Post by NoCouchCoach »

Eastern -54
Southern- 21

Good Luck to both teams!!!

High Fade
Waterboy

Re: Eastern Meigs @ Southern

Post by High Fade »

Willford has two monkeys on his back heading into this one. He has yet to beat Reedsville or beat a team with a winning record. Will the monkeys be lifted?

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

High Fade wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 pm Willford has two monkeys on his back heading into this one. He has yet to beat Reedsville or beat a team with a winning record. Will the monkeys be lifted?
No. Racine gonna get bareassed. Sorry, but I had to violate the gag order on this one. Hate the Tomatoes and love to tell them so. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Won’t be close.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

High Fade wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:48 pm Willford has two monkeys on his back heading into this one. He has yet to beat Reedsville or beat a team with a winning record. Will the monkeys be lifted?
Monkeys will stay put another year. We dont even have conclusive evidence that he ever learned to defend that trick play that Sammy Thompson threw at him a few years ago.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I would have to give the edge to Eastern Meigs over Racine Southern.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Tomorrow?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Since it was a nice fall night and rival game, I traveled down to watch the rival game. Don’t have a dog in the fight, just love high school football.
But eastern refusing to get off the field while southern was trying to have their senior night ceremonies is unacceptable. I get that it’s a huge rivalry but this was the last night those kids would ever suit up for their school.

I’ve had a great deal of respect for Eastern the last couple years in building up their program. but a lost a great deal last night. The adults (coaches, AD,principal,) should have stopped it and rectified the situation. High school football should be utilized to teach many things and one is sportsmanship and respect. And I didn’t see that last night.
Last edited by Fletchlives on Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leave No Doubt
Riding the Bench

Post by Leave No Doubt »

If that chunky butt midget coach from Eastern ever does that again he will feel my wrath. He got lucky this year.

LEAVE NO DOUBT, TORNADOES!
GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

What exactly happened?

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Leave No Doubt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:11 pm If that chunky butt midget coach from Eastern ever does that again he will feel my wrath. He got lucky this year.
I’m surprised that didn’t turn into a melee. Worst case of disrespect I’ve ever seen between the two schools and that’s saying a lot. But the superintendent hand picked the HC and from what I’ve heard he’s actually afraid of him. And so is the principal and AD. They let him do as he will. Makes the whole school look bad 🧔🏿

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Rumor here has coach from EHS coming to Meigs. Could D1 be headed back to Eastern? Wouldnt be the first time the two schools have traded coaches.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Jim Ryan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:16 pm
Leave No Doubt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:11 pm If that chunky butt midget coach from Eastern ever does that again he will feel my wrath. He got lucky this year.
I’m surprised that didn’t turn into a melee. Worst case of disrespect I’ve ever seen between the two schools and that’s saying a lot. But the superintendent hand picked the HC and from what I’ve heard he’s actually afraid of him. And so is the principal and AD. They let him do as he will. Makes the whole school look bad 🧔🏿
Also heard that the Eastern team attempted to ring the Southern victory bell? Combined with the issues with the senior walk... Maybe a lot more bad blood in that rivalry than I thought.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

A-Town Big Dog wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:06 pm
Jim Ryan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:16 pm
Also heard that the Eastern team attempted to ring the Southern victory bell? Combined with the issues with the senior walk... Maybe a lot more bad blood in that rivalry than I thought.
Wow. Maybe Eastern should move up to the TVC Ohio since they are so dominant in the Hocking now.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Didn’t Southern ring Eastern’s bell after winning a basketball game? Not a fan but I can see why they tried

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:51 pm Didn’t Southern ring Eastern’s bell after winning a basketball game? Not a fan but I can see why they tried
Eastern has a bell in their gym?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Dundas wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:01 am Eastern has a bell in their gym?
I’d guess the football field

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:05 am
Dundas wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:01 am Eastern has a bell in their gym?
I’d guess the football field
That’s crazy. I guess these two teams really hate each other.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

But this issue with this incident is that the adults didn’t allow the seniors to get the respect they deserved.

Return to “Football”