November 3, 2023 Ironton 37 - 28 Heath

paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Re: Heath @ Ironton

Post by paulwheeler »

I believe Ironton needs to run the ball more to give their linemen a feel for the game. I also think their QB and backs are too far off the ball. It is hard for a linemen to hold his block when the back is 8 yards off the ball. Good luck this week!

a-trainsalomone
Riding the Bench

Post by a-trainsalomone »

Great game between 2 excellent teams but I am going to have to select Ironton 56-32.

PVWC Sports Fanatic
CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Ironton looked good against a bad team this week. I’m interested in seeing if they can keep the momentum moving forward. I noticed they had taken a lot of the #1’s out after the first quarter. Hopefully the starters are not rusty from lack of reps.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

CrackBack46 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:03 pm Ironton looked good against a bad team this week. I’m interested in seeing if they can keep the momentum moving forward. I noticed they had taken a lot of the #1’s out after the first quarter. Hopefully the starters are not rusty from lack of reps.
#NoRust2Tuff

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CrackBack46 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:03 pm Ironton looked good against a bad team this week. I’m interested in seeing if they can keep the momentum moving forward. I noticed they had taken a lot of the #1’s out after the first quarter. Hopefully the starters are not rusty from lack of reps.
Ironton has a really good starting line up on both sides of the ball but 98% of them play a lot both ways. So why risk injury in a game that probably the jv could of won.

As far as this game, I really don’t see heath as a threat. I think this eventually gets to a running clock. I thought they might be a dark horse but west could of beat them. Barnesville now becomes the dark horse.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Ironton has the talent to blow the game open.

But do they have the discipline, technique, & execution?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'll take the Tigers over Heath in this second round matchup.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Did ironton make a qb switch? I didn’t see Thacker playing but shreck playing qb. Unless they pulled the starter early. I caught the game late

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Switched

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Long bus ride for heath 2 weeks in a row. They'll hang for a bit but I-town wins it convincingly.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Ironton played good considering their starting rb/lb (williams) and wr/lb (pittman) was out hurt this game. I think they’re a better team with shrek at qb and thacker at TE. I would have liked for this switch to happen earlier in the season for the reps

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Saw Heath a couple of times, would take them lightly.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

BigSpoon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 am Ironton played good considering their starting rb/lb (williams) and wr/lb (pittman) was out hurt this game. I think they’re a better team with shrek at qb and thacker at TE. I would have liked for this switch to happen earlier in the season for the reps
This...

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

callie15 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:04 am Saw Heath a couple of times, would take them lightly.
So they aren't good? Never saw it put that way. But yes I think Ironton will eventually pull away

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

BigSpoon wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:46 am Ironton played good considering their starting rb/lb (williams) and wr/lb (pittman) was out hurt this game. I think they’re a better team with shrek at qb and thacker at TE. I would have liked for this switch to happen earlier in the season for the reps
I like the move. Thacker is a monster at DE and TE. His speed and being 6’4 He's going to be a nightmare for a LB to cover him. Biggs is a really good QB and pretty much is a clone to Thacker at QB.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

100% Agree.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Heath has a solid win over a strong D4 Licking Valley team and respectable losses to 11-0 Granville and 10-1 Norwayne. I don’t think Heath has enough to defeat the mighty tigers but I definitely think this game will be closer than expected. Ironton may pull away late but I have this as a 2 score game for the majority and if the Tigers aren’t on their game this could be a potential upset alert. I’ll take Ironton by 17.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Them thar recruitments have one, maybe two more wins before the real ohioen power house step in da scene

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Good luck to Ironton.

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

I look for this game to be a tight one. If Ironton needs a 6-8 minute drive with the game on the line, can they do it?

Return to “Football”