October 27, 2023 Jackson 49 - 14 Marietta

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: D3 R 11 Marietta @ #4 Jackson

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Ironmen on your win over Marietta yesterday evening. Probably no secret that a lot of those penalties that occurred in this game against the Tigers, will most certainly need to be cleaned up before facing an opponent like Bloom Carroll in the second round.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Sad that the OHSAA is so greedy that they put kids on a bus for 2+ hours in some instances to make money and many of these games are running clocks. 8-12 team playoffs is way more then enough And Daddy not tell me my kid got to play 1 more game. Almost to the point of physical and mental abuse for these players !

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

E High wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:20 am Sad that the OHSAA is so greedy that they put kids on a bus for 2+ hours in some instances to make money and many of these games are running clocks. 8-12 team playoffs is way more then enough And Daddy not tell me my kid got to play 1 more game. Almost to the point of physical and mental abuse for these players !
Agreed E High, the physical and mental toll these extra games have on these kids is nothing short of abuse. It's just too much. Time to cut back the regular season to 8 or 9 games and do away with the playoffs. Let the sportswriters decide the champions like they did when all the whiny, old codgers on here played ball.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:59 am
E High wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:20 am Sad that the OHSAA is so greedy that they put kids on a bus for 2+ hours in some instances to make money and many of these games are running clocks. 8-12 team playoffs is way more then enough And Daddy not tell me my kid got to play 1 more game. Almost to the point of physical and mental abuse for these players !
Agreed E High, the physical and mental toll these extra games have on these kids is nothing short of abuse. It's just too much. Time to cut back the regular season to 8 or 9 games and do away with the playoffs. Let the sportswriters decide the champions like they did when all the whiny, old codgers on here played ball.
I don’t have a problem with the playoffs. 8 -12 teams and most will only play 3 extra games. I’ve been calling for 9 week season for a while. Probably not going to happen

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

I don't agree that it's "physical or mental abuse", but I do agree that the reason for the 16-team playoff brackets in every region (even in regions with only 17 teams) is strictly due to OHSAA greed. The fact of the matter is that making the playoffs in Ohio means far less than it used to, when teams with losing records can make it. These teams then get annihilated by the top seeds.

Pennsylvania got it right when they changed PIAA playoffs. Each district (our region) in each classification's total # of seeds is determined by the total amount of teams in the district. There are some brackets with 12 or 16, and some with 8 or 4. It works itself out nicely and making the playoffs still means a lot. Ohio should do something similar.

Feedme#2WarrenFB
Freshman Team

Post by Feedme#2WarrenFB »

Let’s keep it real !! 10 games is real football quit trying to baby the new athletes hell they don’t even practice in 90 degree weather anymore and wonder why our kids can’t take the heat anymore and deal with cramps !! Crazy how weak high school football is getting and losing kids because they can’t take the heat or worried about getting hurt or a concussion… Also why soccer is a growing sport and taking numbers away from football and in some cases shutting high school football down!

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:51 am I don't agree that it's "physical or mental abuse", but I do agree that the reason for the 16-team playoff brackets in every region (even in regions with only 17 teams) is strictly due to OHSAA greed. The fact of the matter is that making the playoffs in Ohio means far less than it used to, when teams with losing records can make it. These teams then get annihilated by the top seeds.

Pennsylvania got it right when they changed PIAA playoffs. Each district (our region) in each classification's total # of seeds is determined by the total amount of teams in the district. There are some brackets with 12 or 16, and some with 8 or 4. It works itself out nicely and making the playoffs still means a lot. Ohio should do something similar.
I like this idea a lot, and I agree that 16 takes away from the meaning of making the playoffs. I don’t see the OHSAA changing the format any time soon, though. But, if tickets stay at $15 for playoff games, attendance is going to go through the floor. That may offset profits enough to where they are in the same spot financially as the 8 team format, which could maybe prompt a change.

SE0PScommenter
Riding the Bench

Post by SE0PScommenter »

Why isn't there a Jackson/Bloom-Carroll thread??

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

SE0PScommenter wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:23 pm Why isn't there a Jackson/Bloom-Carroll thread??
Start one. SEOPScommenter can be SEOPSthreadstarter. :D

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Good luck Jackson

Return to “Football”