SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 12 : Waterford @ Beaver Eastern

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford wins on a 4th down stop on the 5

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waterford will get that Caldwell rematch.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Penalties especially holding beat Eastern tonight they can only blame themselves

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

Refs are flag happy against the Eagles tonight. Holding flags left and right on a college recruit who is not holding. A lot of stupid penalties, don’t get me wrong. But this is not a good crew.

Eagles turn the ball over on downs on the wildcat 4 with 55 seconds left.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

GoIrish wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:43 pm Refs are flag happy against the Eagles tonight. Holding flags left and right on a college recruit who is not holding. A lot of stupid penalties, don’t get me wrong. But this is not a good crew.

Eagles turn the ball over on downs on the wildcat 4 with 55 seconds left.
Waterford had a ton of penalties to.

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I saw plenty of Waterford holding that wasn’t called.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Let's not blame this on the refs. Drops lots jersey grabbing some bad play calls and missed tackles had just as much to do with it.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

67 got called for holding for pancake blocks!🙈🙈🙈🙈
Absolutely unreal!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

GoIrish wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:48 pm I saw plenty of Waterford holding that wasn’t called.
Don’t blame games on refs. Act like you’ve been here before.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

bucknuts09 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:50 pm 67 got called for holding for pancake blocks!🙈🙈🙈🙈
Absolutely unreal!
You say “pancakes” others say tackles, which you know, isn’t legal for an offensive lineman.

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Ok happens every Saturday and Sunday! The refs legit can call holding every play if they wanted and just seemed lopsided this evening! Congrats to Eastern on a great season!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Eastern was flagged for 14 penalties, no idea what Waterford was called for but I'm guessing they were pushing that double digit mark as well half of the penalties came against 1 player along the line. I know it's easy to blame officials and they're a scape goat and there was some questionable calls, but in the end Watorford facing what 3rd and 17 or so and they find a WR wide open down field for the first down. On Waterford's final drive to take the lead they had to drive down and score a TD, defense had plenty of opportunities to make a play but didn't. I thought the 15 yarder on 67 was a pretty bogus call as his celebration wasn't directed at or towards any player on Waterford's team, but #13 for Waterford was also assessed a 15 yarder during that same drive. Play calling seemed to get very shaky for Eastern as the game got tighter the QB run didn't work all night long yet they wanted to try and call it. Hitches were open all night long and they didn't take advantage of them, #40 for Eastern should've had 20-25 carries last night the way he was running. This was a good game, came down to the end but I think it's one the coaches for Eastern are going to look back on and say we should've had this one. Excellent and historical season for that group of young men and they should be proud of everything they accomplished.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I didn’t have the opportunity to attend this game in-person but just had the opportunity to watch this game online. The tape will verify the referees were pretty good in this game. They called what should have been called. Hopefully both team came out of the game injury free.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Sounds like a nice tight game where Eastern can look back and see multiple plays that could have resulted in them winning. Those are heart breakers. Great season. Now - Waterford will run into exactly what Eastern would have run into next week - A really strong Caldwell team. I think far and away the best team in the our region.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great season for Eastern. Was hoping to see them advance, but nothing for the young program to hang their heads about. Should be solid for next few seasons as well based on what they got returning.*

Return to “Football”