November 3, 2023 Ironton 37 - 28 Heath

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Heath @ Ironton

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:57 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:43 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:18 pm Sloppy tale of two half's A win is a win no doubt ugly but it is a win.
HP next.
I'll give Heath this they came to play and gave Ironton all they wanted.
Defense finally stepped up when needed.
Closer than it should have been but penalties has been a problem all year is still a problem.
I guess to be a good fan I have to pretend we are perfect. I suppose in seo to be loyal you need to lie and patronize. Smh.

Amazing how just talking about the game in real time unbiasedly is interpreted in seo. Man it's why I almost miss seo sometimes but then ehh nah not so much lol
Agree with that sentiment.

Btw, what happened in the I-town game? Tuned out at half assuming IHS and Burg games were basically over. Shocked by the final Heath-IHS score.

Heath’s leading rusher scored on the 2nd play of last drive b4 half.

IronTon had played lights out on both sides of ball until then, even with Penalties.

Heath received ball after HT & scored!
Ironton lost all it’s 1st half domination & MoJo & let QB & TB of Heath run the field and scoreboard up.

IHS continued to have penalties to aid Heath.

Finally Johnson got his 2nd int/ for IHS & Scary Terry romped in from 45-yards out to seal the win!

IhS OFFENSE & D was very impressive first half & then got Over confident, IMO after HT.

HEATH WASA VERY GOOD TEAM, in response to poster that keeps saying they were not. Look at their schedule & scores & they are a top 5 D5 most improved squad on Bruce Monnin’s site.

If IHS IS EVER COMPLETE AS A 4 quarter & well executed team, they would be very very GOOD!

IHS STOPPED GROWING & improving since week 2, even week 3.

Only way to wake these boys up to prep them FOR H- PREP is to play a team like Heath, NOT PortsMouth, MinFord,& Portsmouth W like last year, IMO..

Keep pushing tigers. Toughen up! Tighten Up & Keep keeping on!!!

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:33 pm

I guess to be a good fan I have to pretend we are perfect. I suppose in seo to be loyal you need to lie and patronize. Smh.

Amazing how just talking about the game in real time unbiasedly is interpreted in seo. Man it's why I almost miss seo sometimes but then ehh nah not so much lol

Btw, what happened in the I-town game? Tuned out at half assuming IHS and Burg games were basically over. Shocked by the final Heath-IHS score.

IronTon had played lights out on both sides of ball until then, even with Penalties.

Ironton lost all it’s 1st half domination & MoJo & let QB & TB of Heath run the field and scoreboard up.

Finally Johnson got his 2nd int/ for IHS & Scary Terry romped in from 45-yards out to seal the win!

IhS OFFENSE & D was very impressive first half & then got Over confident, IMO after HT.

HEATH WASA VERY GOOD TEAM, in response to poster that keeps saying they were not. Look at their schedule & scores & they are a top 5 D5 most improved squad on Bruce Monnin’s site.

If IHS IS EVER COMPLETE AS A 4 quarter & well executed team, they would be very very GOOD!

Only way to wake these boys up to prep them FOR H- PREP is to play a team like Heath, NOT PortsMouth, MinFord,& Portsmouth W like last year, IMO..

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo
As I told P-West posters before last week’s game: this is not the same Heath team Burg play 4-5 years ago. They have a nice team this year.

IHS won, and now the playoffs get serious. HP-IHS should be an interesting game. I think IHS will pull out the win, but any of the four remaining teams can win this region. No easy wins going forward.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

fielddaddy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:18 pm Sloppy tale of two half's A win is a win no doubt ugly but it is a win.
HP next.
Closer than it should have been but penalties has been a problem all year is still a problem.

I'm not complaining Ironton won.
I'm just saying they need to get the penalties under control.
Heath is a good team their TB was very talented as was their QB.
But holding calls and illegal procedure are unforced errors and they been doing them all year long.
This is a very talented team.
A win is a win I just wish they could cut down on the penalties 12 is quite a few to have.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

fielddaddy wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:10 am
HP next.

I'm not complaining Ironton won.
I'm just saying they need to get the penalties under control.
Heath is a good team their TB was very talented as was their QB.
But holding calls and illegal procedure are unforced errors and they been doing them all year long.
This is a very talented team.
A win is a win I just wish they could cut down on the penalties 12 is quite a few to have.
It's excessive and habitual and eventually it'll burn ya. I agree.

Old Time Tiger
Waterboy

Post by Old Time Tiger »

Few observations from last night, and most have already been posted here..
Heath was a good team, with a good qb and really good rb.. Should they have been around @ end of the game.. NO..
You do not go up 24-0 and let in get to a 3 point game, if you're championship caliber..

12 penalties is ridiculous, Pendelton says he wants an aggressive Team but illegal shifts, off-sides, holding.. those are on the coaching staff to clean up , these have been going on all year..

I still think Schrek gives us the better chance to win, I just wish the move would have been made sooner..

The mark ofa g ood team is one that improves from week 1 on to end of season, this team has not improved , and that rests on the HC's shoulders..

Get the ball to Terry every 2-3 plays, find ways to get him in space.. That again is on the HC's shoulders..
Good luck next week.. Go Big I
I

Kickrocks
Waterboy

Post by Kickrocks »

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo
I don't understand the need to dis teams like West, Portsmouth or Minford. Take your win and be happy about but there's no need to bad mouth other programs.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:40 pm

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo
As I told P-West posters before last week’s game: this is not the same Heath team Burg play 4-5 years ago. They have a nice team this year.

IHS won, and now the playoffs get serious. HP-IHS should be an interesting game. I think IHS will pull out the win, but any of the four remaining teams can win this region. No easy wins going forward.
Obviously Heath was vastly improved…that’s an insane turnaround from last year.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

CoachRock06
Waterboy

Post by CoachRock06 »

522Pirate wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:12 pm

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo

Obviously Heath was vastly improved…that’s an insane turnaround from last year.
Hats off to Heath and Good Luck to Ironton the rest of the way!

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo

I grade Ironton out per their stated goals. The stated goal is state title. So every game I grade them in comparison to Perry, Kirtland, Coldwater, etc etc. That is the standard they have to meet each week to win a title and THAT is their stated goal. So THAT is the spectrum I grade them out on. I think it's fair.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:11 am

# untIlwegetthere
#GoTgo

I grade Ironton out per their stated goals. The stated goal is state title. So every game I grade them in comparison to Perry, Kirtland, Coldwater, etc etc. That is the standard they have to meet each week to win a title and THAT is their stated goal. So THAT is the spectrum I grade them out on. I think it's fair.
Agree. IHS and Burg should be striving to achieve that. Those programs are at a different level.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:49 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:11 am

Agree. IHS and Burg should be striving to achieve that. Those programs are at a different level.
These programs in seo SAY they want titles but when you grade them out per that standard and expectation people in seo get very sensitive.

Return to “Football”