Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D7R27 #15 Shadyside @ #2 Beaver Eastern

Post by EasternDspy »

Is Shadyside at (3-7) the favorite here?

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

Shadyside is not very good

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

Roll Beaver Eastern Pike. Shadyside has struggled again this year like they did last year. Eastern Pike in a large margin for their first ever playoff victory at home in Beaver. Long night for the Shadyside as they make a long trip down to Pike County.

PVWC Sports Fanatic
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Beaver by 19

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Eastern by 17

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Skyrocket wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:04 am Shadyside is not very good
Beaver only beat Southern by 1. Let’s not pretend these 2 teams didn’t play drastically different schedules. Shadyside isn’t good but they do have a nice Qb. Shadyside is better than Southern

Skyrocket
Riding the Bench

Post by Skyrocket »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:24 pm
Beaver only beat Southern by 1. Let’s not pretend these 2 teams didn’t play drastically different schedules. Shadyside isn’t good but they do have a nice Qb. Shadyside is better than Southern
I could not even tell you where Beaver Eastern is located. I didn't bother to look and see who they played.
So I am not pretending lol .
I have seen Shadyside play and that's what I based my statement on.
You are correct about Shadyside, there qb is there best athlete. There numbers are down from previous years

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

What does Southern have to do with anything were they a common opponent for the 2?? Nope. Did Eastern play a tough schedule absolutely not but they did play and beat more teams with a winning record than Shadyside. Shadyside had some tough games on their schedule but when you walk out and get steamed rolled by those teams not exactly something to brag about in terms of your schedule. Shadyside has won 3 games each of the last 2 seasons and just like this season Shadyside didn't beat anyone and got steam rolled. I think where the 2 differ and what could possibly keep Shadyside in this one is simply playoff experience Eastern Pike doesn't have the 1st win yet and Shadyside was just in the regional finals just 2 years ago those things can go a long ways. I think with the senior heavy team on the LOS that Eastern Pike can take this one, if Shadyside has a QB that is athletic he could cause some problems if he's able to throw it. We'll see what happens until Eastern Pike gets that 1st playoff win I think most will have doubts even if they are the #2 seed. Let's give EP their first ever playoff win but in a close one 27-20.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 pm
What does Southern have to do with anything were they a common opponent for the 2?? Nope. Did Eastern play a tough schedule absolutely not but they did play and beat more teams with a winning record than Shadyside. Shadyside had some tough games on their schedule but when you walk out and get steamed rolled by those teams not exactly something to brag about in terms of your schedule. Shadyside has won 3 games each of the last 2 seasons and just like this season Shadyside didn't beat anyone and got steam rolled. I think where the 2 differ and what could possibly keep Shadyside in this one is simply playoff experience Eastern Pike doesn't have the 1st win yet and Shadyside was just in the regional finals just 2 years ago those things can go a long ways. I think with the senior heavy team on the LOS that Eastern Pike can take this one, if Shadyside has a QB that is athletic he could cause some problems if he's able to throw it. We'll see what happens until Eastern Pike gets that 1st playoff win I think most will have doubts even if they are the #2 seed. Let's give EP their first ever playoff win but in a close one 27-20.

Eastern is at home they should be favored. I was just saying people are looking at the seeds and think this will be a blowout. I was saying they didn’t blowout Southern so why would they blowout Shadyside. Shadyside has been awful they have no depth.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:28 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:46 pm

Eastern is at home they should be favored. I was just saying people are looking at the seeds and think this will be a blowout. I was saying they didn’t blowout Southern so why would they blowout Shadyside. Shadyside has been awful they have no depth.
Understandable but Southern also played 5 out of 10 teams with winning records so they had that going for them, EP has a roster of like 22-23 maybe so it's not like they're rocking the depth either. EP starters are tough across the board with no real hole in their roster but as mentioned depth isn't there, it's DVII tough to have really in this area.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Eastern didn't blow out Southern because there were several injuries and a plethora of illnesses that game. Pretty sure Eastern played with like 15 kids that night, and the majority of them were overcoming a bad illness that spread through the team that week. They were weakened and in rough shape. Not an excuse for the defense to give up that many points, but certainly explains why they weren't at 100%.

Everyone has focused on SOC1 schools like Notre Dame and Green playing with such low numbers. Eastern has been in the same boat all year. They play with 21 in uniform, but only about 16 get regular playing time, including about 4 freshmen. The others are young and/or inexperienced but may get some time if the score allows for it.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Lots of excitement down in Beaver land in getting to host their first playoff game. Not only do I hope, but I'll give the nod to Pike Eastern over Shadyside in this first round game.

allaboutsports
Riding the Bench

Post by allaboutsports »

Good Luck to Eastern. The kids worked hard all year I hope you all win the state title. To go 10-0 is a huge achievement that 99% people on here can’t say they did.
Great job and wish you all the best.

Bleacher_coach
Waterboy

Post by Bleacher_coach »

Anyone know if this game will be live-streamed?
Last edited by Bleacher_coach on Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bleacher_coach
Waterboy

Post by Bleacher_coach »

Is this game being live-streamed?

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Definitely not the Shadyside of old that Paint Valley run into a few years back, sounds like Eastern should handle business

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

Easterns secondary will be key as well as containing the QB. I'm not sure what Notre Dame's QB finished with when they played Eastern but it was a lot. Saying that though Notre Dame took the L just as every other team that has played them this year. Eastern by 2 touchdowns.

onewayoranother
Waterboy

Post by onewayoranother »

I'll take Shadyside in this one!

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Can someone be nice and tell everyone asking if it’s live streamed?

Return to “Football”