November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

packers80
SE

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by packers80 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm Ptown belongs and I've been an advocate for years. Let bygones be bygones and make it happen before my death
Correct. PHS is good for all sports, boys and girls alike in SOC 2.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:22 pm Ptown belongs and I've been an advocate for years. Let bygones be bygones and make it happen before my death
In the past they were considered a bigger school fast forward to present they will never get into soc poor academics, undisciplined, and they proved last night they are still a bunch of thugs and their fan base was acting in the same manner booing during Wheelersburgs Alma mater, standing at the entrance of the parking lot taunting fans coming to the game way to stay classy Portsmouth

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Footballfan96 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:15 pm
In the past they were considered a bigger school fast forward to present they will never get into soc poor academics, undisciplined, and they proved last night they are still a bunch of thugs and their fan base was acting in the same manner booing during Wheelersburgs Alma mater, standing at the entrance of the parking lot taunting fans coming to the game way to stay classy Portsmouth
I've lived the history. They belong.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

You’re an idiot just wanting to start drama, or maybe racist? A bunch of thugs lol, let’s not act like Burg was innocent last night. They had at least 2 personal fouls, a sideline warning, multiple kids jawing and some cheap shots as well. Not a single person booed during the Burg alma mater, I was right in the thick of it. Didn’t stand for it, why would we? We don’t care about Burg or their alma mater. There were no fans taunting as people came into the parking lot. It was a guy and 2 children with signs wanting people (Portsmouth fans) to honk in support. Way to spin a narrative though asshat.

TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:55 pm
You’re an idiot just wanting to start drama, or maybe racist? A bunch of thugs lol, let’s not act like Burg was innocent last night. They had at least 2 personal fouls, a sideline warning, multiple kids jawing and some cheap shots as well. Not a single person booed during the Burg alma mater, I was right in the thick of it. Didn’t stand for it, why would we? We don’t care about Burg or their alma mater. There were no fans taunting as people came into the parking lot. It was a guy and 2 children with signs wanting people (Portsmouth fans) to honk in support. Way to spin a narrative though asshat.
I came to say, we must’ve been at two different games.
Burg most certainly had their share of drama stirring, but the second man is usually the one that gets caught though.
Actually is anyone was a thug, it was probably the couple adults, that stood in the midst of Portsmouth’s crowd (mostly women and children) talking trash and making comments about Heiland and calling him anything other than his name.

Footballfan96
Waterboy

Post by Footballfan96 »

I’m sorry you guys got butt hurt over talking trash all week and acting like morons in the parking lot and in the stands not to mention getting your butts handed to you have some class act like you guys have been in playoffs before it’s bad when west has more class then you guys and I don’t expect you guys to stand for our traditions that’s ok but whoever had the airborne and microphone was booing once again you guys need to realize you phs will never be relevant again till you guys clean up your act

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Footballfan96 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:38 am

I’m sorry you guys got butt hurt over talking trash all week and acting like morons in the parking lot and in the stands not to mention getting your butts handed to you have some class act like you guys have been in playoffs before it’s bad when west has more class then you guys and I don’t expect you guys to stand for our traditions that’s ok but whoever had the airborne and microphone was booing once again you guys need to realize you phs will never be relevant again till you guys clean up your act
Once again you’re an idiot who is spitting out bullshit. None of what you’re saying happened lol. You want to paint a narrative because you’re racist, ignorant or just flat out a hater, maybe even jealous for some reason? Didn’t hear any horns during your silly song, but if so get over it band boy. I’d say Portsmouth is pretty relevant. That gate was something you guys wish you could still have every other year. Don’t think you’re getting that from “scheduling up”.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Portsmouth football has a tradition of acting like thugs and showing no class going back decades. In 1992, after beating Burg at home, a handful of Portsmouth players, instead of celebrating with their teammates, ran across the field to dance around in front of the Burg fans, yell out insults, while flipping them off.

Another game in the 90’s, Portsmouth’s best back spent most of the game not focused on playing but on obscene hand gestures towards the Burg fans while he was on the field! Have a number of other stories, all related to the football program. Some with the basketball team as well, but not nearly as bad as football.

Only school worse in this category was Portsmouth West. From throwing rocks at our buses to cheerleaders acting the fools at the end of games, their antics covered all sports and at every level; too many stories to even tell. I believe at one point West held the record for most personal foul penalties in a state title game. Big shock!!

On the other end of the spectrum were Waverly and Ironton. We had some big games against both, but the players never acted like West or Portsmouth. They played hard but were much more disciplined and focused on the game; not the childhood antics displayed by other programs.

So you can try to make this out to be “racist” but this has nothing to do with race. All about culture and discipline of the program.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

I don't think the comment has a racial tone BUT that "thugs" word is a racist dog whistle. So maybe a different choice of words would be better.

That said, being a non white reader and content contributor on seops and being originally from seo the unfortunate truth about being a non white athlete in Southern Ohio is when ya running the ball for seo fans favorite school on Friday night they love you. But by that following Tuesday, you are a ****** again. We know and that's basically enough said.

However, no racism can be attributed to burg solely. It's all of seo.

I do however wanna note: there's been more than one occasion on seops where burg and Ironton fans have had racist remarks about Harvest Prep. I recall them saying Preps hc "dresses like a pimp" and calling Prep kids "thugs" and last year there was some weird false accusation made against prep players and it was absolutely racially motivated per what was being said. Same dog whistles. "Thug" "pimp" etc etc.

Same type of demo that tells LeBron to "shut up and dribble" but won't say a word about Brett Favre scamming poor people. Smh.

Just be more aware of one another folks. Keep it football. None of these kids are "thugs." Most of ya never met a real thug and would piss ya pants if you did.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

That’s one of the great things about the internet and one of the worst things about the internet…everyone can have their voice heard, unfortunately the loudest are usually dip💩’s

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I agree with the thugs comment, in that the real deal won't carry signs and bullhorn.

I'm finding it difficult to believe there is a systemic issue coming out of Ptown. We'd be reading about this weekly if it were the case.

Just guessing, the actions of a few were probably the results of some taking old war stories (games of yesteryear) and wanting to make it about them instead of the game.

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actions of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:47 pm I agree with the thugs comment, in that the real deal won't carry signs and bullhorn.

I'm finding it difficult to believe there is a systemic issue coming out of Ptown. We'd be reading about this weekly if it were the case.

Just guessing, the actions of a few were probably the results of some taking old war stories (games of yesteryear) and wanting to make it about them instead of the game.

I can't blame an entire community for the actions of a few, just like I can't blame an entire region as being racists because of the actions of a few. I'm sure there are instances of both but but being systemic is a stretch.
Yup. I'd rather just talk about football myself.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:47 pm I agree with the thugs comment, in that the real deal won't carry signs and bullhorn.

Something else worth noting: burg fans so often on seops try to talk down on Ironton and portsmouth about academics and quality of life and its silly. First off, this Is a football thread, not a spelling b thread. And secondly, the town of wheelersburg is just as poor and riddled with opiate and methamphetamine addiction as anywhere else in seo. And Wheelersburgs avg demo is 40s and male just like Ironton and Portsmouth AND the average income for Burg residents is really low just like Ironton or Portsmouth. The superiority inferences are wild to me especially the academic inferences. Wheeelrsburg creates so many good students must be why burgs average median income is so low. Just like Ironton or Portsmouth. Smart and broke. Lol.

These towns are reflections of one another.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:50 pm

Something else worth noting: burg fans so often on seops try to talk down on Ironton and portsmouth about academics and quality of life and its silly. First off, this Is a football thread, not a spelling b thread. And secondly, the town of wheelersburg is just as poor and riddled with opiate and methamphetamine addiction as anywhere else in seo. And Wheelersburgs avg demo is 40s and male just like Ironton and Portsmouth AND the average income for Burg residents is really low just like Ironton or Portsmouth. The superiority inferences are wild to me especially the academic inferences. Wheeelrsburg creates so many good students must be why burgs average median income is so low. Just like Ironton or Portsmouth. Smart and broke. Lol.

median household income per census 2017-2021
Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Not all of seo is racist.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

fbnut wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:20 pm

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%
My point being. I live in Great Falls Virginia.

For perspective:
$353,259 average household income
45.52% have a graduate degree

Nobody in Burg needs to be bragging about your sociological or financial well being over Ironton or Portsmouth. All 3 are doing a poor job and your youth deserve alot better. You're all basically a replica of one another.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:26 pm Not all of seo is racist.
Correct. There are no absolutes

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:38 pm

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

Nobody in Burg needs to be bragging about your sociological or financial well being over Ironton or Portsmouth. All 3 are doing a poor job and your youth deserve alot better. You're all basically a replica of one another.
Wow we have more residents with a graduate degree than Burg Ironton or portsmouth have with an associate degree. Lol. - This is why burg fans need to stop acting so righteous on here. Nothing special about your community. You're not superior to Ironton or Portsmouth. You're all the same mostly. It looks corny, classist, and bigoted when you do it. But mostly amusing because you are not what you project your community to be. Lol AT ALL.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:42 pm

Portsmouth 34,183
Ironton 38,054
The Burg 57.485
Bachelors or higher
Portsmouth 15%
Ironton 18%
The Burg 32%

For perspective:

Wow we have more residents with a graduate degree than Burg Ironton or portsmouth have with an associate degree. Lol. - This is why burg fans need to stop acting so righteous on here. Nothing special about your community. You're not superior to Ironton or Portsmouth. You're all the same mostly. It looks corny, classist, and bigoted when you do it. But mostly amusing because you are not what you project your community to be. Lol AT ALL.
Per the demos a lot of you are broke. Lol. Why try to boost yaselves off the back of ya neighbors on a highschool football thread? Why does the burg base do this? It's really corny. You lose a game and start judging Ironton or whoever based on academics? Lol. Nothing special about burgs academics at all. You need to travel more if you think so.

Don't do that. Smh

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:50 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:42 pm

For perspective:

Per the demos a lot of you are broke. Lol. Why try to boost yaselves off the back of ya neighbors on a highschool football thread? Why does the burg base do this? It's really corny. You lose a game and start judging Ironton or whoever based on academics? Lol. Nothing special about burgs academics at all. You need to travel more if you think so.

Don't do that. Smh
I mean just off rip we have more elementary kids who are at least bilingual than Burg has residents. Lol. Academics? 🤣 🤣 🤣 burg fans should feel very corny when they try this pathetic angle.

Return to “Football”