Notre Dame 2024

Underb@@b01!
Waterboy

Notre Dame 2024

Post by Underb@@b01! »

Where do we go from here? New coach same result. And we lose by 50. The coach needs to bring in more support on the staff. Is his son a senior? Losing him will hurt. He was the best back. In the soc. I think nd has like 7 seniors. That will hurt two. I don’t know if it will be better next year or just the same again. Anyone have any insight or answers????? Is nd football just always going to be 2-3 best in soc and nothing more. I think baseball just won soc last season so they should have the talent.

GoIrish
JV Team

Re: Nd titans moving forward

Post by GoIrish »

lol. You bored tonight? Quit stirring. 🤣

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Underb@@b01! wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:30 pm New coach same result. … Is nd football just always going to be 2-3 best in soc and nothing more.
Yes. Never really was a situation where they were “one head coach” away from leveling up.

ND’s problem as it relates to football, frankly, is simple. The things that help make the rest of ND’s athletic department really good are the same things that stand in the way of the football program climbing higher. Why? Because it’s baked into the school and its DNA.

The girls’ side of athletics, and baseball & basketball are consistently good for ND. Why? Because you don’t need as many kids, and those are sports where having strong student body demographics ties together a roster of prepared, disciplined and coachable kids.

The reason why that dynamic holds ND back in football boils down to numbers. ND is one of the smallest schools in R27. Football, unlike all of those other sports, is very reliant on having numbers. In the most fundamental sense, numbers play a role because of how many kids are actively going to be playing over the course of a game and the reliance on ‘next man up’ replenishment in case of injuries. In this region in particular, schools that are larger but don’t necessarily have ND’s student body demographics can be more successful than ND in football and it’s not just because of numbers (although it runs together with numbers.) Big part of it comes down to the trenches. ND’s likelihood of having a position group of OL/DL that realistically involves more than 7 kids and/or has legitimate size is frankly low. It’s far more likely you’ll find that across other schools in the region; ones that are larger than ND and ones that would lose to ND in most other sports.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

This year probably as good as it’ll get for ND. Good 8th grade class coming up from what I hear, but not much size. Will be competitive in SOC I, but not much of a chance in playoffs. At this point though, still fielding a football team at a D7 private school is a win, so nothing wrong with that.

Bigger question is if Davis will be back? He coached like a dude who knew he was one-and-done, and not worried about any paybacks for his coaching “style.”*

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

This thread is full of excuses. And now Titan Nation realizes they hired a guy who only wants the job for a year. 😂
You are getting exactly what you deserve. Might as well start a thread on who the next coach will be.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

ND won 8 games ( I think the most since the 2000 team. That is 20 years), 3 points away from 9 and an SOC I championship. In my opinion, that was done with less physical talent than last year. They had a very well balanced offense and threw more than I can remember any ND team. Even though less physical talent then last year to start with they by mid year had developed players and were definitely a better team.

As far as coach leaving - I have the same concerns and was concerned in the beginning. That could make it tough on players. As for his commitment and work ethic this season ‐ unbelievable. Agree with everything he did - definitely not.

We lose 4 players we will need to fill. Outside of running back, which is a big one, all skilled players are back.

I was and still am a big fan of prior coach. I really like this coach we have now.At the end of the day it is not about the coaches and the back and forth between adults. It is about the kids and the school-‐ a small d7 school that needs support. Liking a loss to feel vindicated against another adult creates a look of indifference to the kids and that is something we shouldn't want.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

I agree support the school. I will say this, I could see the writing on the wall though when he was hired. If he stays then good for him but I have a feeling he is one and done.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

I believe it was a very good year for the young titans. A lot of sophomores and a few freshman got a lot of experience this year that will only help them for next year. Not taking anything away from our few seniors we had because I would love to have them back next year but I don’t think more the 3 weeks in a row we played with all them on the field due to injuries. Yes they will be hard to replace but our underclassman gained a lot of experience and will be a year older next year. I think the line will have 3 seniors and two juniors along with juniors and seniors in the stacked skilled positions. Talent will be there again to compete for the SOC1 again and a playoff berth again. Size and strength is was keeps them from a long playoff run every year period!
Maybe if we see a better strength program started soon will give a hint whether the Coach Davis is staying.. My bet he stays for a few years at least but who knows. The 20 kids that stuck it out sure as heck don’t want to see him leave…
Good season Titans, especially since everyone had you pegged for going 0-10! Keep up the hard work in the off-season!

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:44 am This thread is full of excuses. And now Titan Nation realizes they hired a guy who only wants the job for a year. 😂
You are getting exactly what you deserve. Might as well start a thread on who the next coach will be.
when BD applied, why did nobody stop and ask "why does this guy want to move so far for so little?"

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Lonesome Polecat wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:44 am This thread is full of excuses. And now Titan Nation realizes they hired a guy who only wants the job for a year. 😂
Who cares how long the guy wanted to be there. ND went 7-3 and won a 1st round playoff game in terms of what ND has been over the last few years that's a successful season which is what all teams look for. So winning record going 7-3--check...played in and just missed out on the SOC1 title check gotta be there to have a shot...1st round win check. Explain to us the negatives on the season then maybe we can have a conversation since you're still living in the past of how ND ran you off.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

If you want to recruit Pendleton you better hurry. We need a JV head coach.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
Underb@@b01!
Waterboy

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by Underb@@b01! »

What is the status on the coach? Does he teach at the school. I hope so but thru don’t show him on the website as a teacher. Just wondering if he will b around to work with kids all winter. The last coach didn’t work there and they hurt no think.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Re: Notre Dame 2024

Post by BillyBob21 »

Underb@@b01! wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:49 pm What is the status on the coach? Does he teach at the school. I hope so but thru don’t show him on the website as a teacher. Just wondering if he will b around to work with kids all winter. The last coach didn’t work there and they hurt no think.
It appears he is not going anywhere since BD already has the boys hitting the weight room.

Return to “Football”