Burg vs Barnesville location?

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Burg vs Barnesville location?

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Any guesses? I can see Columbus as a possibility as Barnesville would travel Interstate 70 and Burg up 23 probably about 2 hours for each. I don’t see the OHSAA making Barnesville travel south of 70 but you never know!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Burg vs Barnesville location?

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:10 pm Any guesses? I can see Columbus as a possibility as Barnesville would travel Interstate 70 and Burg up 23 probably about 2 hours for each. I don’t see the OHSAA making Barnesville travel south of 70 but you never know!
Groveport, where these two have played before is exactly 1hr38minute drive for both schools. It is all 4 lane highway for both schools.

Lancaster is out off the beaten path and lot of the driving is on 2 lane roads for both schools.

Does anyone know if Groveport is still in if they even made it?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just looked and Groveport Madison lost last week. Hopefully this is the location. It makes the most sense so we will see.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

Would be awesome if Chillicothe would be a possibility.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Bdog_198807 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:22 pm Would be awesome if Chillicothe would be a possibility.

It's over 2 hours for Barnesville so i don't see that happening being they are the higher seed.

Groveport is the most logical spot if they are willing to host.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

This game is usually played in Athens County, so I’m going with it being in Nelsonville next Saturday night at 7pm. Nelsonville did lose to West Jeff so the facility will be free to use.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

It will be Friday wherever it is

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:27 pm Nelsonville next Saturday night at 7pm

Boo to that location as well. I don't think Barnesville would be happy with that. 1hr56minutes for them and 1hr33minutes for Burg. Lot of 2 lane driving for both schools to get to there, especially for Barnesville.

If it gets played there then someone is gladhanding the OH$AA some money. That is the worst possible location out of any.

Groveport! Groveport! Groveport!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldtimer55
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldtimer55 »

Hamilton Township always seems to get a game. Burg has played there before

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Oldtimer55 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:35 pm Hamilton Township always seems to get a game. Burg has played there before

Yep, that would be fine as well. Easy drive on 4 lane highway almost all of the way for both schools.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Lancaster is my bet. Where do you think it should be @yabbadabbadoo

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:31 pm
vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:27 pm Nelsonville next Saturday night at 7pm

Boo to that location as well. I don't think Barnesville would be happy with that. 1hr56minutes for them and 1hr33minutes for Burg. Lot of 2 lane driving for both schools to get to there, especially for Barnesville.

If it gets played there then someone is gladhanding the OH$AA some money. That is the worst possible location out of any.

Same old song and dance Nelsonville always seems to get one wouldn’t surprise me one bit

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Logan may be a possibility, but my guess is somewhere in Columbus.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Same old song and dance Nelsonville always seems to get one wouldn’t surprise me one bit
If not in Nelsonville, then at Athens High School, but I’ll bet you a cup of coffee it gets played in Athens County. OSHAA usually puts this game in the region. The Regional Finals will most likely be at Chillicothe or Jackson.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:48 pm

If not in Nelsonville, then at Athens High School, but I’ll bet you a cup of coffee it gets played in Athens County. OSHAA usually puts this game in the region. The Regional Finals will most likely be at Chillicothe or Jackson.

You're probably right and that is the WORST location for the drive for both towns and schools involved, which I know the OH$AA don't give a rats ass about. If it is there, then that will just prove my point that Nelsonville is in the good 'ol boy club with the OH$AA.

Oh and Sonnyweaver, still Groveport or Hamilton Township.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

vladimir wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:48 pm

I don’t drink coffee but I’ll take a beer!

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Groveport is a terrible facility for a playoff game. Hamilton Township or Teays Valley may very likely get this game.

Hartley v Sheridan appears to be the game Lancaster gets.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Unfortunately, NY lost. I'm with Fred Flintstone, if it is in or near NY the fix is in. If so, boycotting is the only way to sway opinions. SEO puts asses in seats, fact. Keeping asses out of seats (dollars) speaks volumes.

Deer wins in any auto collision, 💯 of the time The threat is real this time of year. City slickers will never understand

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:32 am Unfortunately, NY lost. I'm with Fred Flintstone, if it is in or near NY the fix is in. If so, boycotting is the only way to sway opinions. SEO puts asses in seats, fact. Keeping asses out of seats (dollars) speaks volumes.

Deer wins in any auto collision, 💯 of the time The threat is real this time of year. City slickers will never understand

Bingo!!! Plus throw in both schools have to travel some 2 lane roads to get to Nelsonville. I guarantee you a lot of your older people will not go to Nelsonville.

Hamilton township or Teays Valley both make sense.

buckeyes05
Riding the Bench

Post by buckeyes05 »

Why all the hate on a game at nelsonville-york? Great facility. We treat y’all great.I grew up in the burg til I was 12. and wouldn’t complain about this location.

Return to “Football”