one probably gets out of hand. Ironton 48-21

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

I think Gallia is athletic enough to hang around for a quarter or so. But, I believe if Ironton doesn’t shoot themselves in the foot with untimely penalties or turnovers, they put the game away quickly. They have a lot of weapons to try and defend.
Against CG last night, the first three scores were by all three units. Offense on the ground, Pick 6 by the D, and a punt return.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ironton wont have any trouble at all against GA , they win by at least 28

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Gallia is in a train for 7-2.

Rn’tn 56
GA Pretenders 7

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton will win this one big.
last year the got content and Allowed Gallia back in the game.
Won't happen this time Ironton 42-12

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Tough nite ahead for The Academy

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I like Irontons chances in this one, Gallia seems to always play us tough though.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Ironton by as many as they want. Gallia is getting worse by the week

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Ironton wins but I think it’s closer than expected because Pendleton limits the playbook on Offense/Defense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm afraid the Tigers will be a little to much for the Blue Devils. Hope it's an injury free game for both teams.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Don’t let the records & hype fool you. Ironton will dominate.

WWE HALL OF FAME
PointerHornet89
Waterboy

Post by PointerHornet89 »

Gotta go with the Tigers in this one

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Ironton is the much better football team. The Ironton discipline will be a big difference in this game. The attention to details that Coach Pendelton and his staff preach makes a ton of difference. The Ironton kids are being coached at such a high level it’s evident why college coaches are recruiting
Ironton hard.

Ironton I think should win this game big. Only chance Gallia has is if they don’t turn the ball over and force multiple Ironton turnovers. Gallia is 7-1 they easily could be 8-0 but in the huge match up with Fairland discipline hurt them. 5 turnovers in a 5 point loss makes you sick if your Gallia on top of that the end of the game with multiple penalties I don’t see Gallia keeping their composure against the talented Tigers

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

RJShifko wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am Ironton is the much better football team. The Ironton discipline will be a big difference in this game. The attention to details that Coach Pendelton and his staff preach makes a ton of difference. The Ironton kids are being coached at such a high level it’s evident why college coaches are recruiting
Ironton hard.

Ironton I think should win this game big. Only chance Gallia has is if they don’t turn the ball over and force multiple Ironton turnovers. Gallia is 7-1 they easily could be 8-0 but in the huge match up with Fairland discipline hurt them. 5 turnovers in a 5 point loss makes you sick if your Gallia on top of that the end of the game with multiple penalties I don’t see Gallia keeping their composure against the talented Tigers
What discipline? The games I have watched Ironton they are very undisciplined with constant personal fouls and turnovers. Turnovers lost them the Midland game. It has been a problem the whole Pendleton era.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:55 am
RJShifko wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:48 am Ironton is the much better football team. The Ironton discipline will be a big difference in this game. The attention to details that Coach Pendelton and his staff preach makes a ton of difference. The Ironton kids are being coached at such a high level it’s evident why college coaches are recruiting
Ironton hard.

What discipline? The games I have watched Ironton they are very undisciplined with constant personal fouls and turnovers. Turnovers lost them the Midland game. It has been a problem the whole Pendleton era.
Jealousy is an ugly thing.

These are kids playing the game. They make mistakes. I can promise Ironton staff demands discipline. I’ve seen some of the practices over last 5 years. You don’t get to state championships without discipline. The turnovers in Midland game were forced and unforced. That happens. I’ve seen Jim Tressel teams have bad games. It happens. Doesn’t mean they lack discipline

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Ironton hard.

The handful of games I have got to watch Ironton over the last several years, I would say the exact opposite. I have seen way more personal fouls and stupid penalties than I can remember seeing from anyone else in the area.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:06 pm
Ironton hard.

The handful of games I have got to watch Ironton over the last several years, I would say the exact opposite. I have seen way more personal fouls and stupid penalties than I can remember seeing from anyone else in the area.
I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:06 pm
Ironton hard.

I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.
But "yOuRe jUsT jEaLoUs" because you don't slobber all over THE Arnton Fahtin' Tahgers.

I miss when Ironton fans were quiet. Another program needs to give them a nice, long overdue humbling.

Return to “Football”