Fans Complaining About Transfers

Tri_State790
Varsity

Re: Fans Complaining About Transfers

Post by Tri_State790 »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:18 pm RBH23, Living in cincy you are also aware that there is some cases of Peter robbing Paul ( Catholic to Catholic transfer ). You are also aware the schools outside the city are benefiting big time. People are flocking to Mason and West Chester because of their school system as well as their athletics. Lakota West have had several transfers including one committed to play for our Irish next year.
Im glad you brought up education because if parents have a chance to send their child to one of the bigger Catholic schools thru the benefit of the Ed choice program its a no brainer. Top notch education plus athletics paves the way.
Sounds like a Lotta "transfers" and "recruits" to me lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Idk why academics is a part of the discussion on a football thread.

I researched how many of the top ten to 20 academic high schools are in Ohio. Lol

Guess how many? 🤣

Sidenote: my kids Alma mater in Northern Virginia ( dmv) made the top 20. I didn't see anything in Ohio. Matter fact Ohio as a state doesn't grade very well lol

Academics isn't your strength Ohio. Lolol
Ohio barely scrapes inside the top 30 in the nation. No Ohio schools are academic schools lmao
Our public schools in Nova grade better academically than the privates in Ohio. Lmao
Ohio doesn't care about academics lol. Virtue signaling. Let's kids go where they want Ohio you are not preparing your kids academically as it is.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:13 pm
RBH23 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:06 am
CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:26 am 💯

Treating high school sports as a job is setting the kids up for failure. What incentive does a high school QB getting NIL money have to study in class? Is the school really going to declare him academically ineligible?

Now let’s suppose he goes to a school like Ironton that will graduate a kid that can read or do basic math (yes, this did happen under Lutz), what chance does he have in college even if he does get an athletic scholarship?

His entire future is being wagered in the hopes that this kid miraculously goes pro and has a decent career. Education/trades school should come first, sports second.

As for southern schools being ahead of Ohio on this topic, this focus on athletics and disregard for education is a major problem in the south. It’s why all the SEC and ACC schools pack Cincy high schools recruiting kids who academically can cut it at the next level. These schools offer northern kids incredible academic scholarships. Why? Because the public schools in the south are atrocious.
College = debt and for most kids a useless degree.

Get the bag. Open up the NIL. Who cares about a degree if you can get money. Let the less talented kids go into debt and owe their lives to big education so they can go be a nameless cog for a billion dollar corporation.

And my daughter is in her 2nd year pre med at wvu.

Unless ya going to school to be an engineer or a physician or an attorney the debt isn't worth it. Get the bag.
Who said college is the only option? The trades pay extremely well. Example: a 20 year old with a two year aviation mechanics power plant cert can start at $35/hr at a minimum. Can make close to $100k per year with overtime. How many Ironton football players have been paid that for playing football?

There are lots of degrees and tech skills that pay really good money and that don’t require debt to complete. And many of these jobs pay good money; six figures +

As for high school kids receiving NIL, that is loaded with problems. As a stated before, who’s going to declare this kid academically ineligible if he can’t make grades? Does the school just ignore education all together? Then what happens to this college if he can even get that far? Or if he gets hurt? No skills, no education…. Even worse, since he’s been pushed through school because of his athletic ability, he lacks the skills to do anything else. I know schools like Ironton did this to athletes in the past (as did other schools), but adding NIL money to this makes the matter worse.

You are cheering on the demise of football but don’t even realize it.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:02 pm Idk why academics is a part of the discussion on a football thread.

I researched how many of the top ten to 20 academic high schools are in Ohio. Lol

Guess how many? 🤣

Sidenote: my kids Alma mater in Northern Virginia ( dmv) made the top 20. I didn't see anything in Ohio. Matter fact Ohio as a state doesn't grade very well lol

Academics isn't your strength Ohio. Lolol
Ohio barely scrapes inside the top 30 in the nation. No Ohio schools are academic schools lmao
Our public schools in Nova grade better academically than the privates in Ohio. Lmao
Ohio doesn't care about academics lol. Virtue signaling. Let's kids go where they want Ohio you are not preparing your kids academically as it is.
I’ll let the Yale and Harvard recruiters that come to my kids’ school know that. Tell them that they are wasting their time 🤦‍♂️

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:00 pm
TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 2:18 pm RBH23, Living in cincy you are also aware that there is some cases of Peter robbing Paul ( Catholic to Catholic transfer ). You are also aware the schools outside the city are benefiting big time. People are flocking to Mason and West Chester because of their school system as well as their athletics. Lakota West have had several transfers including one committed to play for our Irish next year.
Im glad you brought up education because if parents have a chance to send their child to one of the bigger Catholic schools thru the benefit of the Ed choice program its a no brainer. Top notch education plus athletics paves the way.
Sounds like a Lotta "transfers" and "recruits" to me lol
Reading comprehension not your strong suit.

Yes, catholic schools do recruit. He mentioned a few transfers to Lakota West, but families move to West Chester and Mason for the academics. Often times, these schools lose their best athletes to the catholic schools. Mason coaches rail against the recruiting.

Return to “Football”