November 10, 2023 Ironton 14 - 20 Harvest Prep

kantucky
Varsity

Re: Ironton v Harvest Prep

Post by kantucky »

JosephLeeB9 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:20 pm
kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:08 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:12 pm

Not all Ironton fans were drinking the kool-aid going into this year, but some most certainly were downing it by the gallon!

Ohiobuckeye2 specifically stated that the OL and run game would be better, that IHS would win region and possibly state of healthy, and that this was the best team Pendleton has had at Ironton.

He and I went back and forth on this. Given what IHS lost form the ‘22 team, improvement in ‘23 seemed unlikely.
Ok, but I didn't come on here hardly any this year so I have limited knowledge as far as what others thought. I, for one, fully expected we would lose against Prep. Someone on here said that we'd lose because we wouldn't be facing the same team as what we did last year but a far more accurate statement was that HARVEST wasn't facing the same team they did last year. How can you replace a duo like Carpenter and Ty Perkins?

We had a good team this year, a very good team with some hard working talented young men on it but I felt there were a few things missing to make them a great team. I do believe the next couple of years, we shall see an improvement. Either way, come next year of the Lord allows me, I'll be sitting there watching my Tigers and just enjoying the game I'm watching at that time.

IMO their O and D line has been their biggest weaknesses last couple years
Heath exposed a weakness on our right side on defense and Harvest Prep picked up on it and exploited it. They either ran behind their left tackle or a sweep to the left.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson get some run at receiver next year. 6-3 with speed to burn. I imagine Edwards will be tossing it to Roach, Terry, Schreck and possibly Johnson. Williams, Carmen and Copas in the backfield. It’ll all depend on someone’s ability to coach up a huge offensive line. The tools will be there unless a few decide to transfer. It’s really on the coaching staff.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:04 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 pm HP did an excellent job of taking Terry out of the game. It was one of those let someone else beat us if you can.

I still say the Tiger's need to find an identity on offense. There just didn't seem to be a ryhme or reason in play calling. It's easy to play bully ball, being all flashy, against the soft part of your schedule but ya hit a wall against like opponents. Then we get all panicky trying to find a play that works.

Commit to the run. Perfect the fundamentals. Get the big boys firing off the ball and into the flow of the game early and often.

Anyway, I'm sure the smart people will figure it out. Jmo on it all.
Exactly what they need to do!! Have said this all year about Burg, and the same applies to Ironton. Both teams’ identity should be running the ball.

I’m amazed how the Burg OC will have success running the ball yet still revert back to what doesn’t/hasn’t worked. Truly don’t get why “keeping it simple” is so difficult.
KISS....You left off an 'S'....keep it simple, STUPID

BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:09 am
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:01 am
BigBelliedBob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:58 am

“5 straight conference championships”
It was the OVC… Give me a break. 😂😂😂😂
Ovc trophies are more of an embarrassment than an accomplishment. During the Lutz days we made fun of the ovc. Would never took their title serious.
Without Pendleton Ironton would still be in OVC in 2024. Before him we finished 4th in the worst conference in state. Bob Bruney handed the keys of a winner to Coach Lutz. Bruney is the guy who turned Ironton around. Pendleton doesn’t want to be in the OVC. Why do you think this was the last year.
I’m sure Pendleton was begging to get Ironton out of the OVC and not the other schools requesting their departure. Pendleton is an arrogant SOB that strokes his ego beating down inferior teams but, when the lights are brightest on the biggest stages, he’s always standing when the music stops. Give him a season, perhaps two, playing a non-OVC schedule and he’ll have had enough.

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

BigBelliedBob wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:37 pm

Ovc trophies are more of an embarrassment than an accomplishment. During the Lutz days we made fun of the ovc. Would never took their title serious.
Without Pendleton Ironton would still be in OVC in 2024. Before him we finished 4th in the worst conference in state. Bob Bruney handed the keys of a winner to Coach Lutz. Bruney is the guy who turned Ironton around. Pendleton doesn’t want to be in the OVC. Why do you think this was the last year.
I’m sure Pendleton was begging to get Ironton out of the OVC and not the other schools requesting their departure. Pendleton is an arrogant SOB that strokes his ego beating down inferior teams but, when the lights are brightest on the biggest stages, he’s always standing when the music stops. Give him a season, perhaps two, playing a non-OVC schedule and he’ll have had enough.
Well right now he’s gonna roll out the basketballs for the basketball coach and hopefully for football’s sake find an OC and DC so Ironton might have a chance to win one of those games on the big stage.

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Outoftowner wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:12 pm Wouldn’t be surprised to see Johnson get some run at receiver next year. 6-3 with speed to burn. I imagine Edwards will be tossing it to Roach, Terry, Schreck and possibly Johnson. Williams, Carmen and Copas in the backfield. It’ll all depend on someone’s ability to coach up a huge offensive line. The tools will be there unless a few decide to transfer. It’s really on the coaching staff.
Johnson would make a nice big physical fast target at wr or te or even outta the backfield. Def like to see him get some reps on O. I brought that up several days back.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

I don't get all the animosity toward the young man but then again I do also because I understand how it is in seo. End of the day he is still an inexperienced young coach with his first head coach job and he is ambitious and you old sour pusses hate to see somebody who achieved outside the seo bubble come back and do well. I criticize his calls sometimes in game but it's just football. Lol. But you old seo yocals have real animosity for the guy and probably don't even know him. Same ol seo crab in a barrel envious lil hating whispering lil rats ya always been. Ain't much changed. Smh

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:44 pm

Well right now he’s gonna roll out the basketballs for the basketball coach and hopefully for football’s sake find an OC and DC so Ironton might have a chance to win one of those games on the big stage.
I don't think changes to staff is a bad thing. Teams go different directions. Happens. Even teams that are winning. Sometimes you hit a wall and you have to change things. Could be some.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:44 pm
kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:08 pm
Ok, but I didn't come on here hardly any this year so I have limited knowledge as far as what others thought. I, for one, fully expected we would lose against Prep. Someone on here said that we'd lose because we wouldn't be facing the same team as what we did last year but a far more accurate statement was that HARVEST wasn't facing the same team they did last year. How can you replace a duo like Carpenter and Ty Perkins?

We had a good team this year, a very good team with some hard working talented young men on it but I felt there were a few things missing to make them a great team. I do believe the next couple of years, we shall see an improvement. Either way, come next year of the Lord allows me, I'll be sitting there watching my Tigers and just enjoying the game I'm watching at that time.

Heath exposed a weakness on our right side on defense and Harvest Prep picked up on it and exploited it. They either ran behind their left tackle or a sweep to the left.
Ironton gets beat up front.

Kirtland
South Range
Midland
Prep

Got beat up front in each. Other team also made less mistakes and the other team had very simple fundamental game plans they simply executed consistently.

Ironton is most vulnerable in THESE caliber of games up front - but even more so in these games Ironton isn't disciplined enough to win. It's not a position issue. It's discipline and technique overall.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:24 pm

I don't get all the animosity toward the young man but then again I do also because I understand how it is in seo. End of the day he is still an inexperienced young coach with his first head coach job and he is ambitious and you old sour pusses hate to see somebody who achieved outside the seo bubble come back and do well. I criticize his calls sometimes in game but it's just football. Lol. But you old seo yocals have real animosity for the guy and probably don't even know him. Same ol seo crab in a barrel envious lil hating whispering lil rats ya always been. Ain't much changed. Smh
Only in SEO does a young man/coach get criticized, insulted, etc. That never happens anywhere else when it comes to sports. 🤦‍♂️

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:08 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:04 pm
FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:02 pm HP did an excellent job of taking Terry out of the game. It was one of those let someone else beat us if you can.

I still say the Tiger's need to find an identity on offense. There just didn't seem to be a ryhme or reason in play calling. It's easy to play bully ball, being all flashy, against the soft part of your schedule but ya hit a wall against like opponents. Then we get all panicky trying to find a play that works.

Commit to the run. Perfect the fundamentals. Get the big boys firing off the ball and into the flow of the game early and often.

Exactly what they need to do!! Have said this all year about Burg, and the same applies to Ironton. Both teams’ identity should be running the ball.

I’m amazed how the Burg OC will have success running the ball yet still revert back to what doesn’t/hasn’t worked. Truly don’t get why “keeping it simple” is so difficult.
KISS....You left off an 'S'....keep it simple, STUPID

Ironton and Burg make their offenses way too erratic. Both could really benefit if they simplified and did just that.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:36 pm

Only in SEO does a young man/coach get criticized, insulted, etc. That never happens anywhere else when it comes to sports. 🤦‍♂️
He didn't criticize his coaching. Lol. It was personal. Idk man that kinda energy is weird for a grown man to harbor about another grown man. Did he bang his wife? 🤣

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:39 pm

He didn't criticize his coaching. Lol. It was personal. Idk man that kinda energy is weird for a grown man to harbor about another grown man. Did he bang his wife? 🤣
I don’t get personal attacks, especially against someone I don’t know and has done nothing to me. Unfortunately it happens.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Ironton needs to go into Huntington and recruit some Cabell-Midland and Huntington High kids. Wonder who else will transfer in

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

He needs to drive the back roads during hay baling season and he will find lean, tough and naturally strong kids to open up holes. You don't need to be 6'6" 300 lbs in high school to win at the point of contact.

Leave the city folk and tobacco pickers in their respective communities.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:49 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:39 pm

I don’t get personal attacks, especially against someone I don’t know and has done nothing to me. Unfortunately it happens.

I mean he called him an obnoxious sob. That ain't football. That's just plain hate. Just being salty about another grown man. Lol. Idk. I don't even know the man like that and have no reason to. He has some real animosity. Lol. I think his ol lady did her big one with Coach? 🤣 🤣

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:56 pm Ironton needs to go into Huntington and recruit some Cabell-Midland and Huntington High kids. Wonder who else will transfer in
I remember Lutz snagged a few really talented Huntingon kids. 😉

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:56 pm He needs to drive the back roads during hay baling season and he will find lean, tough and naturally strong kids to open up holes. You don't need to be 6'6" 300 lbs in high school to win at the point of contact.

Leave the city folk and tobacco pickers in their respective communities.
I don't remember Walt or Wolfie bailing any hay. lol

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

should have played thacker at qb

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:34 pm
kantucky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:44 pm

Ironton gets beat up front.

Kirtland
South Range
Midland
Prep

Got beat up front in each. Other team also made less mistakes and the other team had very simple fundamental game plans they simply executed consistently.

Ironton is most vulnerable in THESE caliber of games up front - but even more so in these games Ironton isn't disciplined enough to win. It's not a position issue. It's discipline and technique overall.
ding ding ding!

coaching loses the big games for Ironton time and time again. It's a tendency now.

Return to “Football”