November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

Browns4life
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg v Harvest Prep

Post by Browns4life »

Well hopefully Burg learns something from the last 2 weeks games that Harvest has played, where both losing teams thought it was a good idea to just try and throw to the same guy 60 times and run up the middle with all 11 HP players in the box. Harvest prep did enough both weeks to lose.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:44 pm
FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:36 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:28 pm

Can't be as bad as the group doing the Burg last night. My brother said on every big play for Burg they blacked at the screen and he missed Creed's 83 yard run, which was a thing of beauty I might add and all of the other big plays Burg had.

That's about the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of.
It went black every single time the camera panned right. It sucked!!

That's what I heard but he said it never happened to Barnesville. Odd to say the least.

If you can find Creed's run somewhere it was pretty incredible. He got bottled up in the backfield, spun out a tackle and took it up the middle and then cut it to the Burg's sideline and just flat outran a defender who had the angle on him. Creed just beat him to the spot and kicked it in!!

He was a beast last night and needs to be a beast this week. If Burg tries to run the wildcat and not run Creed, they will lose. they need to leave Rucker in there to keep them honest as they do still have two very good receivers in Lattimore and Evans. Can't believe how big Evans has gotten over the season and still has speed. That slant pass he caught and turned into a big gain, which was called back on a bullshit OL downfield on a 2 yard slant, was very nice.
https://wtov9.com/sports/high-school-fo ... eelersburg#

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 pm That’s the official word on where game is. Stinks for sure. Waverly or Chillicothe seemed like a no brainer
Seems to me fans gonna bitch wherever the game is played. If you don’t like it keep your cry baby a$$ home

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

coachK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:57 pm
Sonny Weaver wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:58 pm That’s the official word on where game is. Stinks for sure. Waverly or Chillicothe seemed like a no brainer
Seems to me fans gonna bitch wherever the game is played. If you don’t like it keep your cry baby a$$ home
You mad, big boy. Lol

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

Just think it’s funny, fans always complain about the drive.
Most fans would be happy their team is still playing and show up to support them. Same trip to convo for basketball and people still show up. 🤷‍♂️

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

coachK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:10 pm Just think it’s funny, fans always complain about the drive.
Most fans would be happy their team is still playing and show up to support them. Same trip to convo for basketball and people still show up. 🤷‍♂️
I get it! :D

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

coachK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:10 pm Just think it’s funny, fans always complain about the drive.

Don't think so. Most of your older fans haven't been going to the convo either the last few years. They will travel to Hamilton township, Chillicothe or even Teays Valley because they are all three straight up 23.

My guess is Chillicothe didn't put in for this game because it's a no brainer to have it there. It looked like Waverly was willing to host but have issues with the scoreboard.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm Yall have been saying it all year, run the darn ball, or take the decision making out of the qb hands. 2 horribly called pass plays that cost about 10 points. Can't have that from this point forward.
Burgs oc gets impatient. He will get impatient vs Prep also.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

For some reason seo folks are literally the only people I know who moan and groan that they have to leave their backyard for a football game but they don't even hesitate to redirect their southern Ohio dollars to Kentucky and West Virginia for goods and entertainment all while allowing the businesses in their own community to crumble and rot. It's the most amusing thing to observe. Lol

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good Luck Burg.
RepSeoFB

I will be watching & rooting from here in OrLando.

With as sloppy as I have watched my alma-mater play & really not improve since game 4, & nearly still beat Prep, if you guys play clean, i think you’ll advance.

Go get it!!!

#GoBgo

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:00 am
For some reason seo folks are literally the only people I know who moan and groan that they have to leave their backyard for a football game but they don't even hesitate to redirect their southern Ohio dollars to Kentucky and West Virginia for goods and entertainment all while allowing the businesses in their own community to crumble and rot. It's the most amusing thing to observe. Lol
Burg travels well for football and all other sports. I think the Burg-Pemberville state game still holds the attendance record for D5.

Problem with going to Athens and Nelsonville is that the roads from Burg to 32 are not the greatest. Mostly two-lane and very curvy. Also, dodging deer the entire trip makes for an added bonus.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:57 am
FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:48 pm Yall have been saying it all year, run the darn ball, or take the decision making out of the qb hands. 2 horribly called pass plays that cost about 10 points. Can't have that from this point forward.
Burgs oc gets impatient. He will get impatient vs Prep also.
Sadly, I think you are right. Made the same old mistakes against Barnesville on Friday that kept the game closer than it should have been.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:00 am
You are such a Jack hole!

All of those places for entertainment in Kentucky or West Virginia we can get to by driving on a 4 lane highway.

Not the case to get to Athens. I guarantee you Burgs crowd won’t be as big as if this game was in Chillicothe. I’m going to have to think Chillicothe didn’t even put in for this game because it makes the most sense. Almost the exact mileage for both schools and mostly all 4 lane highway for both schools.

Calvin
Freshman Team

Post by Calvin »

The crowd will be light because the fans know Burg is going to get smacked. There will be panicked play calling and the HP speed will be too much to overcome. Stay home and save your money and heartache. Roll out the basketballs.

Celebrating wins over the most hated.
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm not sure just how confident I am that Wheelersburg can beat Harvest Prep in this second go around this season. I am sure of one thing though, it might be wise to not bet against the Burg being able to do so. Good luck Pirates, go up to Joe Burrow Stadium, get that win and bring it back to Scioto County.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Calvin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:56 pm The crowd will be light because the fans know Burg is going to get smacked. There will be panicked play calling and the HP speed will be too much to overcome. Stay home and save your money and heartache. Roll out the basketballs.
The mid-west all stars are free this week. Maybe they can air up the BURG basketballs for them. Just a thought.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Calvin wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:56 pm The crowd will be light because the fans know Burg is going to get smacked. There will be panicked play calling and the HP speed will be too much to overcome. Stay home and save your money and heartache. Roll out the basketballs.
Agree. Roll out the basketballs and lower the baskets fellas. It’s bout to be basketball season in da’ Burg. :mrgreen:

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:24 pm
Agree. Roll out the basketballs and lower the baskets fellas. It’s bout to be basketball season in da’ Burg. :mrgreen:
Atleast Burg has another week of practice and another game and who knows If Burg plays pretty much mistake free and limits preps big plays I truly believe Burg has a great chance of winning so proud of how much those boys have improved through out the year and my nephew #28 has worked his but off to be in this position and very proud of him so GO BURG WIN THIS REGION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Burg grad 85
The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:10 pm
The Ultimate Lancer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:24 pm
Atleast Burg has another week of practice and another game and who knows If Burg plays pretty much mistake free and limits preps big plays I truly believe Burg has a great chance of winning so proud of how much those boys have improved through out the year and my nephew #28 has worked his but off to be in this position and very proud of him so GO BURG WIN THIS REGION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
Come on man, you know they already out kicked their coverage. It’s time to roll out the basketballs 🏀

BRING BACK The used car salesman/part time football manager!
Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

I love it when the play calling gets panicked. Sounds like turnovers to me.

Return to “Football”