Name

Jericho Etok

School

Columbus Crusaders

Class

Class of 2024

Positions played

I have played RB/WR/NICKEL/DB/SS

How long have you played for the Crusaders?

I have played for them since my Freshman year

What makes playing for the Crusaders special?

They play as a team and are not selfish, the coaches care about the players and won’t put them in a position that’s going to hurt them. They try and put you in the position you will succeed at. At the same time they are making you a better player, they are making you a better man of God.

Which side of the ball do you enjoy playing the most? Explain?

This is hard because on offense I like the ball in my hands and making moves to get yards and touchdowns for my team. On defense, I like to read the offense and make big plays, whether that’s a big hit, a sack, an interception, locking up a receiver, a PBU, or a QB rush that messes up a pass. I like to make teams second-guess their reads when they play me. So I would have to say defense, but I can still dominate on both sides.

What's been your biggest achievement as an athlete?

I am invited to the US ARMY ALL AMERICAN GAME that I will be attending in December this year.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

Man, this is a good one. It was last year, I was on defense and the offense was running the ball and I think at the time our formation had me as a SS, and so I’m coming downfield full speed to try and tackle the guy and he puts one foot in the ground and I go flying. I learned my lesson about controlling my speed when attacking!

Who has been the best player you have gone up against, along with the team he played for?

There has been a lot, but the one that stuck out the most was Sam Harner from the Osceola Grace Eagles. The kid was a hard runner.

Who is the best team you have ever played against?

The best team I have played is probably the Union Local Jets

How long have you played football, and what is the biggest reason you continue to play?

I have been playing since I was 5 years old. The biggest reason I continue to play is because it’s my peace, when I’m on the field I’m at peace, yea you might lose, yea you might get anxious but that’s part of the game.

Of the road games you have played in, which stadium has had the best overall atmosphere, along with the things that made it so good?

We went to go play at The Kiski School, in Saltsburg, Pennsylvania. It was about 95 degrees that day. It came down to the last minute. Both teams were tired from the sun just beaming on us for that 48-plus minutes of intense football. There was hard-hitting, huge plays, loud crowd reactions, just everything you see in a good football game. I scored the game-winning touchdown so that just topped it off for me.

Of all the road games you have played, which stadium do you like the best?

Indiana Wesleyan’s

Do you think you and your teammates are role models for the young kids who come and watch you guys play?

Yeah, I feel we have a big impact because they are looking at us as high schoolers and seeing how it is to play at a high school level, but also how we act can pour onto them so we have to keep that in mind as well.

Have you heard from any college coaches about playing at the next level? If so, can you name a few of them?

Yes, I have. I have heard from Colgate University, Saint Francis University, EMU, Marian University, Ohio Dominican, University of Indianapolis, Indiana Wesleyan, Limestone University, Morehouse University, North America University, Calvin University(Offered), MSJ, Kentucky Christian University

Who is your favorite all-time athlete?

Deebo Samuel

What was the last book you read, and who wrote it?

The Best We Could Do - Thi Bui

What is one food that you enjoy that most others do not?

Oxtails. A lot of people say it’s nasty because they have never tried it or they don’t know about it.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 In season interview with Jericho Etok from Columbus Crusaders

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

An impressive list of colleges who are recruiting this play, especially playing for a club school in Ohio.

Return to “Football”