week 9 - Paden City WV (5-1) @ Beallsville (5-3)

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

week 9 - Paden City WV (5-1) @ Beallsville (5-3)

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

Both teams have chance for playoffs, but Beallsville could host a R27 first round if it can slow down the Wildcats.
Paden City clinging to 16th and final spot in WV single-A.

One interesting stat of note - the 'Cats have won only ONCE (2021) at Beallsville in the past 50 years.
Blue Devils will need stop a PC offense averaging 46 ppg. Only loss was at unbeaten Montcalm WV.

selonmc
Varsity

Re: week 9 - Paden City WV (5-1) @ Beallsville (5-3)

Post by selonmc »

Hope the Blue can prevail, but picking PC by 14.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Blue Devils got exposed last week at Weirton Madonna. Their incredibly soft schedule is now manifesting itself. While Paden City hasn't exactly played a strong schedule either, I will go with the Wildcats in this one. Since it is in Monroe County, this game will be closer than the Blue Devils game last week. I will go with Paden City by 12.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Down in the valley
Waterboy

Post by Down in the valley »

Beallsville when they were 5-1 was a paper 5-1. PC will win. They are running up scores on a very weak schedule. If they make the WV playoffs, they will get throttled week 1.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Steely Dan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:00 pm Blue Devils got exposed last week at Weirton Madonna. Their incredibly soft schedule is now manifesting itself. While Paden City hasn't exactly played a strong schedule either, I will go with the Wildcats in this one. Since it is in Monroe County, this game will be closer than the Blue Devils game last week. I will go with Paden City by 12.
Steely Dan I havent been on this site for years prior to this one… I think you are a Woodsfield guy if I remember correctly. Wouldn’t it be great to see another Beallsville v. Monroe Central game in the playoffs. Remember back in the day people stood around the field 3 deep for this game? I miss that so much

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

Montcalm whipped PC 30-0 because they ran the ball. That's all Blue Devils do right is run. The key is special teams because PC fast.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

selonmc wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:08 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:00 pm Blue Devils got exposed last week at Weirton Madonna. Their incredibly soft schedule is now manifesting itself. While Paden City hasn't exactly played a strong schedule either, I will go with the Wildcats in this one. Since it is in Monroe County, this game will be closer than the Blue Devils game last week. I will go with Paden City by 12.
Steely Dan I havent been on this site for years prior to this one… I think you are a Woodsfield guy if I remember correctly. Wouldn’t it be great to see another Beallsville v. Monroe Central game in the playoffs. Remember back in the day people stood around the field 3 deep for this game? I miss that so much
Yes, I am a Woodsfield native. If this game came to fruition, I would make the drive to Woodsfield to watch this game. And yes, those days of people being 3 deep around the field, quite a memory for me. Last MC game I came to was about 10 years ago, when Coach Schuerman was still the DC. He and I have been lifelong friends and still keep in touch. Coach Bondy is also a 40+ year friend of mine, so if this game happens, I'll be there!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Beallsville had a 20-0 lead in the first half, and a 28-20 lead in the 4th quarter, and Paden City scored 22 unanswered to win 42-28. Not sure how the Blue Devils will fare in their looonnngggg trip to Van, probably close to four hours one way by bus. Good luck to Beallsville next week.

Return to “Football”