Tri_State79
Varsity

Re: November 17, 2023 Harvest Prep 22 - 0 Wheelersburg

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 am
tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:23 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:53 pm

1 and 9
I went to Waverly so the 1-9 doesn’t really bother me. I'm sure you will start insulting Waverly now because that is what keyboard warriors do. Yes we have never won a state championship, probably will never will but they are still my school. I no longer live in the area so I come to this board to keep up with what is going on in the area and really don't want to see people just talking crap about kids or the schools they go to.

So go ahead and hit me with your best stuff.
Nothing but respect for Waverly and their entire community. Had many battles with them back in the day. Players always showed class regardless of wins or losses.

As for them not winning the state, Waverly has traditionally had really good skilled players but typically not as strong in the trenches. Also, being a D4 school, they do not have enough players coming out for football. 70 is the min to have any chance to compete against the better programs, and Waverly rarely to never has that many players.
Idk why anyone would think I'd have a comment one way or another about Waverly. According to the participation numbers, Waverly doesn't even care about Waverly football let alone an outsider. Lmao

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I'm not surprised Harvest Prep won this game. I had said on an earlier post that Harvest Prep controlled who won the game. If they came with the right frame of mind and played well then there was nothing Wheelersburg could do to stop them. What I am surprised is how Harvest Prep played and still controlled the game. I would say Harvest Prep played maybe a B/B- game and still dominated the game. With the penalties and turnovers they had, I am surprised they won by three touchdown. But the one thing I will say they didn't make many mistakes on defense. I think that says a lot about the gap between these two teams this year. Harvest Prep has developed into a very good football program.
Last edited by ItsMyOpinion on Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

You play the best to get better and hopefully improve the outcomes against tougher opponents. I know before Burg played and won the state championship in 2017, they got a good lesson from playing Coldwater a few years before. They could've gotten blowed out but Coldwaters coach was very gracious and called off the dogs. I believe that's when the Burg learned if you wanna play and win against the big dogs you have to play good D and be well balanced on offense. They need to go back and find that mentality or the results will be the same against better opponents.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:35 pm I'm not surprised Harvest Prep won this game. I had said on an earlier post that Harvest Prep controlled who won the game. If they came with the right frame of mind and played well then there was nothing Wheelersburg could do to stop them. What I am surprised is how Harvest Prep played and still controlled the game. I would say Harvest Prep played maybe a B/B- game and still dominated the game. With the penalties and turnovers they had, I am surprised they won by three touchdown. But the one thing I will say they didn't make many mistakes on defense. I think that says a lot about the gap between these two teams this year. Harvest Prep has developed into a very good football program.

Prep accomplished what burg fans only claim burg does.

Prep Got better as the season went on. Burg did not.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Tri-State you’re funny 😄

Go Burg!

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:22 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:53 pm

1 and 9
I went to Waverly so the 1-9 doesn’t really bother me. I'm sure you will start insulting Waverly now because that is what keyboard warriors do. Yes we have never won a state championship, probably will never will but they are still my school. I no longer live in the area so I come to this board to keep up with what is going on in the area and really don't want to see people just talking crap about kids or the schools they go to.

Honestly I've never even had one thought ever about Waverly football. Likely never will.

What's that have to do with op?
Okay. Maybe my Southern Ohio education has failed me and I didn't understand.

I said I love the foe button

You replied 1-9 which I took that you meant that I was a Burg fan because you had so eloquently stated how they are only 1-9 against the best in the region

I replied that I was from Waverly. Maybe I should have put Waverly not Burg but I thought you would understand me

That is how my Southern Ohio mind processed the conversation. Maybe I was wrong but I highly doubt it.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

tigercat74 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:31 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:22 pm

Honestly I've never even had one thought ever about Waverly football. Likely never will.

What's that have to do with op?
Okay. Maybe my Southern Ohio education has failed me and I didn't understand.

I said I love the foe button

You replied 1-9 which I took that you meant that I was a Burg fan because you had so eloquently stated how they are only 1-9 against the best in the region

I replied that I was from Waverly. Maybe I should have put Waverly not Burg but I thought you would understand me

That is how my Southern Ohio mind processed the conversation. Maybe I was wrong but I highly doubt it.
Yup you were wrong. I put 1 and 9 to reiterate the actual FACTS.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

123xxx wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:53 pm Tri-State you’re funny 😄

Go Burg!
I try to bring a little sarcasm and light hearted jabbing along with facts. The seops old sour puss contingent gets tight about it, but facts are facts regardless how they feel. Great thing about the internet is the seo bubble can't protect seo from facts or critical objective analysis. That said we all know when the seo big mouths travel outside the bubble they get quiet and passive. 😆 They only mumble that nonsensical yocal bs to their neighbors. Lol
Last edited by Tri_State79 on Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Still so funny Tri-State lol😂

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

123xxx wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:25 pm Still so funny Tri-State lol😂

Yes sir. But sadly not as funny as a program with so called "superior coaching and superior culture" that goes 1 and 9 vs the best teams on their schedule the past two seasons. These days, in wheelersburg, apparently "superiority" nets you a 1 and 9 result. Lmao.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Whomever pointed out that FOE button.

THANK-YOU very much.

Im sure others are happy too.

Even my rambling posts over the decades i accept should be “FOED”.

Lol!!!

#GoTgo

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Still cracking me up Tri-State

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

SOC2- Valley, Oak Hill, Minford, West, Waverly is typical pad the stats games and easy. On occasion West or Waverly will win one. 5-0 to begin with each year with a slim chance of losing one. Then you have Ironton, Jackson, Harvest Prep losses, then it gets tricky on scheduling last two games. If you schedule another strong team or teams , you can go 6-4 or 5-5. With 16 teams getting in a 5-5 record might get you 15-16 seed. Then you start off playing the No 1 or 2 in playoffs and could end up 5-6 or 6-5. So the question is do you try to schedule 2 weaker non conference or 2 stronger.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Tri_State79 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:24 pm
123xxx wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:53 pm Tri-State you’re funny 😄

Go Burg!
I try to bring a little sarcasm and light hearted jabbing along with facts. The seops old sour puss contingent gets tight about it, but facts are facts regardless how they feel. Great thing about the internet is the seo bubble can't protect seo from facts or critical objective analysis. That said we all know when the seo big mouths travel outside the bubble they get quiet and passive. 😆 They only mumble that nonsensical yocal bs to their neighbors. Lol
Hilarious

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:36 pm
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:27 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:23 am Congratulations to the Pirates on another good season.

What/how many starters return for next season?
They lost to every good team lmao
They are showing “class” by congratulating Burg. Remember your comments earlier about the lack of it on this site?

But you are right, Burg lost to every good team except McNich. And this has been their MO for the past 4+ years.

Burg D was solid but the O had issues from game 1 that were never resolved. If Burg doesn’t figure out their O, they will continue their unprecedented bad run of four loss seasons.
According to paper 6 first downs and 64 total yds says it all. Set offensive football back 100 yrs😂

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:28 am
Tri_State79 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:27 pm

They lost to every good team lmao
They are showing “class” by congratulating Burg. Remember your comments earlier about the lack of it on this site?

But you are right, Burg lost to every good team except McNich. And this has been their MO for the past 4+ years.

Burg D was solid but the O had issues from game 1 that were never resolved. If Burg doesn’t figure out their O, they will continue their unprecedented bad run of four loss seasons.
According to paper 6 first downs and 64 total yds say it all. Set offensive football back 100 yrs😂
It's hard to critique burgs o in this game

Burg had to re work their line, their starting offensive guard missed the game due to illness. And one of their other bigger tackles for their run game was out due to a concussion.

I read somewhere on here that Prep had new players on their team. Not sure if that's true but they did have a defensive tackle that didn't play in the first game, and he was almost unblockable. I think Ironton only had like 90 some yards too so it could be true.

If prep continues to recruit Columbus, they will continue to be Region 19 champs. Reminds me of the Bishop Hartley run

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:38 am

According to paper 6 first downs and 64 total yds say it all. Set offensive football back 100 yrs😂

Burg had to re work their line, their starting offensive guard missed the game due to illness. And one of their other bigger tackles for their run game was out due to a concussion.

I read somewhere on here that Prep had new players on their team. Not sure if that's true but they did have a defensive tackle that didn't play in the first game, and he was almost unblockable. I think Ironton only had like 90 some yards too so it could be true.

If prep continues to recruit Columbus, they will continue to be Region 19 champs. Reminds me of the Bishop Hartley run
Yeah I’ve already came to the conclusion that this is as good as it’s going to get for the burg. Lose to ironton, prep and Jackson every yr and dominate SOC and think we are better than we really are. Then a playoff loss to ironton or prep, whichever one we see first.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:48 am

Yeah I’ve already came to the conclusion that this is as good as it’s going to get for the burg. Lose to ironton, prep and Jackson every yr and dominate SOC and think we are better than we really are. Then a playoff loss to ironton or prep, whichever one we see first.
That's a good year. lol, Ironton is going to be good as long as they get players in. They would have to be. If Ironton only played with their own players, they'd be in the same boat as Burg. Be good for around here and then go as far as they can.

Ironton has a lot of pressure to go away from the OVC and schedule up. They will need more help, even more than what they have now to compete with prep in the next few years.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:56 am

That's a good year. lol, Ironton is going to be good as long as they get players in. They would have to be. If Ironton only played with their own players, they'd be in the same boat as Burg. Be good for around here and then go as far as they can.

Ironton has a lot of pressure to go away from the OVC and schedule up. They will need more help, even more than what they have now to compete with prep in the next few years.
Without seeing the other 3 teams left I still wouldn’t be surprised if prep gets beat by a team with far less talent that is well coached and have kids that go into the game actually thinking they can win.I agree for the burg program now that’s about as good as it’s going to get. 3-4 loss seasons, SOC champs and 1-2 playoff wins
Last edited by fbnut on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

fbnut wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:02 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:56 am

Without seeing the other 3 teams left I still wouldn’t be surprised if prep gets beat by a team with far less talent that is well coached and have kids that go into the game actually thinking they can win.
Prep will have their hands full this week vs Perry. Watched Perry vs Kirtland and was really impressed with Perry. Nothing flashy they are just really well balanced. Can pass and run, good size, solid tackling, and make very few mistakes or stupid penalties.
Not taking anything away from Prep because they do have the speed and skill to get the job done. Should be a good one👍

Return to “Football”